The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Most Beautiful Countries

Hunter56

Most Beautiful Countries  

178 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well my wife's pregnant with twins, so yes I've "chosen" to start a family over traveling for the immediate future.

I tell you one thing I didn't choose however... having my roof decide to start leaking a couple years before I was planning on replacing it. That at the same time as paying for all the stuff required for twin babies is hurting the old travel budget BIG TIME.

As someone born and brought up in Scotland it would be easy for me to put forward the undoubted beauty of my homeland.........However, as demonstrated so well here I don't think any Country could or should claim exclusive title to "the most beautiful"

Diversity and scale are also a key to appreciating the beauty of a country as are how it changes with the seasons.

Another thing that often seems ignored is how much your impression of a country can be influenced by who you see it with and who you meet along the way.

[url=

scotland.jpg

ski-scotland-lands_1779015b.jpg

balda_oban_scotland.jpg

scotland_a.jpg

Yeah, really it depends on one's standards or "enginuity".

It's possible to live in Vancouver on 500 or so per month. Thats approx what welfare is but I don't know how those ppl do it.

But here's a little something to ponder. This is pbbly the cheapest way to do it and I couldn't travel this way. Still need at least $100 per day, so around $3000 per month

And this $3000 is just to survive. For travel, Eurorail costs 600 to 1000 per month

http://www.lonelypla...hreadID=2153476

How much money do I need? A few words about budgets.

Please discuss budgets in Euro as that is the currency in use in most of Western Europe.

The consensus on this board is that you need about ¤50 a day as a minimum to survive. This covers:

¤ 20 for a dorm bed or cheap shared double room

¤15 for 3 self-catering meals (supermarkets and street/fast food)

¤3-5 for local transport within a city

¤8-10 for one activity per day. This could be laundry, or a museum, or a few beers…

Not included are: getting to Europe, inter-city travel, full-on sit down meals, and alcohol.

Given that this doesn’t leave much room for fun activities, a budget of ¤70/day is more realistic. Of course, as you spend more on accommodation or meals, the sky is the limit.

Keep in mind that these are averages for Europe. Individual countries may be more or less expensive. Switzerland and Norway are significantly more expensive than Bulgaria or Portugal.

Yeah I can see how that's holding you up lol.

I'm hoping to relocate while I'm still relatively young before traveling (still want to see more of my own country before exploring others) still haven't really decided but the one I'm leaning towards the most right now is Colorado Springs, Colorado.

It depends how you define beauty... if you're talking about natural landscapes then basically every country has that and we're going to be biased and vote for what we know, like the cop-out answer of "Canada." So I'm going to exclude nature from my answer...

Which basically leaves man-made structures, ie. architecture. Based on that I think Central/Eastern Europe has some of the nicest cities I've ever seen... I'm talking about countries such as Amsterdam, France, Germany, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania...

I think Budapest, Hungary might be the most beautiful city I've ever travelled to.

Archived