Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

VGA 2012

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,053 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

www.spike.com/events/video-game-awards

thought i would post this for people to vote for their favorite games however going through the list there seems to be quite a few snubs especially borderlands 2 no best pc game and no game of the year same with halo 4 game of the year nowhere to be seen

also i have no idea how this happened but diablo 3 got in for best pc game

#2 Masamune

Masamune

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:05 PM

I'm not voting until I play Journey. The videos for it look amazing.

#3 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,389 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:48 PM

The walking dead game makes the game of the year finals and halo 4 doesn't?

I'm not even a halo fan but this is enough for me to see that the VGA is a joke.

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

#4 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,040 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:39 AM

Loooool.

They have Mass Effect 3 and The Walking Dead game as Game of The Year candidates? That's pathetic. One is a crapty 3rd person shooter disguised as an RPG, and the other is a linear adventure game with a crapty zombie story.
Both fail to deliver on their promise of player choices altering story, by overwriting all the scenarios with a generic wash, while throwing copious in copious amounts of nonsensical shock emotion.
Both games lack any degree of complexity, and do not contain any semblance of depth. Get them them off these kinds of game of year lists.

That said Dishonored and Journey most certainly belong here. And although I've yet to play Assassin's Creed 3 because of the delayed PC release, I can say I probably wouldn't have a problem with it being there either.

I know it's just a Spike VGA awards list, but it's a case where the poor quality of the games they chose really reaffirms how pointless the whole thing is.

Edited by g_bassi13, 16 November 2012 - 03:39 AM.

ucuxpJV.png

On the off-chance I die, gbassi, I love you.

#5 Masamune

Masamune

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:29 AM

I know it's just a Spike VGA awards list, but it's a case where the poor quality of the games they chose really reaffirms how pointless the whole thing is.

Basically Spike trying to be original and/or fixing the vote.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.