The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC STHS Hockey League (Season 2)

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

I was trying to fiddle around with buyouts in STHS and there is no easy way to do it since we use a hard cap

The only way I could do it is

Ex: Steven Stamkos makes $7.5M per year

I could buy him out at 0% of his contract value that way he disappears from the team and I create a player named Released at $3.75M so that the 50% caphit is still with the team

Regarding buyouts

Any player that I deem able to play NHL caliber hockey will not be able to be released there is just no way I can do this easily (I have read multiple threads on the STHS forum and most commishes say this)

GM's are able to release career AHL'ers at no cost to your caphit

Offersheeting

I will be posting any offersheet I have got in my inbox tonight to give any GM adequate time to match or decline. I will send a PM to a GM if one of there players has been offered a contract by another team

I will give GM's 3 days to match or decline an offer, if the GM has not replied to my PM within the allotted time the offer will not be matched and the team who offered the contract will be given the player and compensation will be given to the previous GM (if applicable)

Keep in mind to everyone planning on offersheeting or matching offersheets

Any player that is offersheeted (whether the offersheet is matched, or not matched) must stay on that team for 1 full season, meaning they can not be traded until Free Agency of next year. This is intended to avoid getting players only to trade them afterwards.

Archived