• Announcements

• StealthNuck

All Threads Must Contain Tags!   07/25/2017

ALL THREADS MUST CONTAIN TAGS   All threads in this forum must contain tags prefixed to topic titles. The purpose of the tags is to eliminate confusion in recent threads lists, and to create an organized and consistent environment. Moderators may immediately lock and thread that does not contain tags.    Tags must be placed at the start of your thread title, following this exact formatting:    [Tag] Thread Title   Here are some of the most used popular tags:    [Proposal]
      A trade, or trades, for next season, or even the off-season.
      [Off-Season]
      FA signings, off-season trades for RFA's, UFA's rights etc...
      [Value Of]
      (A question regarding a players worth, whether from another team, or the Canucks)
      [Speculation] Posting a rumor (with a source of course), but providing why it could be possible for the Canucks to land that player.   [Discussion]
      Thoughts on team trading strategy and composition.   Please feel free to create your own tag if none of these suit your thread.   

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

whitegreen'nblue

what would it take to land the yak

13 posts in this topic

With the Sedins getting older and on the decline in a couple of years, we will need young blood to replace them eventually. It's rather tough to judge the the true value of a player until they develop. Who knows how a young player will develop. They could wind up being a top line player or they could wind up like Alexandre Daigle. I think Nail Yakupov will be a very good player, possibly an elite player. So the question I ask is, "What would it take to land Nail Yakupov?"

Proposal

To Edmonton, Lou, Jensen, 2nd round pick)

To Vancouver, Yakupov

Why would they trade him? You'd have to overpay big time to pry any of those top young guys out of Edmonton. Not worth it.

If we were gonna overpay... I'd think it'd be Schneider, Jensen, Schroeder, our 1st for the next 2 or 3 seasons for Yakupov and one of Eberle/RNH/Hall and some other crappy players.. Only then would it be reasonable for us to go that big for them.

More than we can afford if we want to stay competitive.

My train of thought is that the Oilers would get the goalie they need and a winger that is almost NHL ready, leaving no hole to fill on the wing as Jensen would be ready next year. The Canucks dump Lou's contract and get a exellent player in return. You need to give to get. To give Lou motivation to sign, maybe pointing out to him that gunmen running mad through the streets is rare in Canada, and that his family shoulkd feel safe here.

The only way you get him is if they were dead set on getting luongo. If they were banging on the door begging for Lu then I could see a straight up deal for him. We would not pay anything more so the deal depends on how impatient they are.

People are going to flame me and say no way Lu lands you yak. All I'm saying is if they really wanted him, they might be comfortable giving up yak. I don't see it that way though. I think they let this season play out and score another high pick, let the kids grow more and go after a top goalie in 2 years.

The only way you get him is if they were dead set on getting luongo. If they were banging on the door begging for Lu then I could see a straight up deal for him. We would not pay anything more so the deal depends on how impatient they are.

People are going to flame me and say no way Lu lands you yak. All I'm saying is if they really wanted him, they might be comfortable giving up yak. I don't see it that way though. I think they let this season play out and score another high pick, let the kids grow more and go after a top goalie in 2 years.