The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why does everyone seem to think we need more depth at C?

ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

Andrew Ebbett was on pace for 54 points as a 2C with the Ducks in 08-09, a year in which they made it to the second round. 32 points in 48 games is nothing to sneeze at.

He's no Kesler, but he's a natural center and has demonstrated that he can play 2C at the NHL level. There certainly are better options, but as long as they have Ebbett under contract they have someone available who they know can fill the role. This gives them the freedom to explore other options, and that's a good thing.

Andrew Ebbett was on pace for 54 points as a 2C with the Ducks in 08-09, a year in which they made it to the second round. 32 points in 48 games is nothing to sneeze at.

He's no Kesler, but he's a natural center and has demonstrated that he can play 2C at the NHL level. There certainly are better options, but as long as they have Ebbett under contract they have someone available who they know can fill the role. This gives them the freedom to explore other options, and that's a good thing.

I'm willing to try out Schroeder and assess him and the other options before jumping the gun.

I hope Schroeder can surprise and be ready.

It just irks me to see that some people have a grand delusion that we have no problem right now with our depth at center by comparing to teams like Boston who are one of the deepest in the NHL. We have a solid group of 4 centers, yes. But we do not have any depth at the top 6.

Archived