The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Israel takes out top Hamas commander after missiles launched from Gaza

Special Ed

Now you're just being deliberately obtuse. Not that that is any surprise. The point was made about how you could have just bypassed a thread you had no interest in posting in to discuss the topic except to come into a thread just to bitch about how the thread discussion just goes 'round and 'round and about some of the posters in here. You alluded to the fact passively aggressively to get a shot in that I had done the same. You were wrong. Yes, your bad, thank you for admitting it.

New clip of Israeli Air Force doing their best to avoid civilians:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=931_1353386508

It seems in at least in this instance and in a previous video I posted a page back, we have evidence of Israel trying to avoid civilians. If they don't release these videos haters complain about civilian casualties, but call this propaganda. It doesn't matter what Israel does some people are just unreasonable. Interestingly enough those targets in the videos is Hamas placing weapons and firing from... Surprise! Civilian areas. It's like they actually want Israel to hit civilians or something...

Well, how many major Hollywood films have taken up the Palestinean side of the issue? Name one!

I am not denying the Holocaust. It happened.

But why does the Jews have to keeping bring out the Holocaust memorials and museums when EVERONE suffered in WWII. Are they so special? 20 to 30 Million Russian killed. Millions killed by the Japanese. The Rape of Nanking, the medical experiments done by the Japanese to the Chinese.

Or the millions killed by the Kmer Rouge in Cambodia. Where are all the memorials in North America to those horrific acts?

How about the genocide of the Armenians in WWI by the Turks? Where are all the films about it made by Hollywood?

Am I the first or the only one to say the the state of Israel was built because people sympathized with the suffering of the Jews throughout history? No, many other people besides me have said the same thing. The Jews have been using the victimization argument to support the State of Israel for decades. Even they themselves say they are surrounded by enemies. That however is a big lie because they have the most pwerful military in the Middle East. They are the bullies, not the other countries.

You call me ignorant and stupid. Read this article. He explains it better than me.

http://www.gtr5.com/...srael_lobby.htm

Read "Western Guilt" And "Anti-Arab"

What else do the Palestinians have but "civilian" areas .. they have been compressed into a small area and are over-crowded almost to ghetto levels .. and, as a point of fact ,, just because someone disagrees with you does not make them a "hater" .. if that was the case, you would be a "hater" .. both sides are wrong in this .. some folks will accept the reality of that fact .. others wear blinders that allow them to overlook the needless suffering that is taking place ..

I hope when you who glorify this conflict get to lay your heads down upon your pillow this night to sleep, and close your eyes and ears .. I hope you do not hear the echo of a child crying or replay images of a child suffering .. imagine the long term effects on these children on both sides, and thank your "God" it is not you or your child ..

Well, how many major Hollywood films have taken up the Palestinean side of the issue? Name one!

I am not denying the Holocaust. It happened.

But why does the Jews have to keeping bring out the Holocaust memorials and museums when EVERONE suffered in WWII. Are they so special? 20 to 30 Million Russian killed. Millions killed by the Japanese. The Rape of Nanking, the medical experiments done by the Japanese to the Chinese.

Or the millions killed by the Kmer Rouge in Cambodia. Where are all the memorials in North America to those horrific acts?

How about the genocide of the Armenians in WWI by the Turks? Where are all the films about it made by Hollywood?

Am I the first or the only one to say the the state of Israel was built because people sympathized with the suffering of the Jews throughout history? No, many other people besides me have said the same thing. The Jews have been using the victimization argument to support the State of Israel for decades. Even they themselves say they are surrounded by enemies. That however is a big lie because they have the most pwerful military in the Middle East. They are the bullies, not the other countries.

You call me ignorant and stupid. Why do you have to resort to such language? I never call anyone names just because I disagree with. It just reflects badly on you. Read this article. He explains it better than me.

http://www.gtr5.com/...srael_lobby.htm

Read "Western Guilt" And "Anti-Arab Racism".

Also, the link between Jews and Hollywood has been well documented. I did not not make it up as part of a "conspiracy" theory. PBS aired a documentary on it a few years ago and there was a prize winning book about it.

http://en.wikipedia....ented_Hollywood

^^^Such a gross post.

Armenian genocide:

The armenians have a massive lobby in the US. In fact one of the heros of Nagorno Karabakh war is Monte Malkonian, an american.

Steven Speilberg is apparently looking at doing a film on the genocide.

Another film called The Armenian Genocide was done.

Also The Armenians: A Story of Survival.

Syl Stallone also looked at doing an adaptation of The Forty Days of Musa Dagh which is about the genocide.

Armenian Genocide Museum of America - Washington, DC

Armenian Genocide Martyrs Monument - Montebello, CA, USA

Armenian Heritage Park - Boston, MA, USA

Armenian Martyra Memorial - Providence, RI, USA

Armenian Genocide Monument - San Fran, CA, USA

Armenian Genocide Memorial - Philly, PA, USA

Russia:

Not quite sure what you are even referring to in your reference to russia. WW2? The purges?

A large majority were killed by russians themselves. Not to mention the lack of openess to tell the stories under the iron curtain.

Cambodian atrocities:

Cambodian American Heritage Museum and Killing Fields Memorial. Chicago, IL, USA

Erna and Authur Salm Holocaust and Genocide Memorial Grove (dedicated to all acts) - Sonoma State University

As an example.

Not surprisingly you are all over the map with your attempts to compare.

What makes the holocaust significant was not only the numbers but the extent that was taken both system-wise and technology-wise to exterminate a group of people.

Not to mention the process taken to get to the final solution from Hitlers diatribes regarding old tried and true anti-semitic rants, to the enactment of laws that segregated jews of german citizenship from other citizens (marriage laws etc), to the expulsion and transfers, to the use as forced labour, to imprisonment and starvation, to ultimately the elimination through efficient death factories.

Nazis did not want to enslave the jews they wanted to exterminate them. Period.

Also the full horrors of the holocaust came at a time when pretty much the entire planets focus was on one region and one subject: the defeat of nazi germany, in europe.

I say this as someone who has been to Auchwitz, Bosnia, Cambodia, Armenia and Nagorno Karabakh, Uganda, Borneo and visited the various "monuments" to these various atrocities.

What else do the Palestinians have but "civilian" areas .. they have been compressed into a small area and are over-crowded almost to ghetto levels .. and, as a point of fact ,, just because someone disagrees with you does not make them a "hater" .. if that was the case, you would be a "hater" .. both sides are wrong in this .. some folks will accept the reality of that fact .. others wear blinders that allow them to overlook the needless suffering that is taking place ..

I hope when you who glorify this conflict get to lay your heads down upon your pillow this night to sleep, and close your eyes and ears .. I hope you do not hear the echo of a child crying or replay images of a child suffering .. imagine the long term effects on these children on both sides, and thank your "God" it is not you or your child ..

No it's you who isn't listening and choosing to be very selective with your facts. What went on at Dier Yassin was horrible, but you should also look at it in context. It happened in a state of total war (look that term up) when Israel was invaded by many arab armies. Arab armies that had sworn to kill every jew and throw them into the sea. By that point riots had already broken out all over the Arab world, which involved killing hundreds of Jews at a time.There is no evidence to show the massacre was planned. The act was exploited by both sides afterwards. Both used it to create fear and hantred towards the Jews. The Arabs used it as rallying cry. The Jews used it to cause fear. Also, if you look through 60 years of warfare just about every nation has committed a similar act. By your logic, Germans should be able to burn down allied town because the allies burnt down Dresden 60 years ago. And some lame Op-Ed piece written 50 years after the fact proves absolutely nothing. Also, your position of: "I'm not saying terrorist acts are justified, they're just not wrong because Israel deserves it, but I still condone all violence"...is really tiring.

Archived