The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 3.0

Ok I'll take your word over Eakins' and Burke's lol. Some quotes from articles

"Eakins ripped into Kadri saying, “His body fat today is probably in the bottom three to five guys in our whole camp and that’s unacceptable. That’s the easiest part of coming into camp is eating correctly and training correctly. There’s just no coming off if you’re an athlete, it’s no different than the normal person. You make your choice. You can either go sit on the couch, put your feet up and have a bag of potato chips or you can go on the couch and put your feet up and grab some carrots and some apples.”

I never said he didn't have fat on him, I said he isn't fat.

Does Eakin's call him fat? No, they are athlete's he said he wasn't good compared to the rest, but he was still in far better shape than the average person.

You know what's really funny about that. He was a + when they sent him down.

They have players on that team, that go 20 games without a goal, are huge minus's, but you know why nothing happen's to them? Contracts and politics.

It's unreal how they have treated him, a PPG in the AHL, imagine if he was here, Gillis would give him ample opportunities, he tried everything he could to get Coho up here as much as he could (in 10/11) when he wasn't doing nearly aswell as Kadri, think of Kadri if he was here, since you watch him play apparently.

Think about his amazing skillset, think about that getting time with good players, put him with 2 players who are more defensively responsible than him (Higgins and Hansen for ex) he would be fine and he would help both out offensively.

You know, another thing not to bring up Coho again in a bad way, but I am going too.

Coho was treated poorly by our organization at times I think everyone can agree, and you know what he did eventually he quit, he asked for a trade. He gave up here. The kid with all this character and this leadership and all this stuff quit on a team that yes he got off to a rocky start with but was good to him later on. He quit okay, Mrs.Character quit.

Look at Kadri, he has been through way worse treatment than Coho has, has Kadri quit? No he hasn't you say he has a bad attitude, BS. If he did he would have quit by now don't you think? Think about that.

Nazem, is that you? lol

Further along? hhhahahahaa

Ok ignore the quotes from the guy that drafted him and the two guys that coached him. I trust you more than them since you are a more knowledgable person on evaluating hockey talent than them (Burke, Eakings, Wilson) and even myself who's seen him play 40 plus games

ya you're right good on ya..lmo

Okay so you didn't even reply to anything I said here, you just tried to insult me without making a point, good effort.

You don't think he is further along, here's I'll prove it to ya:

Nazem Kadri: 51 Games, 19 Points. Played mostly in the top 9.

Nicklas Jensen: 0 Games, 0 Points. Hasn't played

Brendan Gaunce: 0 Games, 0 Points. Hasn't Played

Billy Sweat (Who was drafted 2 years before him): 2 Games, 0 Points. Played 2 Games on the 4th line.

(Now for the players who were drafted in the same year as him)

Jordan Schroeder: 0 Games, 0 Points. Hasn't Played.

Anton Rodin: 0 Games, 0 Points. Hasn't played.

Zack Kassian: 44 Games, 10 Points. Has been a bottom 6 player pretty much all the games he played, or a good majority.

So now I ask you. Which one of those players have accomplished more?

Edit: Wowowww just Wowwowow

1. Dude, do you know how to read? Seriously man, your coach says in relation to your fitness when you are considered the 'top' prosepect and a 3rd year pro the team is depending on....that your body fat is...

" unacceptable. That’s the easiest part of coming into camp is eating correctly and training correctly. There’s just no coming off if you’re an athlete, it’s no different than the normal person. You make your choice. You can either go sit on the couch, put your feet up and have a bag of potato chips or you can go on the couch and put your feet up and grab some carrots and some apples.”

and you don't think he's calling you fat? Buddy he ain't playing against you or me..he's playing against pro athletes, whether he is in ok shape compared to the average 23 year old has no bearing, get your head out of your a ss..

Zack Kassian wasn't in "as good of shape" last year either, MG said there were significant differences this year to last. Is he going to be a bust too since u think he is so much better.

Give me a break, atleast back yourself up a bit next time you reply.

Kadri isn't another Coho guy, he hasn't quit and he has gone through far worse, you seem to have missed the point, maybe next time throw on a pair of glasses and read it a little slower.

As I said next time you reply u should try backing your stuff for once. or atleast getting your head of your ass would be a start, it seems to be giving you tunnel vision, I can tell by your narrowed headed arguments.

Zack Kassian wasn't in "as good of shape" last year either, MG said there were significant differences this year to last. Is he going to be a bust too since u think he is so much better.

Give me a break dude. and even if that was true, and he isn't in shape. Right now he is averaging basicly PPG, and is +5. (18 in 20) "And he isn't good" Give me a break, this just shows by the time he get's in shape (which he probably is close to already, if not in shape already) he will only get better.

What you fail to realize is: there will be other things in the deal aswell. Shocking right? He's average size, does that make a difference there are ton's of small player, Cody "Godson" is smaller than he is, we feel inlove with him pretty easliy, size means little aslong as u have the skill or other atributes to compenstate for it.

Size doesn't seem to be an issue for him:

He's not fast or versatile?

Hmmm you know what is weird about that last part, I think we are in need of a playmaking winger, someone with offensive skillset of Kadri to help complement Booth and Kesler.. Hmm Kadri is young and can play wing... Hmmmmm... Is it hard for you to put 2 + 2 together? That maybe he is a young player that could get a much better shot here? I guess not.

And watch these: He has no issue going to middle of the ice, and even when he is on the perimeter he can make things happen, he's a playmaker, it's not neccisarly a bad thing that he plays the perimeter At times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0meJ4mptOg

Seems to be in the middle there

Doesn't seem to have an issue size wise there, his skating seems to be good there.

Give me a break, atleast back yourself up a bit next time you reply.

Kadri isn't another Coho guy, he hasn't quit and he has gone through far worse, you seem to have missed the point, maybe next time throw on a pair of glasses and read it a little slower.

As I said next time you reply u should try backing your stuff for once. or atleast getting your head of your ass would be a start, it seems to be giving you tunnel vision, I can tell by your narrowed headed arguments.

If you think the way to judge a player's ability is purely on how many points he's scored well then I direct you to hockeydb and to look at draft class after draft class and look at the first round and see how many busts put up numbers in the ohl and ahl.

Moreover.

If you need to use your simpleton silly logic.

Kassian 21 yrs old.

44 games 10 pts on the bottom 6 and really bottom 3 and two teams so adjustments needed to be made.

Was told to lose weight, came to camp 15 lbs lighter, faster, stronger committed

Kadri

51 games 19 pts played with Kessel, Lupul, and top 6 regularly including power play time, 22 yrs old and has had the opportunity in camp to win a top 6 role all three years with the leafs organization and yet has only played 10 more games in the NHL than Kassian who by the time he is 22 will have full 82 more under his belt, or close. Kadri came to his third and very important camp out of shape. Committed? Drive? Desire?

wow...good on ya kid, you seriously have no idea what it takes to compete in this world

wow can i cherry pick some other youtube gaffs of his? lol

ok lets agree then you are a better hockey person than Brian Burke, Ron Wilson, and Dallas Eakins. You are more knowledgeable on evaluating hockey talent than they are and they are wrong in that Kadri is a terrific 1/2 line center capable of being a strong NHLer

you're right and more knowledgable about hockey than they are. ps he played alot with Kessell who is more pure sniper than Kesler or Booth will ever be, and did jack.

now go send nazem a box of chocolates and valentines card for your boy crush.

The points weren't even my main sticking point, I was more refering to the games, except with Kassian, then yes the points were the sticking point.

And really he was playing with Kessel and Lupul was he?

Doesn't sound like Kessel and Lupul, and as you can see the only reason they called him up is because of injuries, and because they had already called everyone else up that can play at that level.

They were called up on an emergency basis again due to injuries, really sounds that fair top 6 opportunity you keep talking about doesn't it.

The only reason they call him up is because of injuries, and they always call other players up first and wait till they have no one left else to call-up but Kadri, but you seem to think he is getting fair top 6 chances. Actually Ashton was the one getting looks there.

And guess what? Ashton came up, played 15 games, had 0 points and was -10.

He wasn't even doing aswell as Kadri was in the AHL that year in the first place, yet him getting those good chances over Kadri is fair according to you? That Makes a ton of sense....

It's obvious he has been treated unfairly, and you know what else is funny, the day they sent Kadri down last year, was the day there miraculous fall off the cliff into that non-playoff spot began, interesting eh?

The points weren't even my main sticking point, I was more refering to the games, except with Kassian, then yes the points were the sticking point.

And really he was playing with Kessel and Lupul was he?

Doesn't sound like Kessel and Lupul, and as you can see the only reason they called him up is because of injuries, and because they had already called everyone else up that can play at that level.

They were called up on an emergency basis again due to injuries, really sounds that fair top 6 opportunity you keep talking about doesn't it.

The only reason they call him up is because of injuries, and they always call other players up first and wait till they have no one left else to call-up but Kadri, but you seem to think he is getting fair top 6 chances. Actually Ashton was the one getting looks there.

And guess what? Ashton came up, played 15 games, had 0 points and was -10.

He wasn't even doing aswell as Kadri was in the AHL that year in the first place, yet him getting those good chances over Kadri is fair according to you? That Makes a ton of sense....

It's obvious he has been treated unfairly, and you know what else is funny, the day they sent Kadri down last year, was the day there miraculous fall off the cliff into that non-playoff spot began, interesting eh?

Implying and saying are to different things, are they not.

I never actually said that's the reason, I just find it funny that it happened like that, and eeerrry coincidence.

Personally I don't think losing him was the reason, I think it is the hockey gods punishing the leafs for treating him poorly.

Either way, as coaches will tell you, never miss with a winning line-up, they did it and paid for it it seems.

:lol: So hypocritical.

Prove to me that he has gotten significant time there, I have been able to prove to you he hasn't gotten a chance with them, I'll believe you if you can prove he has gotten significant time, shouldn't be a tough request since you seem to know everything no?

And why are you saying "We" your a leafs fan aren't you? Go cheer for them, I don't want you as a fan of my team.

And my opinion on it is, and what I'm saying about him is: I think he has been treated unfairly and is just waiting to breakout, aslong as we get another good piece or 2 in the deal, I have no issue going for him aswell, even if he doesn't make the team right away it would be an excellent addition to our prospect pool that lacks alot of top talent.

And finally atleast I am smart enough to be able to back-up my own opinions with facts, rather than just tieing Brian Burke's leash around my neck and believing everything he does and say's is absolutely right like he knows everything.

He or Dallas or whoever is a human just like you and I, they make mistakes, GM's make mistakes all the time, they aren't the Be-all end-all. Anyone who pays attention enough could come up with there own opinion, and have it be a good one aslong as they can support it, like I have been able to.

So if your going to reply again, please actually try to prove something this time, it makes your view alot more legitimate when it is backed by facts rather than ignorance. And it makes you seem smarter too.

As do your's mister "Smarter about hockey" :lol:

All the money comes from the fans, I'm a fan. Simple enough.

Your first 3 "facts" weren't even about Hockey they were pathetic attempts at insulting me. Ouch real effective.

4. Why hasn't he? Because he hasn't beeen given a fair spot, there's politics behind it. there are issue's, I've said this many times already. I don't know what they are but it's not tough to tell there are politics there, if not why would they bury him everytime he doesn't make the team, if there wasn't they would support him, which apparently they don't like other teams do with there highly coveted prospects.

5. Well this is completely new. Umm.. I think each year has it's own individual reason's as to why, I think Burke came in and expected too much of the group, he tried to make a quick fix in a horrible situation, he paid an horrendous price to do that with Kessel and it has haunted him since, there team was handcuffed and broken and it tries to tape the wholes quickly and it failed. He wasn't as good as he thought IMO.

6. This is the same as #4. I just think there are politics there, or else is there wasn't, why would they treat him so poorly and insult him and such.

7. This is the same as #6 and #4, there are issue's there, I mean last time for example. Not saying he is the reason they missed the playoffs, but he was playing well, they were playing well, they were rolling along into the playoffs, Nazem was a + player and he was contributing, then they send him down, for really no reason since they were winning and things went against them from there on out.

And those weren't really facts, 3 were insults, and the other 4 were questions. No facts there. And if results have done nothing, let's give Kassian, Schreoder, Jensen, Gaunce and all the other's a binky and a baby bottle while we are at it.

Archived