Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Jim Shepard Concerned Citizens Of BC makes borderline liable comment about Adrian Dix

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 J529

J529

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:05 PM

Jim Shepard was interviewed on Global BC and referred to Adrian Dix as "unethical weakling"

Here's link to the Video:

http://www.globaltvb...=5&s=dd#stories

Edited by J529, 06 February 2013 - 09:10 PM.

#2 nucklehead

nucklehead

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,446 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:27 PM

I believe he called him an ethical weakling. In any event he's in a position to speak to the truth. You can tell by the way it rings true.
biggerabacus_zps5cae10b6.jpg

I got kicked out of the slut walk for trying to bid on the participants.

-BananaMash

#3 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:28 PM

Shepard is a self-serving political hack who ran Can-for using political manipualtion to exort the Liberal Government to change laws on tenure and allowable cut .. there is a certain aura of slime lurking near him ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#4 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:33 PM

Shepard is a self-serving political hack who ran Can-for using political manipualtion to exort the Liberal Government to change laws on tenure and allowable cut .. there is a certain aura of slime lurking near him ..

Ain't that just the gosh-darned old truth. 'Slime' is a kindly term for what lurks around him.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#5 nucklehead

nucklehead

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,446 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:33 PM

Difference being he is not aspiring to manage the affairs of the people. I think one best be squeaky clean to be entrusted with the power of the people.

-BananaMash

#6 Harbinger

Harbinger

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,198 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:35 PM

Difference being he is not aspiring to manage the affairs of the people. I think one best be squeaky clean to be entrusted with the power of the people.

actually he is aspiring to manipulate public opinion.

Posted Image

#7 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

I take it you mean "libellous" in that it is defamatory.

It does not seem to me to be to even close to the borderline.

Dix admitted to committing fraud and forgery as well as attempting to obstruct justice - so it seems to me that more than supports the observation that he is unethical. Dix's position - It was a mistake. Ya think? Or is it only a mistake because you got caught?

Dix has played fast and loose with the law in a number of circumstances. I set it out in detail in the past:
http://forum.canucks...0#entry11036044

Vaughn Palmer of the Vancouver Sun notes that Adrian Dix's ethical lapses are not limited to fraudulent memos.
  • Dix slithered around the laws regarding recall campaigns - and that law was passed by the BC NDP.
  • Pulling the Six Mile Ranch out of the ALR - Dix was dispatched on behalf of Glen Clark to try to pressure the Chair of the ALR which is supposedly an independent tribunal - again established by the NDP. The Chair of the ALR called for a public inquiry - that was ignored by the NDP government.
  • The BC Hydro/ Raiwind Power Project tax dodge - Dix attended the meetings on behalf of Glen Clark when the scheme was hatched but we are supposed to believe that nothing was known of this by the Premier? BC Hydro John Laxton fell on his sword as result.
As Palmer points out if you are going to point a finger at the BC Liberals you best be coming to the party with clean hands and Dix does not have them.

http://www.canada.co...230f2521&k=8094

As such the comments seem to fit squarely within the defence of fair comment set out by the Supreme Court of Canada in a defamation suit brought by Christian values advocate Kari Simpson against radio host Rafe Mair and WIC Radio Ltd.
WIC Radio Ltd. v. Simpson, [2008] 2 S.C.R. 420, 2008 SCC 40
http://csc.lexum.org...m/5670/index.do

The judgment sets forth the standards for defamation to be found in areas of public interest and they are:

(a) the comment must be on a matter of public interest;
(b) the comment must be based on fact;
(c ) the comment, though it can include inferences of fact, must be recognizable as comment;
(d) the comment must satisfy the following objective test: could any [person] honestly express that opinion on the proved facts?
(e) even though the comment satisfies the objective test, the defence can be defeated if the plaintiff proves that the defendant was actuated by express malice.

So in summary this comment does not appear to be anywhere near the borderline and in fact may be several miles miles distant.
To err is human - but to really screw up you need a computer.

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Never try to teach a pig to sing - it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

#8 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:40 PM

Guys like Shepard are the "power behind the throne" and exert coersion to effect the elected figurehead, while lurking in the background avoiding judgement .. look up "hack" in the BC On-line Dictionary of Doosh, and Jim's picture will fill the screen

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#9 nucklehead

nucklehead

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,446 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

actually he is aspiring to manipulate public opinion.

Actually he is shining a light on the dubvious character of a man that would lead this province. If that somehow equates to manipulation I can assume you (and your ilk) feel that it is somehow underhanded to lobby gov't in favor of a given industry. If people are going to vote they need to make an informed decision regarding their choices. It's most likely that the majority of people are unaware of Dixs fraudulent past while in government. This issue needs to be shown the light of day. If the people still decide that this the way to go then at least they will have only themselves to blame.

-BananaMash

#10 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:05 PM

Actually he is shining a light on the dubvious character of a man that would lead this province. If that somehow equates to manipulation I can assume you (and your ilk) feel that it is somehow underhanded to lobby gov't in favor of a given industry. If people are going to vote they need to make an informed decision regarding their choices. It's most likely that the majority of people are unaware of Dixs fraudulent past while in government. This issue needs to be shown the light of day. If the people still decide that this the way to go then at least they will have only themselves to blame.

I endeavour to do my part.

As always
Posted Image

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it.

#11 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:12 PM

I endeavour to do my part.

As always
Posted Image

Dix and Shepard are both cut from the same cloth .. Clark is just a token figurehead of Pattison and the Boys .. and the political aparatchik that props them up is filled with shills at every level .. even on CDC

#12 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:15 PM

Dix and Shepard are both cut from the same cloth .. Clark is just a token figurehead of Pattison and the Boys .. and the political aparatchik that props them up is filled with shills at every level .. even on CDC

If anything the public sector unions supporting the NDP are even worse.

#13 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

If anything the public sector unions supporting the NDP are even worse.

Each to his own .. both sides are unworthy of the Peoples trust .. SNAFU

#14 stexx

stexx

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:47 PM

i dont even know where to vote provincially anymore, the NDP is just atrocious adrian dix are they serious? as for the liberals i dont really want to vote for them either after the whole HST/olympic/bridge toll debacles but there really isnt any good alternative.

i dont recall who jim shepard is any background info? was i under a rock?

#15 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:57 PM

i dont even know where to vote provincially anymore, the NDP is just atrocious adrian dix are they serious? as for the liberals i dont really want to vote for them either after the whole HST/olympic/bridge toll debacles but there really isnt any good alternative.

i dont recall who jim shepard is any background info? was i under a rock?

Big money CEO who most claim is a bagman for Jim Pattison and his cronies.. the ones who really run our Province from behind closed doors .. a part of the "power elite" .. google both Jim's, Pattison and Shepard, but keep a barf-bag close to hand while reading ..

Edited by Tearloch7, 06 February 2013 - 10:57 PM.

#16 stexx

stexx

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:04 PM

Big money CEO who most claim is a bagman for Jim Pattison and his cronies.. the ones who really run our Province from behind closed doors .. a part of the "power elite" .. google both Jim's, Pattison and Shepard, but keep a barf-bag close to hand while reading ..

yeah i know pattison ... enough said there, never heard shepard before, should give me some bedtime reading thanks.

#17 TLindenIsGod

TLindenIsGod

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:21 PM

yeah i know pattison ... enough said there, never heard shepard before, should give me some bedtime reading thanks.

I had to wikipedia Pattison, was surprised to see this on his wikipedia page...
"On April 16, 2009 Jim Pattison announced that Save-On Foods has donated $100,000 to CBC Television in order to rent high definition trucks for away games during the Vancouver Canucks' 2009 1st round NHL playoff series versus the St. Louis Blues. Prior to this donation, CBC stated that it would not broadcast HD away games in St. Louis due to the cost of renting high definition equipment during the current tough economic times and major cuts to funding for the CBC by the federal government."

#18 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,775 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:28 PM

I think this topic is of borderline importance.

**RETIRED...**

"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

11477626583_2368927097.jpg     49997_b70e6ae14ce1652fa11bd1dda624afd1.g   7649118508_ce3e8a74a1_o.jpg

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” (David Rockefeller)

#19 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:48 PM

I had to wikipedia Pattison, was surprised to see this on his wikipedia page...
"On April 16, 2009 Jim Pattison announced that Save-On Foods has donated $100,000 to CBC Television in order to rent high definition trucks for away games during the Vancouver Canucks' 2009 1st round NHL playoff series versus the St. Louis Blues. Prior to this donation, CBC stated that it would not broadcast HD away games in St. Louis due to the cost of renting high definition equipment during the current tough economic times and major cuts to funding for the CBC by the federal government."

Gee .. I wonder which Public Relations firm inserted/edited that into trustworthy old "Wiki" .. "Wiki" is as manipulated as a Chinese factory worker with 6 kids ..

#20 Dazzle

Dazzle

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,954 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:59 PM

Gee .. I wonder which Public Relations firm inserted/edited that into trustworthy old "Wiki" .. "Wiki" is as manipulated as a Chinese factory worker with 6 kids ..

100,000 is not that much money.

I find it very difficult to believe that CBC couldn't scrape that kind of money.
Posted Image --> THANKS EGATTI.

I have to say Dazzle's was the coolest. ROTFLOL

#21 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:05 AM

100,000 is not that much money.

I find it very difficult to believe that CBC couldn't scrape that kind of money.

Yes .. and $100,000 is chump change to Pattison .. ***cue Dr. Evil***

#22 iwtl

iwtl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:08 AM

heck the BC Liberals could find - what was it $15 Million to run election adds that are not election adds. They aired over and over during the Hockey game the other night. CBC should just sell more add space to the the BC Liberals errr taxpayers to tell us how great things are...... I'm sure they could find a good contact in the Advertising industry ....

Seriously though - is this thing scripted somewhere - like a check list one can set your watch to the same cliche's and attack comments in every right wing thread. We get it the right wing hates the NDP. Why not have someone post a postive thread in regards to the BC Liberals and how they have benefited the working family ... you know with real facts showing how they have more spending power and all those great raises from the HST. Cmon stop slinging mud and lets hear all that great stuff....

Good thing this is typing cause keeping a straight face during that would not have been possible lol

Edited by iwtl, 07 February 2013 - 12:09 AM.

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness." - John Kenneth Galbraith

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. -
John Kenneth Galbraith

"This is the first test of a gentleman: his respect for those who can be of no possible value to him." - William Lyon Phelps

#23 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:18 AM

^ ^ ^ .. unfortunately that would take dishonesty, and everyone knows you can trust the BC "Liberal" Party to be all about "truth", right down to their tight fisted core .. damned on every side it seems .. where are the heroes of yesteryear? .. oh right .. Pattison owns their "rights" .. :ph34r:

#24 iwtl

iwtl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:23 AM

http://www.cknw.com/...aspx?ID=1882051

And to put BC families first. Where the Liberals not supporting this until those pesky resumes became public and well kinda made them look bad ( maybe thats why they spiked the attack adds and postings - one can never tell ). lol
The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness." - John Kenneth Galbraith

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. -
John Kenneth Galbraith

"This is the first test of a gentleman: his respect for those who can be of no possible value to him." - William Lyon Phelps

#25 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,014 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:48 AM

I don't want this sneaky fraud in charge of our province.
Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#26 Lancaster

Lancaster

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:06 AM

But it was true. You seriously don't remember the outrage when CBC said they weren't gonna send the HD trucks to St. Louis for games 3 and 4 because they figured it wasn't necessary?

#27 hockeyfan87

hockeyfan87

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:59 AM

No one needs to go out of their way to discredit Adrian Dix. He did that himself 13 years ago. Despite being a outright fraud I have no doubt that the people of British Columbia will elect him as the next Premier.

#28 hockeyfan87

hockeyfan87

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:01 AM

^ ^ ^ .. unfortunately that would take dishonesty, and everyone knows you can trust the BC "Liberal" Party to be all about "truth", right down to their tight fisted core .. damned on every side it seems .. where are the heroes of yesteryear? .. oh right .. Pattison owns their "rights" .. :ph34r:

Do you support the NDP? Just wondering how someone can apply their ethical standards inconsistently. Surely if you have a problem with the way the Liberals have operated then you ought to have a problem with the NDP considering Adrian Dix is at the helm. His past actions speak for themselves. I don't support either political parties but I'm sick of the partisan hacks on both sides who speak out of two sides of their mouth.

#29 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:05 AM

Do you support the NDP? Just wondering how someone can apply their ethical standards inconsistently. Surely if you have a problem with the way the Liberals have operated then you ought to have a problem with the NDP considering Adrian Dix is at the helm. His past actions speak for themselves. I don't support either political parties but I'm sick of the partisan hacks on both sides who speak out of two sides of their mouth.

If you read Post #11 in this thread, you will see I support neither side .. I do not believe either Party deserves to be "in charge" .. the corruption in our political system, from the Federal level on-down to the Municipal level is disheartingly sickening ..

I have personal experience dealing with Shepard, via Canfor, so I am basing my judgement of him on personal, hands on experience .. Dix I only know thru reputation ..

#30 Dittohead

Dittohead

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,192 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:22 AM

Adrian Dix is a fraud and a weakling

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.