The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo - 3rd Star of the week

captain_kirk1

Proud of Booby Luo. Anytime one of your players makes the 3 stars list they must be doing great. I would love to be a fly on the wall in the G.M.'s offices of teams that were kicking the tires for Luo and offering up bags of pucks. I think the way he has been playing combined with the play of Marty Brodeur might make Luo's contract seem very affordable.

Funny ever since the 2011 finals, I have yet to hear one solid reason or argument as to why the Sedins, Kesler, Burrows and everyone else only managed to score 8 goals in 7 games, and how this has zero to do with us not winning the cup.

You would be a fool to even try to come up with an excuse for it. The most basic concept and idea of sports since the time they were created is to score on the other team. Yet our team didn't even get 1 in game 7.

Whoever thinks Luongo is the sole guy to blow it when the real pressure comes, please read this and I dare you to try to come up with an answer/excuse.

At least when he does finally make his way out of Vancouver, he'll go out as everyone should remember him. I hope Gillis wasn't just trying to cool trade rumours off, because I think Washington is actually the perfect place for Lu to go. If they think they can just ride out the storm with Holtby and Neuvirth in net they're crazy! Haha

Ovechkin has been quoted as saying before that he thinks Luongo is the best goalie in the national hockey league- bet he amps his play up if they acquire Lu. Not to mention they have an abundance of defensemen that they can offer and enough depth at forward that they can give at least one non star player up.. I think a package of Neuvirth, Alzner and Brouwer would be a great deal!

But all I gotta say is good luck in the future Lu! (Wherever it may take you) You are one hell of a goaltender and always have been, here in Vancouver we will miss you! :towel:

Archived