6 replies to this topic

#1 Sully2Cool

Sully2Cool

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:49 PM

Posted ImageFans are angry and each day that passes without a deal makes them angrier. You know that, most likely from firsthand experience.
As a result, we've heard about a bunch of protests. There's a fan in Philadelphia who wants the Wells Fargo Arena to be empty when the Flyers play their first game. Others have made their own personal protests on YouTube (too many to count). And somebody even suggested you send the NHL your beard.
Those are all well and good but what about the classic way of protesting with picket signs and chants outside the headquarters? Those worked with some success in the '60s, why not now?
Well, we'll get a chance to find out this weekend in New York. Some fans are trying to organize a protest outside the NHL headquarters, so if you happen to be in the Big Apple and want to protest to the people in the NHL offices who are probably relaxing at home, enjoying their weekend, you can do it.

Posted Image

http://www.cbssports...ide-nhl-offices

Edited by Sully2Cool, 30 November 2012 - 10:51 PM.

Posted Image

#2 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:57 PM

Hmmm...if there is actually a decent turn out, then kudos to them. Chances are good it will make ZERO difference, but a fan uprising could be somewhat impactful IF and only IF it the turn out is decent..

All of this talk about "boycotting" the opening game of the season, will not work. Ever. With a waiting list of thousands for season tickets, and the consecutive sellouts in the strong markets, no building will ever be under half full, and a resulting "boycott" would not work (save for PHX, CBJ, FLA, etc.)

If they can do this right, be respectful but passionate, it could give the owners & players a little nudge.

I for one, am all for seeing something that will hopefully get the season started.

/=S=/

#3 Rey

Rey

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,606 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:08 PM

Better off going to Bill Gate's home and begging him to throw out some "pennies" to end the lockout.

#4 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,347 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:19 AM

Better off going to Bill Gate's home and begging him to throw out some "pennies" to end the lockout.

I'd rather burn down Fehr's and Bettman's houses. :ph34r:

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

#5 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:04 PM

I support the protest 100%, the fans have a right to do this for they are the ones being punished for greed, and it's not right. I also like what I read about the Philadelphia man wanting the arena to be empty for the Flyers first home game, I think every city should do this as well. For every team that has their first home game of the season no one should show up, make sure the arena is empty to send a message to the NHL that we will not accept this kind of crap again. Just think of it, finally the start of the NHL season, except for every home team the arenas were empty, looks like the fans are sending a message to the NHL, don't take their hockey away again. I really think this is something that we the fans should really pursue, we need to send a message of our own.

Eh8NO.jpg

Trevor Linden Quote Nov. 29th 2012 [Asked if he would return to the game?]
"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

#6 poetica

poetica

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:09 PM

Anyone know if it actually happened? Any pics?
Go, Canucks, Go!
Every single one of them.

Thanks for the memories, Luo! :'(

#7 Mr.Habitat

Mr.Habitat

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

It will never happen but arenas being empty on opening night could have a big impact optically.

Stay home.. Watch on an illegal interbet feed. Don't pay anything

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.