The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Francesco Aquilini the Puppet Master

Slegr

Must I remind you fools that this is a Canuck board that is OWNED by Aquillini?

Take your anger out to another forum. I would have you banned and lock this stupid thread.

Also if you don't like how the owners and Bettman are running things then move on elsewhere because they are the bosses who cut the cheques and have every right to call how they run their businesses

How about we hate no one and try to show our support so this whole thing can be over asap. I just want to watch hockey, I care not for who I'm supposed to point the finger of blame. :rolleyes: Everybody is getting the raw end of the deal here, the sooner they all realize the sooner they can all work together to work out a deal to the benefit of all and so they can keep us the fans happy. (Those who helped to make the NHL what it is today, with our love of the sport)

EDIT: Cheers to hoping we can see some hockey this come December, at the very least. <_<

Must I remind you fools that this is a Canuck board that is OWNED by Aquillini?

Take your anger out to another forum. I would have you banned and lock this stupid thread.

Also if you don't like how the owners and Bettman are running things then move on elsewhere because they are the bosses who cut the cheques and have every right to call how they run their businesses

Kids..Kids..settle down. How do we even know Aquaman voted in favor of a lockout? Wouldn't he want to be making a profit right now with this winning team? We have the most expensive tickets (aside from TO) and we are one of the rich teams that makes a lot of profit, so why would he vote for a lockout that would hurt business and profit?

We blame Buttman because he is the commissioner and he should be the mediator between owners and players, and not be a damn lapdog for the owners.

Yeah,but the reality is Bettman is the servant and extension of the majority of the owners.

The players should leave to other leagues and let the owners figure it out for themselves for a year or two.

All the businesses that suffer,employees and families ,never mind the players and the staff at the rink,itself.

The owners cannot get their act together and want to use others to get their fiscal acts together.

No players.No league.No business.

First of all, the ownership group acts as a collective. They vote on matters and the majority rules. We have no way of knowing whether or not Aquilini voted for or against the lockout. Given that Vancouver has one of the highest annual revenues, combined with a history of Aquilini dishing out money hand and foot to create a winning environment, it's not far fetched to infer that he may actually have voted against a lockout, ie: the lockout will cost him substantial revenue that he would earn if the hockey season went forward.

Secondly, Gary Bettman is the commisioner of the NHL. He is the figurehead of the entire league. The success of the NHL is (or at least should be) his primary objective. To me, that indicates that his interests would be with both owners and players, as both groups are instrumental in the future success of professional hockey. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me as though Gary Bettman should not be picking sides. He should be a non-partisan individual, an adjudicator over negotiations if he has any involvement at all. Gary Bettman should not be siding with the ownership group if in fact his interests are the future success and growth of the league, as he is ostracizing the players that make this league possible. The ownership group should be handling negotiations without the participation or interference of the NHL brass.

That's how I see, at least.

Yes 23 of 30 owners should be grateful for the opportunity to spend $150 million. lose money, just so that they can have the wonderful privaledge to provide us with our entertainment.

They shouldn't want to make money those greedy losers, what the heck is their problem.

Archived