The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Automotive Enthusiast Thread

Mr. White

header3b.jpg

2009 Audi A4.

I have 6,500 saved up for my car already so in 2 years I'm going to buy the 2007 model, used of course.

2007audia4frontview.jpg

My dream car would have to be this though,

Lamborghini Reventon, although it could get smoked by a $50k supra I love my bulls.

Lamborghini_Revent%C3%B3n_Roadster.JPG

The 350z would be a fun car to,

370zfront.jpg

Another Electric for you all to bash:

2013 Tesla model S. Pure electric. The equivalent of 416 hp 443 lb-ft. 1/4 mile in 12.6 sec. 480 km range. Can be charged from a regular 120 volt wall outlet, 240 volt outlet or high amperage 240 volt speed charger.

This car is not a test bed. They have delivered over 5000 2013 models so far and expect to have 25000 by the end of the year. There is a 3 month waiting list to get one. About 70 have been delivered in Vancouver and there is now a Tesla service center on Commercial drive. it isnt a sales center, just where the cars for local buyers are prepped for delivery and for service

Prices range from $77k to $125k. Luxury, performance,cutting edge tech and zero emmisions.

2013-Tesla-Model-S_Sedan-Image-015-1680.jpg

interesting. i've been looking at electric since the gov is installing those fast charging stations and providing those electric vehicle subsidies, but damn are they still expensive. considering how much they are and how fast the tech is moving, it's better to lease one for the next few years.

the tesla - looks nice ish. in general though, i really don't get how sedan = luxury.

the tesla - looks nice ish. in general though, i really don't get how sedan = luxury.

Sedan doesnt equal luxury. High quality materials, fit and finish, leather everywhere, power everything, quad zone climate control, glass roof, all add up to luxury. You can have luxury in any body style.

Yeah, being an early adopter of tech is a lot easier when its a $600 iPad vs a $80,000 car. This is the first year of this car, Teslas plans for longer range and shorter recharge times are moving forward so many changes are yet to come. Elon Musks plans include colonies on Mars so he has no problem with pushing tech quickly. Would you really want to dish out that cash on this car to find next years model has double the range and half the recharge time? Itd have a sting to it. But if I was wealthy enough Id buy one.

I love it. I've got the Standard Transmission, if you look into it don't bother trying to find an automatic transmission. They have too many problems, and the standards are better build in general.

I've got a 1994, and it's got 365,000 KM on it now. It's still got the original engine which runs fine, original clutch and transmission.The clutch is starting to wear a bit, but that's minor. Even if I had to get a new engine, rebuilt YJ engines can be had for under a thousand.

I could leave both on, but the body lift is in bad shape and I don't want to lift it too much because that makes it that much easier to roll.

original clutch after 365k km? wow.

and yeah, my aunt flipped her rav while going down a snowy embankment. careful on that high center of gravity.

btw, how can you tell that the clutch is wearing?

Its a European thing.

i see a ton of fiats out and about now. did you ever get it?

and yeah, my aunt flipped her rav while going down a snowy embankment. careful on that high center of gravity.

Yeah, original everything. I'm working on the exhaust right now because it's a little bit warn out and a bit of the tailpipe is missing (lol). Jeeps flip easy, I try my best to not be in a situation where I am able to flip it. My mud tires are beyond useless in the snow. As for the clutch, it doesn't feel like it's engaging as quickly as it was before. I asked my Dad to try it too, and he also noticed.

Yeah, original everything. I'm working on the exhaust right now because it's a little bit warn out and a bit of the tailpipe is missing (lol). Jeeps flip easy, I try my best to not be in a situation where I am able to flip it. My mud tires are beyond useless in the snow. As for the clutch, it doesn't feel like it's engaging as quickly as it was before. I asked my Dad to try it too, and he also noticed.

hmm.. ok, so it's mainly speed on the switchover then that you noticed? i'll have to watch out for that.

meh. who needs a tailpipe? j/k. i had rust so bad on my tailpipe and muffler that my muffler fell off after a bump along king ed. dragging the squealing muffler for a block made for a sparkly and squealing show. B)

hmm.. ok, so it's mainly speed on the switchover then that you noticed? i'll have to watch out for that.

meh. who needs a tailpipe? j/k. i had rust so bad on my tailpipe and muffler that my muffler fell off after a bump along king ed. dragging the squealing muffler for a block made for a sparkly and squealing show. B)

What I mean more so than that is, I notice it takes longer while pushing in the pedal for the clutch to take it out of gear, and when letting the clutch back out it drops in sooner... I don't really know how to describe it, but you'll know the feeling. The clutch pedal feels looser.

What I mean more so than that is, I notice it takes longer while pushing in the pedal for the clutch to take it out of gear, and when letting the clutch back out it drops in sooner... I don't really know how to describe it, but you'll know the feeling. The clutch pedal feels looser.

ahhhh.. i see. ok, yeah, that's a good description, thanks bm. :)

i see a ton of fiats out and about now. did you ever get it?

No, for the length of terms/price for me would be unpractical for me. Maybe when I'm older and can afford 2 cars. Currently looking to get a new 2013 Mitsubishi Lancer($21k + 10 year warranty) or a used 2007-08 VW GOLF GTI ($14k - $18k) with less than 100,000km's.

Still hands down my favourite car in the world.

No, for the length of terms/price for me would be unpractical for me. Maybe when I'm older and can afford 2 cars. Currently looking to get a new 2013 Mitsubishi Lancer($21k + 10 year warranty) or a used 2007-08 VW GOLF GTI ($14k - $18k) with less than 100,000km's.

Still hands down my favourite car in the world.

totally. some people can't even afford 1 car, let alone 2! hence my beef of always driving people around.

a 10 year powertrain warranty.. wow. is that the norm? that surely isn't the norm.

i was looking into the fiat abarth too, briefly - liked the hp in small body.

Don't worry too much about it though, If you drive your vehicle regularly, you will notice it when it starts to happe. It's just like how you can't not notice your breaks starting to go.

lol. ok. once i get a feel for the car, i'll be more comfortable.

totally. some people can't even afford 1 car, let alone 2! hence my beef of always driving people around.

a 10 year powertrain warranty.. wow. is that the norm? that surely isn't the norm.

i was looking into the fiat abarth too, briefly - liked the hp in small body.

lol. ok. once i get a feel for the car, i'll be more comfortable.

Its the #1 leading warranty in the industry. Some people might think its because Mitsubishi's are unreliable (Even though they are very reliable) but its been around since Mitsubishi's been in Canada.

At Mitsubishi Motors, we are so confident in the quality, reliability and durability of our vehicles that we back every model1 with some of the most comprehensive warranties available.

10 - year / 160,000 km Powertrain Limited Warranty*

5 - year / 100,000 km New Vehicle Limited Warranty*

5 - year / Unlimited km Roadside Assistance*

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.ca/en/warranty/10-5-5/

• 1 month later...

I'm not a fan of ricers, but it should be solid. Tons of replacement/upgrade parts available for acuras and hondas. Make sure you get someone experienced with cars to go with you when checking out a used car as many can have problems that aren't obvious to an untrained eye

You realize rice means: Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement, it has nothing to do with a car being a Honda or Japanese.

You realize rice means: Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement, it has nothing to do with a car being a Honda or Japanese.

Any car with a campbell's soup can on the back to "sound faster" is a ricer. Whether cosmetic changes are made is usually due to money available, but still do nothing to better the car, due to the meaning of cosmetic to be purely on the surface and nothing of substance

edit: if that was sarcasm, I only got 3 hours of sleep and am trying to stay up to watch Le Mans

Any car with a campbell's soup can on the back to "sound faster" is a ricer. Whether cosmetic changes are made is usually due to money available, but still do nothing to better the car, due to the meaning of cosmetic to be purely on the surface and nothing of substance

edit: if that was sarcasm, I only got 3 hours of sleep and am trying to stay up to watch Le Mans

There are also functional exhausts Greddy, Apexi, Borla, Magnaflow to name a few that actually do add power when mated to proper header, midpipes, intake etc. Yes a $30 ebay exhaust does nothing but a proper cat back makes a moderate power gain. For example a Honda Civic SI with AEM intake, DC Sports header, Apexi exhaust should gain you anywhere from 10-20 horsepower depending on your car or tune. A Mazda RX8 with a similar setup anywhere from -10-3.5 horsepower. A Mustang with intake header exhaust you're looking at 15-25 horsepower gain. An ebay fart tip 0 horsepower and you annoy everyone who lives near you. So yes there are a lot of ricers out there in many makes and models but adding an exhaust isn't ricey if done properly. Research your car and see what REALLY works and you can tune anything properly.

There are also functional exhausts Greddy, Apexi, Borla, Magnaflow to name a few that actually do add power when mated to proper header, midpipes, intake etc. Yes a $30 ebay exhaust does nothing but a proper cat back makes a moderate power gain. For example a Honda Civic SI with AEM intake, DC Sports header, Apexi exhaust should gain you anywhere from 10-20 horsepower depending on your car or tune. A Mazda RX8 with a similar setup anywhere from -10-3.5 horsepower. A Mustang with intake header exhaust you're looking at 15-25 horsepower gain. An ebay fart tip 0 horsepower and you annoy everyone who lives near you. So yes there are a lot of ricers out there in many makes and models but adding an exhaust isn't ricey if done properly. Research your car and see what REALLY works and you can tune anything properly.

Yeah if you make an actual performance upgrade, then it has a purpose, I agree as the cold air intake on my car gave me about 10-12 extra horsepower above 3500 RPM. However, 95% of exhaust mods around where I live involve nothing more than changing the noise to an obnoxious tone

Archived