The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Farcry 3

Guest Gumballthechewy

Absolutely phenomenal game.

Graphics:

This game is just gorgeous. Models, textures, lighting effects, animations, everything, this game is just so polished. The animations for speech and facial movements are incredible. Everything looks very realistic.

If your PC can handle everything on max with DX11, good lord is it ever beautiful.

Gameplay:

Right off the bat you get a taste of how stealth works. You have to pay attention to line of sight, using cover, using vegetation and distraction to stealth around. Great stuff. It is possible to be stealthy and work your way around a camp without anybody realizing, if you do it right, as g_bassi said.

I like the mixture of different elements. There is of course the combat, but the crafting part of the game is interesting, as well as how the map works. The game is completely free-form. You can go wherever you want, and have to clear out pirates and capture camps and strongholds in order to control certain areas of the map to make it safe for you and your allies to travel.

Story:

I've not gotten too far into the story yet (and won't say where I am to not spoil anything), but so far from what I can tell, the story has been solid. The characters are extremely well done, and the voice acting and everything has been great so far.

Verdict:

GET THIS GAME! Support Ubisoft Montreal, as they've honestly come out with one hell of a game.

Guest Gumballthechewy

This game truly lives up to the whole "it's like Skyrim with guns" line. This game, like Jai said, is absolutely amazing! I've done 2 main story missions then I got side tracked exploring and doing side missions. I can't say enough good things about this game, just play it, rent it if you have to but just play it, you won't be disappointed.

I'm not sure if this is a spoiler or not but I'll put it in one anyway, don't open unless you have spent sufficient time swimming rivers or you just don't care.

I was trying to be stealthy and whatnot so I decided to swim across a marshy river and as soon as I hit the water I got attacked by a friggin' crocodile. It genuinely scared the crap outta me!

Guest Gumballthechewy

I'll pick this game up on the 15th when my credit card rolls over. I've already spent too much on this billing cycle. I've got a coupon code to get $20 off from Future Shop, so that's good seeing as how expensive this game is.

Guest Gumballthechewy

I haven't stopped playing this game since I got it Monday, so addicting. But grrrr, the hunter missions where you need to kill the animal with a bow get so frustrating.

Oh man, I went out and bought the bow as soon as I saved up 900 bucks (I know you get it for free after unlocking towers, but I wanted it real bad!) and I just slay with that thing, I love it sooo much! Get the non-red dot sight (can't remember exactly what it's called) if you haven't already, it really helps. The only problem animal I had trouble with was the Man Eater shark.

I'm stuck on this one mission, I'll hide it in a spoiler:

There's this mission where you have to fight this massive demon thing with a bow and arrow. I have tried it about 10 times. It's near impossible for me to hit the thing and I spend almost the entire time trying to heal myself. Grrr. Frustrating.

Guest Gumballthechewy

There's this mission where you have to fight this massive demon thing with a bow and arrow. I have tried it about 10 times. It's near impossible for me to hit the thing and I spend almost the entire time trying to heal myself. Grrr. Frustrating.

Archived