The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Calgary Flames Thread - 12/13 Edition

The Flames play horrible defense infront of Kipper as well...... Its not as noticable because Kipper bails them out with some amazing saves.

This year, yes they are playing horrible defence. But even when Calgary was a decent team known for their defensive play, as soon as the backup went in, the team defence disappeared.

I thought Dallas just played poor defense. Bachman isn't that bad of a goalie and Flames just gave it to them with all the cross crease passes. Good to see Iggy and Cammy on a line even if it means Iggy will be the passer. Also really like the Tanguay-Cerveka-Hudler line.

As for Jankowski being drafted that early and right out of high school, it was a risk but he was still ranked pretty high coming into the draft. I've seen a few games of his and the talent is def there. He's just going to take longer to develop.

I'm starting to really feel bad for Flames fans. It has been obvious for years, and painfully obvious this year, that they need a full on rebuild. And they are, unfortunately, just good enough to maybe make the playoffs, but bad enough to get destroyed in the playoffs. They really need to start the rebuild now, on their own accord, rather then wait until Kipper retires and Iginla has absolutely nothing left in the tank.

There drafting record has been atrocious, and it appears the only way that they can do a proper rebuild is if they somehow draft in the top 5, landing no brainer picks. Take a look at all the Flames best players

- Kipper

- Iginla

- Cammy

- Tanguay

- Bouwmeester (and he's terrible)

- Giordano

- Hudler

Only one of those players was actually drafted by them, and he's only good, not great.

He's been "awesome," has he? Awesome? Has the word "awesome" replaced "underwhelming" or "disappointing" in the dictionary now?So, you think Bouwmeester's 90 points and +/- -22 is "awesome" for 257 games played for the Flames? You think the $20,936,930 he's received for playing with the Flames so far has been warranted? That he's exceeded the expectations? Because that's what "awesome" is.Because if you really think about it and admit it to yourself, Jay Bouwmeester has been so far from "awesome" while on the Flames. Like a lot of people, I don't delight in the Flames crapping the bed, and I don't wish the fans horrible hockey. But seriously, please don't sit there and try and convince anyone, especially yourself because that's sad, that Bouwmeester has been anything other then a complete letdown since day one.

like I said last 3 years he was handcuffed by Brent Sutter. He plays 26 minutes a night against the other teams' top players. Without him we would've  been even worse

Now he's given the green light he's playing like a top Dman

So he's had 246 below average games for the Flames, and 11 what you call "awesome" games this year?And you know what? Your Brent Sutter excuse is just that, an excuse. "Awesome" defensemen overcome and adapt to new systems. Look, I like Jay Bouwmeester, I do. I think he's a good defenseman. But he is far from great. His stats throughout his career have shown that, and his play has consistantly shown that.It's ok to admit when your wrong. I'm not saying that to be a douche or to sound superior. Hell, I'm wrong a lot. But trust me, I'm not wrong on this.

All that write up with little to no substance for your argument, good job :lol:

One thing that Flames fans can't criticize is JBo's defence and his ability to eat big minutes, but I'm sure a stat guru like you wouldn't understand anything beyond points.

He's been awesome THIS YEAR because he's jumping into the play and creating chances.

typical ignorant hater :bored:

All that write up with little to no substance for your argument, good job :lol:

One thing that Flames fans can't criticize is JBo's defence and his ability to eat big minutes, but I'm sure a stat guru like you wouldn't understand anything beyond points.

He's been awesome THIS YEAR because he's jumping into the play and creating chances.

typical ignorant hater :bored:

Archived