The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 13 Create a Player

UMB

Lmao. No Fucale, no victory.

To be fair Seattle had a great season; and you guys couldn't score anyway

Congratulations to everyone on their first season! I will post Memorial Cup Stats tomorrow as well as Awards and the Draft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get pumped CDC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good night!

In a post Cup-win interview-turned-speech, Fir Lorents, the man who scored the 2013 Memorial Cup winning goal, had this to say:

"First and foremost, my congratulations and thanks goes out to the Halifax Mooseheads Organization, their players, and their personnel for a well-fought battle. They were, by all definitions of the word, an exemplary opponent, and they should all be very proud of what they have accomplished this year.

I would also like to extend my thanks to include all members of my close family, my friends back home in the Smithers, BC community, and everyone in the Seattle Thunderbirds Organization. I would not be where I am today without their humble guidance, continued support of my Hockey career, and enchanting personalities that I can always find comfort in.

Looking back, the me from one year ago wouldn't have dreamed of becoming the me I am today, a Memorial Cup Champion and member of an extraordinary group of people. To think that, in one year, I went from some no-name kid playing the sport of Hockey as simply a recreational hobby, to actually starting a career in it. It is a warm, buzzing feeling that has only gotten bigger from the moment I first stepped on the ice as a Thunderbird, and I don't see it going away any time soon. I will always look back at this time of my life in a fond way.

For now, I am looking forward to what is to come for me in the next few months, and am eagerly awaiting my possible drafting date.

Thank you all for your time in listening to me today."

He then shed a single, manly tear.

efOwE.gif

Memorial Cup Champions - Seattle Thunderbirds - 4-0-0 - 3 G/G - 0.25 GA/G - 14.3% PP - 100% PK

Runner-Up - Halifax Mooseheads - 3-3-0 - 2.5 G/G - 3 GA/G - 15% PP - 66.7% PK

Third Place - Saskatoon Blades - 1-3-0 - 2.75 G/G - 3 GA/G - 25% PP - 87.5% PK

Fourth Place - London Knights - 1-3-0 - 2.25 G/G - 4 GA/G - 15.8% PP - 80% PK

Tournament Scoring (Points)

1. Darcy Ashley (HAL) 6 GP 1-6-7

2. Matej Stransky (SAS) 4 GP 3-3-6

2. Nathan MacKinnon (HAL) 6 GP 2-4-6

2. Stefan Fournier (HAL) 6 GP 1-5-6

2. Jonathan Drouin (HAL) 6 GP 2-4-6

6. Shane McColgan (SAS) 4 GP 4-1-5

6. Fir Lorents (SEA) 4 GP 2-3-5

6. Brenden Walker (SEA) 4 GP 0-5-5

Tournament Scoring (Goals)

1. Chimon Midorima (HAL) 6 GP 4-0-4

1. Shane McColgan (SAS) 4 GP 4-1-5

3. Matej Stransky (SAS) 4 GP 3-3-6

3. Ibrahim Moizoos (SEA) 4 GP 3-1-4

5. Jonathan Drouin (HAL) 6 GP 2-4-6

5. Fir Lorents (SEA) 4 GP 2-3-5

5. Martin Frk (HAL) 6 GP 2-1-3

5. Nathan MacKinnon (HAL) 6 GP 2-4-6

5. Steven Seagull (SEA) 4 GP 2-2-4

5. Mits TcGee (LDN) 4 GP 2-2-4

5. Seth Griffith (LDN) 4 GP 2-1-3

The Dream Team pulled through, so happy for everyone who saw the potential in playing for the worst WHL franchise, and how easily it can be switched to becoming a contender. Amazed at only losing 2 games in the WHL and Memorial Cup playoffs

Well you guys played the 8th seed and 6th seed in the first two rounds in the WHL, and you guys had one of the best records in WHL history, soooo...

Well you guys played the 8th seed and 6th seed in the first two rounds in the WHL, and you guys had one of the best records in WHL history, soooo...

still, we didn't even lose a game in the Mem Cup, which is the best from the OHL and Q.

This was a better dream team than the Miami Heat

QMJHL%2Blogo.gif

AWARDS NIGHT

Team

President’s Cup – Halifax Mooseheads (QMJHL Playoff Champions)

Jean Rougeau Cup – Quebec Remparts (87 PTS)

Luc Robitaille Trophy – Quebec Remparts (248 GF)

Robert Lebel Trophy – Quebec Remparts (2.78 GAA)

Player

Jean Beliveau Trophy (Leading Point Scorer) – Pasha Ivashin 68-43-67-110

Jacques Plante Memorial Trophy (Best GAA) – Maxime Lagacé (2.59 GAA)

Finalists for Frank J Selke Memorial Trophy – Anthony Duclair, Jeff Tanguy, Chimon Midorima

Winner:

Frank J Selke Memorial Trophy (Most Sportsmanlike Player) – Chimon Midorima 68-56-47-103, 11 PIM

Finalists for Raymond Lagacé Trophy – Martin Lefebvre, Ryan Culkin, Niklas Kromwall

Winner:

Raymond Lagacé Trophy (Best Defensive Rookie) – Niklas Kromwall 68-2-65-67

Finalists for Michel Bergeron Trophy – Nathan MacKinnon, Adam Erne, Chimon Midorima

Winner:

Michel Bergeron Trophy (Best Offensive Rookie) - Chimon Midorima 68-56-47-103

Finalists for RDS Cup – Nathan MacKinnon, Adam Erne, Chimon Midorima

Winner:

RDS Cup (Rookie of the Year) – Chimon Midorima 68-56-47-103

Finalists for Michael Bossy Trophy – Mike Crosby, Nathan MacKinnon, Pasha Ivashin

Winner:

Michael Bossy Trophy (Best Pro Prospect) – Pasha Ivashin 68-43-67-110

Finalists for Kevin Lowe Trophy – Ryan Culkin, Steve Gillard, Samuel Roussy

Winner:

Kevin Lowe Trophy (Best Defensive Defenseman) – Samuel Roussy 68-11-16-27, +18, 118 Hits, 35GV, 31 TK

Finalists for Emile Bouchard Trophy – Martin Lefebvre, Samuel Roussy, Niklas Kromwall

Winner:

Emile Bouchard Trophy (Defenseman of the Year) – Niklas Kromwall 68-2-65-67

Finalists for Guy Carbonneau Trophy – Pasha Ivashin, Mike Crosby, Adam Erne

Winner:

Guy Carbonneau Trophy (Best Defensive Forward) – Adam Erne 68-32-60-92, +43, 91 Hits, 3 SHG, 60TK

Finalists for Telus Cup – Defensive – Martin Lefebvre, Samuel Roussy, Ryan Culkin

Winner:

Telus Cup – Defensive (Defensive Player of the Year) – Ryan Culkin 68-13-11-24, +21, 100 Hits, 64GV, 30TK

Finalists for Telus Cup – Offensive – Pasha Ivashin, Mike Crosby, Chimon Midorima

Winner:

Telus Cup – Offensive (Offensive Player of the Year) – Chimon Midorima (League high 56 goals, 103 points second in QMJHL.

The big trophies, QMJHL MVP and QMJHL Playoff MVP are coming next!

Finalists for Guy Lafleur Trophy – Nathan MacKinnon, Chimon Midorima, Pasha Ivashin

Winner:

Drumroll................

Guy Lafleur Trophy (Playoff MVP) – Chimon Midorima (Leading Scorer, brought Halifax to President’s Cup, scored OT Winner in Game 7)

Congratulations to Pasha Ivashin, Chimon Midorima and Niklas Kromwall on their awards!

Congratulations to Mikhail Scorgolev and Mike Crosby who still had great seasons nonetheless!

OHL Awards coming up next!

Archived