10 replies to this topic

#1 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:00 AM

I'm getting my house done up at the moment and me and the tiler got talking about hockey. It turned out his son played hockey here in Kirkcaldy so of course I said I was a frequent attender at the Fife Flyers ...........my local hockey team.

I went on to say that my real interest/love now was Vancouver Canucks in the NHL and it turned out my tiler also had a great interest in them and the Canucks. So we chatted a bit more and he told me his nephew lived in Vancouver and was responsible for a lot of the media filming for the Canucks organisation..........his name is Rory McGarry.

What are the chances that a Canucks fan living in a far away hockey backwater like Kirkcaldy in Scotland would just happen to employ a wall tiler (a damned good one too) who had such a strong connection with the Vancouver Canucks?

Small world.

Anyone out there knows Rory?...........tell him Ronnie says hi!

Edited by Bodee, 19 November 2012 - 04:53 AM.

Kevin.jpg

#2 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,854 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:21 AM

I'm getting my house done up at the moment and me and the tiler got talking about hockey. It turned out his son played hockey here in Kirkcaldy so of course I said I was a frequent attender at the Fife Flyers ...........my local hockey team.

I went on to say that my real interest/love now was Vancouver Canucks in the NHL and it turned out my tiler also had a great interest in them and the Canucks. So we chatted a bit more and he told me his nephew lived in Vancouver and was responsible for a lot of the media filming for the Canucks organisation..........his name is Rory McGarry.

What are the chances that a Canucks fan living in a far away hockey backwater like Kirkcaldy in Scotland would just happen to employ a wall tiler (a damned good one too) who had such a strong connection with the Vancouver Canucks?

Small world.

Anyone out there knows Rory?...........tell him Ronnie says hi!

I have travelled to many countries and one thing i have learned , that it is a small world , if you talk to the person beside you :)

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

tony-abbott-and-stephen-harper-custom-da

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#3 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,025 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:53 AM

Dammit Bodee! Now I have that stupid Disney song stuck in my head...
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#4 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,703 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:28 AM

tell him Ronnie says hi!

Posted Image

I don't know how else to post this without getting vannered...

#5 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:30 AM

Dammit Bodee! Now I have that stupid Disney song stuck in my head...

beat me to it...............

that's one ride you only need to do once.......................and not with a headache :lol:
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#6 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,357 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:34 AM

beat me to it...............

that's one ride you only need to do once.......................and not with a headache :lol:

One word for that song .. "insidious" .. with the garish cartoon colors added ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#7 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:01 AM

One word for that song .. "insidious" .. with the garish cartoon colors added ..

Reminds me of the following quote from Jurassic Park...

Yeah, but, John, if The Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists.

If they really wanted to scare the little kids Malcolm would have said It's a Small World instead of PotC. :lol:
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#8 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:53 AM

Posted Image

I don't know how else to post this without getting vannered...

That's ok. I can see how you got to 17,000 posts though :)
Kevin.jpg

#9 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,703 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:53 AM

That's ok. I can see how you got to 17,000 posts though :)

When I get back to a computer, I am going to send you a PM that's full of harsh language and adult situations

#10 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:04 PM

When I get back to a computer, I am going to send you a PM that's full of harsh language and adult situations

Cool!.............but don't go off topic. :rolleyes:
Kevin.jpg

#11 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,575 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:24 PM

I have travelled to many countries and one thing i have learned , that it is a small world , if you talk to the person beside you :)

My grandma as in Australia a few years ago and was talking to some Aussies when she mentioned that she was from Canada (she didn't mention a city or a province, she just said Canada).
They told her how they knew "so and so" from Canada and asked if she knew them too.
It turned out she and "so and so" lived on the same street in Victoria.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.