The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Disputing an open liquor ticket

MillerGenuineDraft

It's a simple situation, I assume you already disputed the ticket. ...go there and hope the cop doesn't show and you'll be good to go..If She does, explain your situation like on here, you didn't know about it blah blah, and truthfully having a bottle in your bag is not considered open liquor in public..she was just being a ????...tell the judge your a uni student and tell him/her what your studying and how money is tight blah blah and I guarantee the judge will lessen the fine.

So it is illegal to transport any bottle of alcohol that has been previously opened? I had some friends get tickets for the same thing walking around the street in whistler. Not drunk, not currently drinking, just had a half empty bottle in their bag or purse and were moving it from one house to another. Are we supposed to finish the bottle dry before stepping outside or leave it behind?

Good luck, I don't know how you can win. You did have an open bottle in your bag and you did give them permission to search.

But $233?? That's weird. I got an open liquor ticket once. I was also a passenger in a car and we had open liquor in the back. We all got tickets and I think it was around $50 bucks. This was over a decade ago, maybe 15 years can't really remember. but $233 doesn't seem right.

btw, tell your friend to slow the frack down. 40 km/h over?? ridiculous.

Archived