The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 3.0

ps...with an assumption of leading a person to an OBVIOUS answer = fact . we all have websters online as well. do you know the point of a rhetorical question? clearly not...see i have given you the answer to a rhetorical question to help you.

Hockey trade - Booth to Calgary for Curtis Glencross.

Calgary gets a little more size, a bit more hitting, and a larger cap hit out of the deal (Calgary loves caphits - I think they judge a player's worth by their cap ht...) Also, there are probably more believers and hunters in Calgary than Vancouver, and he's less likely to take a lotta flack there.

Canucks get another kickass, undrafted, underpaid player out of the deal, one who can give Burrows a run for the best-bang-for-the-buck. Have no problem with how Booth plays, but really like this Curtis Glencross - he's far too good for his cap hit to be a Flame - total misfit.

1. FAT = FAT BRO....wake up...as I said you tried to spin a "GM calling a player" fat into a positive. He was called OUT OF SHAPE by his GM!!!! This wasn't a compliment!! It speaks to a 3rd year pro to which there are strong expectations that he is not showing the committment he needs to, and in the press no less...publicly not privately, in the press!!!! wow just go on with your delusions.

Ok I'll take your word over Eakins' and Burke's lol. Some quotes from articles

"Eakins ripped into Kadri saying, “His body fat today is probably in the bottom three to five guys in our whole camp and that’s unacceptable. That’s the easiest part of coming into camp is eating correctly and training correctly. There’s just no coming off if you’re an athlete, it’s no different than the normal person. You make your choice. You can either go sit on the couch, put your feet up and have a bag of potato chips or you can go on the couch and put your feet up and grab some carrots and some apples.”

And this is the same guy who's strategy for Luongo is to just "wait" until some team gets some divine guidance to out of nowhere desperately want to add a 34 year-old with 8 years remaining on his deal.

A high pick with upside and an immediate 3rd line C is apparently not an adequate return for a goalie that we need to get rid of and that will not add any value on our bench relative to his contract. You should be embarrassed and ashamed, BuretoMogilny.

Have to agree with you here. I think the Nucks are in big trouble if the season is cancelled. Luongo's value will take a big dive (as you pointed out -"a 34 year-old with 8 years remaining on his deal.") I suspect, the management would end up keeping Lu and trading Schneids to get some value. Unfortunate for sure, as we would still need a good backup for Lu and I'm not yet sold on Lack.

Have to agree with you here. I think the Nucks are in big trouble if the season is cancelled. Luongo's value will take a big dive (as you pointed out -"a 34 year-old with 8 years remaining on his deal.") I suspect, the management would end up keeping Lu and trading Schneids to get some value. Unfortunate for sure, as we would still need a good backup for Lu and I'm not yet sold on Lack.

I think there will be a season, and I still think that Luongo has played his last game as a Canuck. Seems like there's too much fuel to these TML rumors. If we could get Bozak & Kadri, I would give Gillis a big round of applause.

I just don't understand the folks around here who don't feel that there's any urgency in solving this goaltending situation of ours. There is.

There is urgency, but Gillis is patient and will wait for the "right" deal. However the "right" deal could change depending on the level of urgency.. aka the Nucks stumbling out of the block.

I to think that Kadri and Bozak would be a very good return for Lui, though I would hope to get one of Reimer or Scrivens back to compete for the back up role. I dont think Lack has yet earned the role, and is having quite the sub par season in Chi town.

Bozak is somewhat miscast in his role in TO, however the kid has shown the ability to be able to play with high level skilled wingers. The guy really reminds me of the good Chris Higgins... Hard working shifts with decent speed, hands, and hockey IQ... Plus he's MONEY on faceoffs with a career avg of 54%. Last season he registered 18 goals, 47 points in 72 games played. Hes been a (-) player, but so has everyone on the Leafs with their questionable defence and inconsistent goaltending. A potential 3rd line of Higgins - Bozak - Hansen would be one of the better all around 3rd lines in the league, providing hard working feisty shifts, while all 3 could potentially put up 15+ goals and 45+ points... Do some research and you wont find many like it in the league.

Kadri is more of a question mark as to whether he'll be able to convert to a consistent NHLer, but his potential offensive upside is greater than any other prospect currently in our system IMO. This kid has good speed and some serious hands... And is also clutch in shootouts, whichll be extremely valuable in aquiring points over a shortened season. He's labled a playmaker that also plays with an arogant edge and is known to chirp it up... How could that not be interesting to see how he looks on Keslers wing? IMO Kadri has the potential somewhere between a Kris Versteeg and Patrick Kane, but at this point Id say its a 60/40 gamble in favor of wheather he comes close to achieveing that potential.

Luongo is an expired asset as far as the Canucks are concerned, but he'll likely be the best player in the deal for at least another few seasons, which IMO is what the Leafs need at the moment. Lui will add some more credability to the Leafs, and help the team attract more FAs. Players want to win, and thus the Leafs must make the playoffs again before the bigger names will give them an edge over signing with another club.

Mostly true; and as a centre, I never thought of Kadri on Kesler's wing. Very interesting...

I don't agree regarding Bozak. He put up most of his points playing with T.O.'s top wingers.He wont score at that clip playing wuth Hansen, Raymond or Higgins. And where would the third line's identity as a match up stopper line (Sammy Pahlsson, Malhotra) be? Not that he's a bad defensive player but its a big match up shortfall in comparison to 220 lb Malhotra with high flying and hitting 217 lb Torres to play against the likes of Joe Thornton. Bozak, Higgins and Hansen is too small for the role we actually need of our 3rd line..

There is urgency, but Gillis is patient and will wait for the "right" deal. However the "right" deal could change depending on the level of urgency.. aka the Nucks stumbling out of the block.

I to think that Kadri and Bozak would be a very good return for Lui, though I would hope to get one of Reimer or Scrivens back to compete for the back up role. I dont think Lack has yet earned the role, and is having quite the sub par season in Chi town.

Bozak is somewhat miscast in his role in TO, however the kid has shown the ability to be able to play with high level skilled wingers. The guy really reminds me of the good Chris Higgins... Hard working shifts with decent speed, hands, and hockey IQ... Plus he's MONEY on faceoffs with a career avg of 54%. Last season he registered 18 goals, 47 points in 72 games played. Hes been a (-) player, but so has everyone on the Leafs with their questionable defence and inconsistent goaltending. A potential 3rd line of Higgins - Bozak - Hansen would be one of the better all around 3rd lines in the league, providing hard working feisty shifts, while all 3 could potentially put up 15+ goals and 45+ points... Do some research and you wont find many like it in the league.

Kadri is more of a question mark as to whether he'll be able to convert to a consistent NHLer, but his potential offensive upside is greater than any other prospect currently in our system IMO. This kid has good speed and some serious hands... And is also clutch in shootouts, whichll be extremely valuable in aquiring points over a shortened season. He's labled a playmaker that also plays with an arogant edge and is known to chirp it up... How could that not be interesting to see how he looks on Keslers wing? IMO Kadri has the potential somewhere between a Kris Versteeg and Patrick Kane, but at this point Id say its a 60/40 gamble in favor of wheather he comes close to achieveing that potential.

Luongo is an expired asset as far as the Canucks are concerned, but he'll likely be the best player in the deal for at least another few seasons, which IMO is what the Leafs need at the moment. Lui will add some more credability to the Leafs, and help the team attract more FAs. Players want to win, and thus the Leafs must make the playoffs again before the bigger names will give them an edge over signing with another club.

Well, Calgary's need is not on the wing anyway. Booth would do well in Calgary, but he is not their need.

However, I would be very surprised if Calgary turned down Booth for Glencross. Booth is much more offensively gifted, and would fit in well I think. Glencross is quite inconsistent, and although he makes a big impact when he is playing well, he tends to make some pretty big gaffs when he isn't. I guess the same can be said of Booth too though.

Like I said, if Calgary moves someone it is to acquire a top line center, not a top 6 winger.

Archived