48 replies to this topic

#1 NWChamps

NWChamps

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

I love the Canucks, the phenomenal team with a great deal of talented players, but here's a but...

Bieksa; have to start with Bieksa, an average player with the glimpse of greatness. Whenever I watch this guy play, I get reminded of Ed Jovanovski, a solid player who has never risen to the expectation. I remember him more for all his ugly turnovers and giveaways than anything else. Bieksa is nearly the same. Not a solid second liner who is more prone to committing turnovers and giveaways than anything else... That fight at the end of the game was cute. $4.5 m per year plus the bonuses, hmm I think not!

Garrison; a solid player in Florida, but just because a player performs well on a different system, that does not mean that he will fit smoothly in the Canuck system. From watching Garrison, I see a D-man who likes to troll around the net instead of him being a solid point man with a killer shot-waiting for the one-timers. Salo was a gem in this role, but he was on the outs and we needed a solid replacement,. So far we got stuck with this dud of a player who also has a NT clause in his contract + the bonuses. Sure, it is too early in the season and Garrison needs time to develop chemistry with the rest of the team, also he did put great numbers in Florida... but, this is the Canuck system; Garrison, what have you done for me lately...!

Alex Burrows; gotta love this guy, he is intense, he is a pest and a great teammate, but at $4.5 cap hit, hmm I think not. Yes he did put the great numbers over last few seasons and he was underpaid, everyone can agree with that, but paying this guy $6 mil this season is absolutely insane. His salary might reflect his former numbers; 52 points (28G, 24A), but is he worth that, well, lets compare him to the former Canuck, Anson Carter.

Anson Carter was a former Canuck who in his 15 year NHL carer had broken a 30 goal mark only once! That was during the 2005/6 season when he was paired up on the line with the Sedins and he totalled 55 points. Carter's renewal was too steep for the Canucks and this guy was able to land $2.5 mil contract with the Columbus. Does this mean that any average player who gets paired up on the Sedin line will have a performance epiphany, well I am not sure, but whenever some newbie or average player get placed on the Twins line I get reminded of that 50 cent's song Baby by me and its famous lyric "Have a baby by me, be a millionaire..." To sum it up, Burrows is off the Sedins line and he is invisible. That is one $4.5 mill cap hit that is going to cost the Canucks.

As for Volpatti and his "fight" with Murray at the end of the Sharks game, well, that was pretty cute. It looked more like Patti was playing a role of the tormented wife and Murray was the hillbilly who was putting his woman into her place. My apologies to any domestic abuse victims out there, both past and the future. For the record, I do not support or promote any form of domestic violance. I firmly believe that a man should never hit a women, and that is where Murray crossed the line when he decided to put his hands on 'Patti.

Love Luongo, but he is overpriced, chokes in the key moments, and is a dud on the shutout. Old horse cannot learn new tricks, nor can Luongo learn how to stop a penalty shot. In a league where the shootout is becoming the norm, this guy doesn't have the "Chi". Yes we give him credit for earning us the gold medal at 2010 olympics but he almost blew that one too. Was anyone really surprised when we lost our 2:1 lead in a 3rd period with only 25 seconds to go. I wasn't. Again, I'm a Luongo fan, but... there is always the but(t).

On the positive, Kassian is a gem, a franchise player in the making. This guy will fight anyone and he is only 21. I believe that we are witnessing the arrival of second Bertuzzi except this one has more heart.

Jordan Schroeder is a little rockett. I'm looking forward to seeing this guy develop. Great things will come.

Edler, I'm not loving this $5 mil cap hit, but he does have a potential and he also doesn't have a no trade clause.

To sum it up, Bieksa, Garrison and Burrows, go earn your $$$. This community loves you but... ... what have you done for me lately!!!

#2 NP-4815162342

NP-4815162342

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

POPULAR

Well good thing your not the Gm

#3 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,362 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

It's nice to see some positivity around here...

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#4 CCF4E

CCF4E

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,505 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

Cool story.
Posted Image

Ehrhoff isn't from europe....

#5 frazzY

frazzY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

Burrows makes 4.5?? I didnt get the memo.

After we beat the ducks it was oh ya swagger, were bbaaack. And now this garbage again

BI POLAR

Edit** my bad forgot burrowe re-upped for next year, oh well hes earned every penny

Edited by frazzY, 27 January 2013 - 10:09 PM.

#6 hsedin33

hsedin33

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,664 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

I just hope Kassian doesn't overdo it, if he goes out and gets into big fights every night he will be burnt out and beat up way before the playoffs even start.

#7 snolan

snolan

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

Garrison had Campbell as well, which is a huge step up from Edler IMO. I think they would do well to split those two up on the PP as they both should be shooting.

it is a new system & learning is involved, so the shortened season really effects him but there are visible 'growing pains' at the moment. I don't really think anyone would expect him to drop right in without a training camp and just tear it up though.

I don't think Burrows is invisible at all, he looked like one of our better players tonight.

CMON GUYS HAVE SOME FAITH! WE ARE GOING TO WIN. ANYONE CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT IF THEY WANT. YOULL SEE

-- 1st Period of Game 2 VS the Kings, 2012 Series

#8 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

So you're just complaining about salary here? There are LOADS of players who are overpaid. It's stupid, I know, but this is a business and sometimes players are paid more than they are worth. Just gotta deal with it. Luck for you and me, we don't pay them.
Posted Image

#9 BurnabyJoe

BurnabyJoe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

PANIC
http://i8.photobucke...e/canucks40.jpg <- Jim Robson's 40th Anniversary Team.

#10 frazzY

frazzY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

And how can u make fun of Volpatti? Do u know how big doug murray is? Remember Rypien the giant slayer, at least volpatti drops the gloves and plays with an edge,

Man this forum gets stupider and stupider every day

#11 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

Sorry to say it but you're wrong.

#12 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,362 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

Burrows makes 4.5?? I didnt get the memo.

He signed an extension. He makes $2M this year, but will make $4.5M next year.

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#13 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

Hamhuis gets a pass ?

he's been suspect.

Garrison was stinker tonight but have liked what ive seen at times at least.

Edler picking up where he left off last years playoffs when he was horrible.
uninterested and not throwing any hits, almost like he spent his afternoon on a hookah.

Ebbett ? ghost . imagine in the playoffs how invisible this poor guy would be ?

LaPierre? injured, ineffective and should be resting and thinking about what a stupid selfish man he is sometimes.

my lineup next game would look like this.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Raymond-Schroeder-Volpatti
Higgins-Burrows-Hansen
Vandermeer-Malhotra-Weise

Ballard-Tanev
Garrison-Bieksa
Hamhuis-Edler

seriously tho, its 5 games into a season that just started and some of you buffoons are getting hysterical.

Edited by D.J Ball, 27 January 2013 - 10:08 PM.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#14 John.Tallhouse

John.Tallhouse

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

Kassian is 22 G...
Posted Image

#15 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

Please, quit spamming. You made the same post in the GM section.
Posted Image

#16 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,336 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

Bieksa should not be earning 4.6 million.

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

#17 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

I love the Canucks, the phenomenal team with a great deal of talented players, but here's a but...

Bieksa; have to start with Bieksa, an average player with the glimpse of greatness. Whenever I watch this guy play, I get reminded of Ed Jovanovski, a solid player who has never risen to the expectation. I remember him more for all his ugly turnovers and giveaways than anything else. Bieksa is nearly the same. Not a solid second liner who is more prone to committing turnovers and giveaways than anything else... That fight at the end of the game was cute. $4.5 m per year plus the bonuses, hmm I think not!

Garrison; a solid player in Florida, but just because a player performs well on a different system, that does not mean that he will fit smoothly in the Canuck system. From watching Garrison, I see a D-man who likes to troll around the net instead of him being a solid point man with a killer shot-waiting for the one-timers. Salo was a gem in this role, but he was on the outs and we needed a solid replacement,. So far we got stuck with this dud of a player who also has a NT clause in his contract + the bonuses. Sure, it is too early in the season and Garrison needs time to develop chemistry with the rest of the team, also he did put great numbers in Florida... but, this is the Canuck system; Garrison, what have you done for me lately...!

Alex Burrows; gotta love this guy, he is intense, he is a pest and a great teammate, but at $4.5 cap hit, hmm I think not. Yes he did put the great numbers over last few seasons and he was underpaid, everyone can agree with that, but paying this guy $6 mil this season is absolutely insane. His salary might reflect his former numbers; 52 points (28G, 24A), but is he worth that, well, lets compare him to the former Canuck, Anson Carter.

Anson Carter was a former Canuck who in his 15 year NHL carer had broken a 30 goal mark only once! That was during the 2005/6 season when he was paired up on the line with the Sedins and he totalled 55 points. Carter's renewal was too steep for the Canucks and this guy was able to land $2.5 mil contract with the Columbus. Does this mean that any average player who gets paired up on the Sedin line will have a performance epiphany, well I am not sure, but whenever some newbie or average player get placed on the Twins line I get reminded of that 50 cent's song Baby by me and its famous lyric "Have a baby by me, be a millionaire..." To sum it up, Burrows is off the Sedins line and he is invisible. That is one $4.5 mill cap hit that is going to cost the Canucks.

As for Volpatti and his "fight" with Murray at the end of the Sharks game, well, that was pretty cute. It looked more like Patti was playing a role of the tormented wife and Murray was the hillbilly who was putting his woman into her place. My apologies to any domestic abuse victims out there, both past and the future. For the record, I do not support or promote any form of domestic violance. I firmly believe that a man should never hit a women, and that is where Murray crossed the line when he decided to put his hands on 'Patti.

Love Luongo, but he is overpriced, chokes in the key moments, and is a dud on the shutout. Old horse cannot learn new tricks, nor can Luongo learn how to stop a penalty shot. In a league where the shootout is becoming the norm, this guy doesn't have the "Chi". Yes we give him credit for earning us the gold medal at 2010 olympics but he almost blew that one too. Was anyone really surprised when we lost our 2:1 lead in a 3rd period with only 25 seconds to go. I wasn't. Again, I'm a Luongo fan, but... there is always the but(t).

On the positive, Kassian is a gem, a franchise player in the making. This guy will fight anyone and he is only 21. I believe that we are witnessing the arrival of second Bertuzzi except this one has more heart.

Jordan Schroeder is a little rockett. I'm looking forward to seeing this guy develop. Great things will come.

Edler, I'm not loving this $5 mil cap hit, but he does have a potential and he also doesn't have a no trade clause.

To sum it up, Bieksa, Garrison and Burrows, go earn your $$$. This community loves you but... ... what have you done for me lately!!!

This is from your other thread so I just copied and pasted...

Good god Garrison just joined us.. He needs time to get his groove and get used to the environment of playing with the Canucks. I'd say we can judge him once we're around the 15-20 game mark..

Edler's still on his 3.25 million cap hit right now. Next year is when his contract kicks in. It's an EXTENSION. Not a re-signing. Edler, right now, is our franchise defenseman and he is going to be our best defenseman for years so deal with it. He whiffed on his pass tonight for a gimme for Pavelski and it's his fault. But he had a good game, aside from that turnover.

How did Luongo almost blow the gold medal game? He played lights out during that game. Guess you forgot about him stopping Demitra with the tip of his glove to send us to the gold medal game. Without that save, we would've been playing for the bronze. On the game tying goal, Luongo did what any goalie could've done. Parise was just there at the right spot at the right time. And for a 5.3 million cap hit, Luongo is not overpriced. That's the best deal you can get for an elite goalie. Yes, that's right, elite. As for your shootout/penalty shot comment, Luongo is MUCH MUCH better at penalty shots than shootouts. I know for a fact that he has a better record in penalty shots when compared to shootouts.

And you have GOT to be joking me about Burrows' salary and cap hit. Burrows' cap is still at 2M and he's still getting paid 2M this season. Next season, he's going to be paid 6M, 5M then 4M... BUT, his cap is at 4.5M. That is a steal. He honestly would've gotten a lot more if he wanted to but at 4.5M cap, that is a good bargain for what he brings to this club. Burrows being off the Sedin line doesn't mean he's invisible. It just mean's he's effective. Burrows brings hard work, defensive awareness, speed, everything you ask for from a bottom 6 forward, except Burrows can score. Which is why he's a top 6 forward and not a bottom 6 forward on our team.

Kassian stilll needs to show some consistency to his game. Guess what? he didn't score tonight but does that mean he sucks? No. I guess you're a diehard Kassian fan, which is why you have no hate to him whatsoever in regards to your post.

To sum it up, what has Bieksa and Burrows given me? Oh I dunno, maybe these videos will show you what they've done for me and why they are the heart and soul of this franchise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmoqnNkUbAk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV_zcy3MSuE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxrmvGTZTGg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK20DDZQG8A

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#18 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

Bieksa just has this ackward skating/body positioning when he makes a rush up the ice i almost want to laugh everytime.. it just doesn't seem natural to him as it does others. I dno in my mind the best pairing is having an offensive d-man paired with a stay at home guy.. Doughty and Mitchell. Seems like the coaching staff has instilled it in all the guys minds except Tanev to be more offensive. I hate our pairings but don't exactly see how your gonna change them. Tanev is basically our only stay at home d-man and he's not going to get top 4 minutes. Hamhuis really needs to be told to play more defensive.

#19 pianoman13

pianoman13

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

I dont usually call people out on here for stupid posts, but here we go. What are these bonuses for Garrison and Bieksa that you speak of? Why do you say Burrows is getting 6 million this year when you say right before his salary is 4.5? Even if you had gotten all your facts straight this still makes no sense. Luongo almost lost us the gold medal game? What a stupid thing to bring up, like because he let in 2 goals all game and made a great save on Demitra to get it to overtime? Burrows does way more than Carter ever did. Garrison has played a total of 5 games, it takes a while for defencemen to mesh and get used to each other. He hit the crossbar on the powerplay tonight, I guarantee if that went in then we would all be like Garrison is awesome! Just don`t make another thread until you have something positive to say.

No videos in sig please. 

#20 canuktravella

canuktravella

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

as far as i see it edler cost us the game we were down 2-0 because of his defensive gaps tonight
hamhuis seems lost and ineffective ths yr tanev is good defensively bu couldnt score if his life depended on it
ballard looks great garrison and bieska look ok as a whole our whole defense looks out of sink maybe give them some blow before the game to wake them up frackkk

#21 WHFproductions

WHFproductions

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

I don't agree with this post at all.

#22 Watermelons

Watermelons

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

Doesn't Luongo have a 6/8 penalty shot record??

tumblr_lv6jbk180f1r5jtugo1_250.gif  Kirby_eats_a_watermelon.gif 

#23 kj29

kj29

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

LaPierre? injured, ineffective and should be resting and thinking about what a stupid selfish man he is sometimes.

If you can't spell Lapierre's name right, then you should shut the f*** up.....

geez........ people these days, stupid and dumb <_< :picard: <_< :picard: <_< :picard: <_< :picard: <_< :picard:

o5udj8.jpg

medium.jpg CDCFL medium.jpg CDCEHL medium.jpg CDCSFHL

*Commissioner of CDCYHL*

#24 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

Burrows has earned his money, Garrison will earn his money, and Bieksa always has slow starts.
Posted Image

#25 morrissex95

morrissex95

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

You guys need to stop it with these knee jerk reactions after ONE game.

These players can be evaluated more thoroughly at the 24-game mark. Than we can start talking about who's "playing poorly"
Posted Image

#26 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

Vancouver Canucks....do we really need them?

#27 Geoff Peterson

Geoff Peterson

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

Ya da ya da ya da...

#28 NucksBrass

NucksBrass

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:26 PM

if wee trad 4 kovalev al are prolbem are gon an jovanovsky

#29 #RyanKesler17

#RyanKesler17

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:34 PM

Reeeeeeeeelax! Wait till Keslers back!

#30 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:34 PM

If you can't spell Lapierre's name right, then you should shut the f*** up.....

geez........ people these days, stupid and dumb <_< :picard: <_< :picard: <_< :picard: <_< :picard: <_< :picard:

smh at fanboys like you. surprised a p.c spelling pig likes to play his favorite player injured ?

Yappy-air should be resting his injured groin and clearing the way for Vandermeer to get a look.

Ebbett and Yappy Air out
Vandermeer and Malhotra in.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.