The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks system is very obvious haha

yete

I agree with you on AV, disagree on Kesler.

He was injured after a long run in which he was probably our most valuable player (Aside from Lu). He shutdown Toews quite well in the 1st Round. He carried us through Nashville, and was great in the SJ series in both ends.

That's like saying Henrik is no good cause he was injured, which is the opposite, unlike Henrik however, Kesler rushed it in which he shouldn't have and it cost him. It's premature to say he is injury prone as really it was 1 flux of injury(s) that he didn't let heal completely.

He is still the straw that stirs the drink for this team, I just hope we make sure he is 100% healed when he comes back, as we have seen how valuable he can be.

And I'm not saying dump him for a bag of pucks. I am saying if the Canucks can make a trade that will make the team better I would be fine with Kesler going. His diving and chirping BS need to stop now though. It only hurts the Canucks come playoff time.

Kesler if he stayed healthy would be an asset. Unfortunately he doesn't which limits his ability to be effective in the playoffs. He has been injured every year in the playoffs, at least if you believe what the team has said after both exits against the Hawks, the finals against BOS, and last year against LA. That is pretty injury prone if true. He is streaky offensively and other than one monster offensive year on the 1st PP unit with the Sedins I would argue that he has not been a lights out offensive talent. He goes through long dry spells offensively which hurts the secondary scoring come playoff time. He also does not make his linemates better which most top end players can do. The fact that he rushes back from injuries only to be given top minutes immediately is not a good thing at all to me and is actually a knock on both him and AV if you ask me. You guys are confusing streaky effectiveness at both ends with consistent effectiveness. He has had his moments being a Selke guy. But he has had just as many if not more moments where he does not score, cannot play physically, and looks like anything but a Selke guy in the playoffs.

Archived