20 replies to this topic

#1 WeatherWise

WeatherWise

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,858 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:20 AM

As I was browsing YouTube yesterday, I stumbled upon a fairly questionable channel called "2012Shapys," created over a month ago on November 13, 2012. What was surprising about the channel, however, was that nothing had been uploaded until yesterday. At about 6 PM PST last night, the account holder uploaded his first video, titled 'Luis.'

Published on Dec 29, 2012
A special message from one of the best brus for the 2012Shapys!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9GtPd0gPiQ

Personally, I have no idea who 'Luis' is, since there's no way to derive that from the name "Luongo." I've never heard anyone call him Luis before. Also, at the time, there was nothing else on the channel.

It seems Roberto's been waiting nearly two months for the opportunity to upload this. Surprisingly, however, he has not tweeted about this from his @Strombone twitter account, which leads me to question how he figured anyone would find this. This video would have been hidden in the dark corners of YouTube had somebody not dug it up, which I feel adds to the humor of it. It's random and makes no sense at all, and is certainly meant to evoke a "wtf" from the audience. I think that reflects his sense of humor well.

About an hour later, Roberto uploaded this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBY1TS4tBwc

I do find funny how, when he says he has nothing prepared, he fumbles with a huge stack of papers.

Over the past several months, we've begun to see a comedic side of Luongo that we had not seen in the past. His twitter account, his Fake Season interview with TheStanchion, and now the Shapy are things we wouldn't have expected from him prior to this off-season.

What are your thoughts?

Edited by WeatherWise, 30 December 2012 - 08:33 AM.

The greatest segue into a weather segment.

#2 WeatherWise

WeatherWise

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,858 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:40 AM

*Another note*

Notice how the background in the videos above is flipped horizontally when compared to the same setting from the video below? He's in the same room with the same furniture behind him. One has to wonder why he decided to flip the image. Skip to 0:34.

You can see that the "Reebok" on his helmet isn't flipped, which tells me this is how his room is actually configured. In the Shapy videos, everything is on the opposite side, including the door.

Edited by WeatherWise, 30 December 2012 - 08:49 AM.

#3 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,275 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:31 AM

He seems to have loosened up or something over the lockout. Pretty neat to see him so chill and stuff. I'll miss him.

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#4 TIGER SINGH

TIGER SINGH

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:46 AM

I came here because of Luongo in the title
Posted Image
Thanks -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

#5 Kesler's Nose

Kesler's Nose

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:28 AM

I wish the Canucks wouldn't play so shaky in front of Lu, if they could just relax and play with confidence we wouldn't be in this goalie predicament in the first place. Lu is a good goalie, Shneids has a lot to prove if he's gonna be taking over that job..

I still remember how good Lu was when we needed it, when he first got here it was magic. Only the future will tell, but people need to remember that it's because of them that he has to be moved.

EDIT: If I didn't put my love for the Canucks as a team first, I would be ecstatic if we flopped (After Lu left) just to show these fans how stupid they are. :picard: But alas, I just won't be able to do it... I just hope we can keep the ship together after Edler decides to up and go with this crappy new CBA and these crappy fans.

Edited by Kesler's Nose, 30 December 2012 - 11:32 AM.

"It's an opportunity, we don't look at it as a last chance... We look at it as an opportunity to do something great. We are going to take it period by period, shift by shift. You just have to be better than the guy across from you... Every guy in this locker room I can say believes we can do this." - Ryan Kesler

Posted Image

#6 TIGER SINGH

TIGER SINGH

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:41 AM

I wish the Canucks wouldn't play so shaky in front of Lu, if they could just relax and play with confidence we wouldn't be in this goalie predicament in the first place. Lu is a good goalie, Shneids has a lot to prove if he's gonna be taking over that job..

I still remember how good Lu was when we needed it, when he first got here it was magic. Only the future will tell, but people need to remember that it's because of them that he has to be moved.

EDIT: If I didn't put my love for the Canucks as a team first, I would be ecstatic if we flopped (After Lu left) just to show these fans how stupid they are. :picard: But alas, I just won't be able to do it... I just hope we can keep the ship together after Edler decides to up and go with this crappy new CBA and these crappy fans.

Lu isn't going anywhere
Posted Image
Thanks -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

#7 surtur

surtur

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:45 AM

lol after he gets the news about the start "suck on that Eddie"
the fake season video

but yeah what is this new video about.

Edited by surtur, 30 December 2012 - 11:48 AM.

Release The KraKassian
Posted Image

#8 lowest common denominator

lowest common denominator

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:00 PM

Maybe Shapy is an acronym and the award is some kind of inside joke?

S.H.A.P.Y.

I can't think of anything though.

#9 shawn antoski

shawn antoski

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:02 PM

Lu is the best goalie the canucks have ever had
Corey is good but unproven

#10 thehamburglar

thehamburglar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:47 PM

What are these shapys? I don't get it. But, god he's gold, I don't want him traded even with Cory here, unproven for starter minutes, We'll see though.
Posted Image

#11 Kesler's Nose

Kesler's Nose

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

Lu isn't going anywhere

I wish... I don't think he'll be here, we've pushed him out. I highly doubt he'll be here past this season, if the CBA is signed there might already be a deal in place. Either way, it doesn't change this burning hate I have for most of the "fan" base. Good luck to Lu wherever he goes, I hope he finally wins and proves to himself that he can do it. (I say that because opinions don't matter, they serve to hold you back or push you forward- in the end it's up to you to take action) I'm quite positive with all that Lu has been through in his time here that he can do that, he definitely has a life long fan in me! ^_^

Edited by Kesler's Nose, 30 December 2012 - 03:34 PM.

"It's an opportunity, we don't look at it as a last chance... We look at it as an opportunity to do something great. We are going to take it period by period, shift by shift. You just have to be better than the guy across from you... Every guy in this locker room I can say believes we can do this." - Ryan Kesler

Posted Image

#12 Silfverberg Snipes

Silfverberg Snipes

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

lol. Is he mocking the fact that there's no NHL season by pretending he's receiving an award or...? Not sure what the point of this is.

Sig too big. 

#13 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,582 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:51 PM

WTF?

#14 WeatherWise

WeatherWise

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,858 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:02 PM

Jeremy Roenick tweeted his congratulations, and Roberto tweeted back:

Strombone@strombone1
Thanks bud!It was totally unexpected if u saw the acceptance speech“@Jeremy_Roenick: @strombone1 way to go on ur award bud.U deserve it all”
12:52 PM - 30 Dec 12 · Details

Edited by WeatherWise, 30 December 2012 - 08:02 PM.

#15 Great Save Luongo!!!

Great Save Luongo!!!

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,898 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

lol. Is he mocking the fact that there's no NHL season by pretending he's receiving an award or...? Not sure what the point of this is.

There's a group on Twitter that did a "Shapys award" show. I have no idea who they are, why they did it, or what a shapy is, but Stanchion as well as BrownToBure both tweeted about it.
Posted Image

#16 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 69,025 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:13 PM

No idea what this is about, really....

Congrats to him anyways.

:unsure:

307mg00.jpg

#17 lowest common denominator

lowest common denominator

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:19 PM

*Another note*

Notice how the background in the videos above is flipped horizontally when compared to the same setting from the video below? He's in the same room with the same furniture behind him. One has to wonder why he decided to flip the image. Skip to 0:34.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4pltupGK-gw

You can see that the "Reebok" on his helmet isn't flipped, which tells me this is how his room is actually configured. In the Shapy videos, everything is on the opposite side, including the door.

How old is this clip of the fake hockey interview?

#18 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,582 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:08 PM

I guess with no hockey the boys are subliminally saying they can go play anywhere and make up any awards system and a new league is born.
I would love for that to happen only to say goodbye to the weasel and his supporters,the owners.

#19 kmotamed

kmotamed

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:44 AM

hahah funny

#20 ruffdeezy

ruffdeezy

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:36 AM

*Another note*

One video is picture in picture and the other is direct

take a photo of yourself with an iPhone looking at the screen, it flips the image once taken

#21 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:45 AM

I wish... I don't think he'll be here, we've pushed him out. I highly doubt he'll be here past this season, if the CBA is signed there might already be a deal in place. Either way, it doesn't change this burning hate I have for most of the "fan" base. Good luck to Lu wherever he goes, I hope he finally wins and proves to himself that he can do it. (I say that because opinions don't matter, they serve to hold you back or push you forward- in the end it's up to you to take action) I'm quite positive with all that Lu has been through in his time here that he can do that, he definitely has a life long fan in me! ^_^

So annoying.
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.