26 replies to this topic

#1 Kanucklehead10

Kanucklehead10

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

I know its early into the season and the canucks tend to be slow starters, but I really don't like the way we have lost 3 games in which we have had the "luxury" of 2-0 leads. The stupidest thing to do is to try and sit on leads and hope for the best, rather than trying to score more goals and keep the intensity going. I am really starting to get sick of the attitude of our "gum-chewing, no emotion coach" that lets the "players deal with situations themselves"(Then whats the point of having a coach?). There doesn't seem to be any sense of drive from the bench and sometimes contending teams need a shake-up to get back on track.The canucks have been very inconsistent throughtout these first six games and I hope that this isn't a preview of what our whole season will look like due to the inconsistence of certain individuals and the poor decisions made by the men from the bench (I mean cmon, Edler in a shootout? He is way to predictable with the same shot that he takes everytime and burrows' penalty shot was just ridiculous.)

#2 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,773 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:19 AM

I agree, Schroeder should be in the shootout.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#3 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:19 AM

Marc Crawford is available.... ::D

/=S=/

#4 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 70,712 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:21 AM

Marc Crawford is available.... ::D

Isn't he coaching the ZSC Lions?

307mg00.jpg

#5 CANUCK-EXPRESS

CANUCK-EXPRESS

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:21 AM

All of the Canucks plays are too predictable.. We need to change something

#6 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:32 AM

Isn't he coaching the ZSC Lions?

Crap I dunno hahah

/=S=/

#7 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:32 AM

All of the Canucks plays are too predictable.. We need to change something

I vote the fans... <_<

/=S=/

#8 Rounoush

Rounoush

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:02 AM

:bored:
Posted Image
Thanks a bunch to khalifawiz501 for the signature.

#9 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:10 AM

So this is basically another fire AV thread?

#10 Christophe

Christophe

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:17 AM

Entire third period just about spent trying to defend a 1 goal lead. What a joke. You do that in the last 4-5 mins. Not a third of the game.

Keep on the pressure when you have the lead.

#11 TowelPower82

TowelPower82

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:19 AM

The stupidest thing to do is to try and sit on leads and hope for the best, rather than trying to score more goals and keep the intensity going.

You should pay more attention to the game. The Canucks did not sit back on a lead. They kept up the forecheck and shots throughout.. even had had two opportunities to score on a wide open net which ended up not working due out to LA's defence. LA were hammering the Canucks in their own end for much of the second period. It turned out that the Kings scored in two situations when they had an extra man on the ice because the Canucks hung on to the game due to solid goaltending and self-sacrificing players like Bieksa who dove in front of a myriad of pucks. Nobody sat back in this game. It was hard fought and disappointing in the end but I am more disappointed in someone saying the Canucks sat back.

I am really starting to get sick of the attitude of our "gum-chewing, no emotion coach" that lets the "players deal with situations themselves"(Then whats the point of having a coach?).

This is a ridiculous comment. What are you basing this on? Have you seen or heard what Vigneault says to the team between periods and at practices. Don't forget he is one of the many coaches on the coaching staff and they all play a role in coaching the team. Whatever his style is he has coached the Canuck to more success than any other in the history of the franchise. If you want to talk about "gum chewing" than you might want to dig up some old videos of Pat Quinn in the nineties.

(I mean cmon, Edler in a shootout? He is way to predictable with the same shot that he takes everytime and burrows' penalty shot was just ridiculous.)

Okay I will agree that I Edler should not have been in the shootout. I would have rather seen Mayson Raymond, Schroeder or even Daniel Sedin. But really.. its a shoot out! The Canucks coaching staff are, in my opinion, as solid as it gets. The team and coaches deserve better fans that know and appreciate the game.

Edited by TowelPower82, 29 January 2013 - 01:34 AM.

Posted ImageGo Canucks GoPosted Image

#12 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:20 AM

Fire AV = wake-up call
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#13 TowelPower82

TowelPower82

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:33 AM

Fire the fans. They are the worst.
Posted ImageGo Canucks GoPosted Image

#14 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:54 AM

FiRE yoU'Re FacE!1one
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

#15 Kanucklehead10

Kanucklehead10

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:13 AM

You should pay more attention to the game. The Canucks did not sit back on a lead. They kept up the forecheck and shots throughout.. even had had two opportunities to score on a wide open net which ended up not working due out to LA's defence. LA were hammering the Canucks in their own end for much of the second period. It turned out that the Kings scored in two situations when they had an extra man on the ice because the Canucks hung on to the game due to solid goaltending and self-sacrificing players like Bieksa who dove in front of a myriad of pucks. Nobody sat back in this game. It was hard fought and disappointing in the end but I am more disappointed in someone saying the Canucks sat back.

This is a ridiculous comment. What are you basing this on? Have you seen or heard what Vigneault says to the team between periods and at practices. Don't forget he is one of the many coaches on the coaching staff and they all play a role in coaching the team. Whatever his style is he has coached the Canuck to more success than any other in the history of the franchise. If you want to talk about "gum chewing" than you might want to dig up some old videos of Pat Quinn in the nineties.

Okay I will agree that I Edler should not have been in the shootout. I would have rather seen Mayson Raymond, Schroeder or even Daniel Sedin. But really.. its a shoot out! The Canucks coaching staff are, in my opinion, as solid as it gets. The team and coaches deserve better fans that know and appreciate the game.

So are you saying that 3 comeback losses from a 2-0 deficit are not a problem? Take a listen at the other fans, theyre just as angry at AV as I am, I said "Gum-chewing" because it seems that he doesnt ever show a sense of alert or emotion even when the boys need a wake-up call... You really are going to bring up "the winningest coach in canucks history" thing? Face it, AV's canucks are probrably the most talented bunch that we've ever seen with a stacked defense and solid forwards. He's blessed with this abundance of players to make him thw winningest coach, but that doesn't mean that he won't make mistakes... so do we just keep AV because of his stats? What if the canucks come dead last in the conference? Would you say, "Oh no AV is the winningest coach, he is part of a coaching staff that lead us to the stanley cup final, we should keep him!". By the way, who are you to judge me? I'm entitled to my own opinion on the team and the coaching staff (even though it is true that most of these games were lost because of poor coaching decisions).

#16 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:28 AM

TowelPower, you're a total homer. 3 shots in the 3rd, and you say the Canucks didn't sit on a lead? You're completely blind. Watch the games.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

#17 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,223 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:05 AM

Our problem is not that we've been sitting on 2 goal leads. The last 2 losses when we were up by 2 our defencemen ended up making stupid plays and ill-advised pinches that lead to odd man rushes against or defencemen caught out of position and scored on. If anything, applying pressure lead to our losses in those 2 games.

Against the Kings we played quite well actually and defended spectacularly, besides we didn't have enough energy to open up the game and push the tempo. Still, we ended up conceding goals because we simply didn't defend well enough. Carter was left to shoot and that Voynov shot never should of made it through.

We're simply not defending well enough. Get the puck out of the zone, get it deep and clog the neutral zone. Right now we can't do either of them and it's hurting us because as a team we're struggling with the trap defending.
Posted Image

#18 Max-a-Million

Max-a-Million

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:50 AM

i guess if the Canucks won every game (without Kessler) then you would say the Coach is doing OK? Get real! Three games in 4 nights, part of the Team is AHL players, the other 29 Teams in the league want to win just as badly as the Canucks and you are not "happy" with a 2 win, 2 loss, 2 tie for 6 points, back 6 from the top of the league?

REALITY is my friend that hockey is a business, has 48 games this season in which to eliminate 14 teams from the playoffs and THEN the real season begins. The whole purpose of the regular season is to generate revenue, expose the sponsors and advertiser and practice for the playoffs. That's why you see players called up early in the season, that's why you see players like Volpati, Schroeder and Weise getting big ice time. That's why you see Kassien playing with the Sedins instead of Burrows. That's why you see Garrison and Edler fumbling along, trying to find their spot. That's why you see Bieksa playing like a woman and Ballard pretending he's Bobby Orr. That's why Higgins forgets to tie his skate laces and why Hennrik is stuck in first gear. Get it?

You try to coach that attitude.

I understand your frustration. It must be difficult going to 41 weddings and not seeing your "Team" at the alter more than twice and still never married. Well, get used to it!

Edited by Max-a-Million, 29 January 2013 - 08:54 AM.

I spend half my money on Wine, Women and Song.
The other half I waste!

#19 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,861 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:58 AM

That game reminded me of the Nucks of the Luongo era winning teams.

Luo kept the team in the game,kept the team calm and gave them opportunities to win.

I thought it was a great game and I was happy for Luo.

#20 willhouse

willhouse

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:24 AM

I thought Luongo played great and maybe it's just because I'm used to seeing him there but I'm more comfortable with him in goal then Schneider right now.

I absolutely cringe whenever I see Edler do the drop pass in the neutral zone on the power play which seems to happen 90% of the time now. This to me is totally a coaching issue.

#21 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,070 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:24 AM

I know its early into the season and the canucks tend to be slow starters, but I really don't like the way we have lost 3 games in which we have had the "luxury" of 2-0 leads. The stupidest thing to do is to try and sit on leads and hope for the best, rather than trying to score more goals and keep the intensity going. I am really starting to get sick of the attitude of our "gum-chewing, no emotion coach" that lets the "players deal with situations themselves"(Then whats the point of having a coach?). There doesn't seem to be any sense of drive from the bench and sometimes contending teams need a shake-up to get back on track.The canucks have been very inconsistent throughtout these first six games and I hope that this isn't a preview of what our whole season will look like due to the inconsistence of certain individuals and the poor decisions made by the men from the bench (I mean cmon, Edler in a shootout? He is way to predictable with the same shot that he takes everytime and burrows' penalty shot was just ridiculous.)

Wasn't Burrows trying to be LESS predictable? Whch do you want, predictable or less predictable? You can't have it both ways when players don't score.
Posted Image

#22 yogolol

yogolol

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:28 AM

Our problem is not that we've been sitting on 2 goal leads. The last 2 losses when we were up by 2 our defencemen ended up making stupid plays and ill-advised pinches that lead to odd man rushes against or defencemen caught out of position and scored on. If anything, applying pressure lead to our losses in those 2 games.

Against the Kings we played quite well actually and defended spectacularly, besides we didn't have enough energy to open up the game and push the tempo. Still, we ended up conceding goals because we simply didn't defend well enough. Carter was left to shoot and that Voynov shot never should of made it through.

We're simply not defending well enough. Get the puck out of the zone, get it deep and clog the neutral zone. Right now we can't do either of them and it's hurting us because as a team we're struggling with the trap defending.

We did that the whole third period, and I thought we were doing a great job defending but guess what, the Kings got one chance in the final minute and they scored.
Watch my hockey tributes! http://www.youtube.c...urjesuss/videos

#23 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,868 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:02 AM

1-Boys are still getting their "sea legs".
2-Three games in four nights.
3-New guys are still learning systems/building chemistry.

If another 5'ish games go by and we're not starting to play more like we did in Anaheim and less like a bunch of tired, lost and confused minor league players...then you should start to worry. If they can manage to stay around .500 until then I'll be grudgingly "happy". Anything better than that will make me actually happy.
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#24 The-Impersonator

The-Impersonator

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,727 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:15 AM

Entire third period just about spent trying to defend a 1 goal lead. What a joke. You do that in the last 4-5 mins. Not a third of the game.

Keep on the pressure when you have the lead.

When you have guys like Hansen, Weise, and Raymond in your top 9, options are limited.

#25 jono2009

jono2009

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:20 AM

Redundant

#26 nucks_rule1

nucks_rule1

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:00 AM

to early to panic i think so, changing something up, i think so
Posted Image
my thread!

100th post on September 9th 2008
1000th post on june 24th 2010

THANK YOU MIKE GILLIS FOR GREATEST OFF SEASON EVER!

HANK= H(ART ROSS)

#27 cc_devil

cc_devil

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

Higgins an Hansen were on 20 goals pace last year while playing mostly on the third line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.