The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

RIP Amanda Todd

Kass9

It's sad that she died and the kids that did it deserve rot in hell.

But i'm not going to cry about it or lose sleep over it, I did not know her, she did not know me, and anyone who wasn't a friend or relative even knew who she was before this happened.

It's almost comical how Sharp is pretending to champion the meek, while tomorrow he'll spend 10 hours trying to berate, humiliate and bully people for having different beliefs from him.

I, for one, empathize in ways that go beyond (or fall short of) trying to talk about myself. Unfortunately, I didn't feel a whole lot this time around. Thank god, because sorrow doesn't really achieve a whole lot (for me, anyway!). The (not so) Amazing Atheist's video, on the other hand, did make me feel a strong desire to chat to those shy, uncomfortable looking students in class tomorrow.

Anyway, I know you're not exactly known for your sense of humour, but that "music joke" that you tack on to each post is less than funny at this point. I can maybe hear some familiar cackling from beyond your shoulder, but for those of us who don't ride around on broomsticks, maybe you should try to mix things up a bit.

I only the the ignorant and half-witted.....so i'll see you tomorrow champ.

Why do you believe that your way of empathizing is superior than another's, when they do so by sharing their own story? Are you suggesting that you've cornered the market on empathy??

Sorrow may not achieve something for you, but what makes you think that if it does achieve something for someone else, it's less important or genuine than what you do to express or internalize your own sorrow??

I'd take a bat out of hell on a broomstick than your passive-aggressive cynicism any day. And i can't wait for your next emo-song of the year in the music thread. They provide me with so much insight.

Funny how you're so against cyber-bullying when like them you use the internet to talk down to people from the safety of your computer screen. Also like them you probably would be too scared to say half the things you say on the internet to someone's face.

Good for you, i'd rather eat glass than be you

Great, not everyone is overly-empathetic you complete tool.

As I said it's sad this happened to the girl, but I'm not going to get depressed over it

Someone commits suicide every 40 seconds, so someone just died while I was writing this post. Should we be empathetic now?

I talk down to those who puff their ignorance out there as something to be proud of. You want to make inane comments on a message board, expect them to be challenged and denigrated if they're obtuse and wholey filled with asinine logic.

And i'd have absolutely no problem saying anything i've said to you so far to your face.

Great, not everyone is overly-empathetic you complete tool.

As I said it's sad this happened to the girl, but I'm not going to get depressed over it

Someone commits suicide every 40 seconds, so someone just died while I was writing this post. Should we be empathetic now?

Archived