The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Roberto Luongo and the 2012 Shapy Awards

As I was browsing YouTube yesterday, I stumbled upon a fairly questionable channel called "2012Shapys," created over a month ago on November 13, 2012. What was surprising about the channel, however, was that nothing had been uploaded until yesterday. At about 6 PM PST last night, the account holder uploaded his first video, titled 'Luis.'

Published on Dec 29, 2012

A special message from one of the best brus for the 2012Shapys!!

I wish the Canucks wouldn't play so shaky in front of Lu, if they could just relax and play with confidence we wouldn't be in this goalie predicament in the first place. Lu is a good goalie, Shneids has a lot to prove if he's gonna be taking over that job..

I still remember how good Lu was when we needed it, when he first got here it was magic. Only the future will tell, but people need to remember that it's because of them that he has to be moved.

EDIT: If I didn't put my love for the Canucks as a team first, I would be ecstatic if we flopped (After Lu left) just to show these fans how stupid they are. :picard: But alas, I just won't be able to do it... I just hope we can keep the ship together after Edler decides to up and go with this crappy new CBA and these crappy fans.

I wish the Canucks wouldn't play so shaky in front of Lu, if they could just relax and play with confidence we wouldn't be in this goalie predicament in the first place. Lu is a good goalie, Shneids has a lot to prove if he's gonna be taking over that job..

I still remember how good Lu was when we needed it, when he first got here it was magic. Only the future will tell, but people need to remember that it's because of them that he has to be moved.

EDIT: If I didn't put my love for the Canucks as a team first, I would be ecstatic if we flopped (After Lu left) just to show these fans how stupid they are. :picard: But alas, I just won't be able to do it... I just hope we can keep the ship together after Edler decides to up and go with this crappy new CBA and these crappy fans.

*Another note*

Notice how the background in the videos above is flipped horizontally when compared to the same setting from the video below? He's in the same room with the same furniture behind him. One has to wonder why he decided to flip the image. Skip to 0:34.

You can see that the "Reebok" on his helmet isn't flipped, which tells me this is how his room is actually configured. In the Shapy videos, everything is on the opposite side, including the door.

*Another note*

Notice how the background in the videos above is flipped horizontally when compared to the same setting from the video below? He's in the same room with the same furniture behind him. One has to wonder why he decided to flip the image. Skip to 0:34.

You can see that the "Reebok" on his helmet isn't flipped, which tells me this is how his room is actually configured. In the Shapy videos, everything is on the opposite side, including the door.

I wish... I don't think he'll be here, we've pushed him out. I highly doubt he'll be here past this season, if the CBA is signed there might already be a deal in place. Either way, it doesn't change this burning hate I have for most of the "fan" base. Good luck to Lu wherever he goes, I hope he finally wins and proves to himself that he can do it. (I say that because opinions don't matter, they serve to hold you back or push you forward- in the end it's up to you to take action) I'm quite positive with all that Lu has been through in his time here that he can do that, he definitely has a life long fan in me! ^_^

Archived