The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jim Shepard Concerned Citizens Of BC makes borderline liable comment about Adrian Dix

J529

heck the BC Liberals could find - what was it $15 Million to run election adds that are not election adds. They aired over and over during the Hockey game the other night. CBC should just sell more add space to the the BC Liberals errr taxpayers to tell us how great things are...... I'm sure they could find a good contact in the Advertising industry ....

Seriously though - is this thing scripted somewhere - like a check list one can set your watch to the same cliche's and attack comments in every right wing thread. We get it the right wing hates the NDP. Why not have someone post a postive thread in regards to the BC Liberals and how they have benefited the working family ... you know with real facts showing how they have more spending power and all those great raises from the HST. Cmon stop slinging mud and lets hear all that great stuff....

Good thing this is typing cause keeping a straight face during that would not have been possible lol

^ ^ ^ .. unfortunately that would take dishonesty, and everyone knows you can trust the BC "Liberal" Party to be all about "truth", right down to their tight fisted core .. damned on every side it seems .. where are the heroes of yesteryear? .. oh right .. Pattison owns their "rights" .. :ph34r:

^ ^ ^ .. unfortunately that would take dishonesty, and everyone knows you can trust the BC "Liberal" Party to be all about "truth", right down to their tight fisted core .. damned on every side it seems .. where are the heroes of yesteryear? .. oh right .. Pattison owns their "rights" .. :ph34r:

Do you support the NDP? Just wondering how someone can apply their ethical standards inconsistently. Surely if you have a problem with the way the Liberals have operated then you ought to have a problem with the NDP considering Adrian Dix is at the helm. His past actions speak for themselves. I don't support either political parties but I'm sick of the partisan hacks on both sides who speak out of two sides of their mouth.

I have this bad feeling that once the Liberals leave office we will see a repeat of what happened in Saskatchewan after Grant Devine left office. Give credit though where it's due - the BC Liberal propoganda people have done a fantastic job in the fear mongering department. They have people so dillusional that they will throw away their present and thier families futures just to keep them in power. The NDP are far from perfect but the sky will not fall - Kittens will not perish - and the Leafs will still not win the cup should they get elected. People who live in glass houses should not throw stones and one just needs to look at the BC Liberals own affairs from drunk driving - BC Rail - P3 Contracts and so on and so on and so on - Maybe instead of continuing the same party hack lines of fear mongering the right wing should clean up their own house. BC is currently run for and by big businuess. BC Should be run by the people and for the people. Neither union nor businuess should be dictating policy or law. Love them or hate them the NDP has it correct that the negative attack adds are an embarassment to this province. Surley after more than a decade in power the good deeds of the party should be more than ample to promote themselves. If after a decade in power all they and their supporters have is attacks and the same cliche's its like listning to someone try to debate when all the can do is stand there and swear repeatedly. In order to compinsate for having nothing good to stand on they need to rely on threats and intimidation.

The NDP really screwed up in the past and this current bunch of Liberals have also been horrible. I do not care who did what decades ago - who got busted for DUI. What I care about is BC wages have gone stagnant and businuess has overpowered all legislation. I want to know going into this election who is going to rebalance BC so that a poor working single parent has equal consideration as a billioionare who wants more - I want to know who is going to consider the impact of gutting benefits for workers ... 20 or 30 years down the road. A staggering amount of people lost jobs under this current regime to be remployed by contract flipping foriegn companies with little or no benifits. Those people have zero left to save for retirmenent. When they do and we need to find many BILLIONS to top them up as we let companies strip that from them --- will those same companies be willing to pay to help look after THEIR retired workers? Or will it be the tax payers subsidizing those companies profits of today?

I want a political party who will understand that when businuess records record profits at the same time that they stripping benenifits and pay that just maybe its time to end those tax breaks and use that money to make sure that after decades of work when they retire and need help that we have that money. I want a political party that can show us what they are doing - not a politcal party that for over a decade can only sling mud at others - a party that understands that a rich person deservers to earn what they have - but needs to pay a fair tax - that the hard working person can know that their goverment is standing up for them equally as much as they do for Businuess.

The NDP could keep running non stop adds attacking the BC Liberalsas well - Lord knows the Liberals have provided more than enough dirt to create the adds. But in the end what would we have? An all out battle of who can throw the biggest hissy fit and who can out smear the other person. Most people in BC are tired of it. We want to hear what politicians are doing - will do and how they are going to pay for it. We want them to specifically show us in concrete evidence where the money comes from and who gets it. We want them to show the actual benefit it will provide to businuess and workers and make sure that actually HAPPENS.

I don't need to hear that oh gee big shock - BC Liberals hate the NDP, nor do I need to hear that ( wait for it ) The NDP hates the Liberals. We can accept those 2 as truths so now its time to look at the present and the future. Putting families first shouldn't mean putting them first in line at the food bank - first in line at the bank for another credit card and first in line for that second and third low wage paying job that seems to be the only ones being created. I want to hear both parties plans to change that - who will do what - who pays and how it will be enforced.....

I have this bad feeling that once the Liberals leave office we will see a repeat of what happened in Saskatchewan after Grant Devine left office. Give credit though where it's due - the BC Liberal propoganda people have done a fantastic job in the fear mongering department.

The power to prevent an NDP goverment is open to the BC Liberals - however to access it they need to clean house - face the reality that they sold out to businuess so badly that people are willing to vote NDP and honestly face the challenge of rebalancing BC fairly for everyone not just corperate sponsers. People in BC rarely elect a party - we fire a party. The BC Liberals had the power to change that and instead put profits above people and most likely will deliver to you another NDP goverment. What you should be saying is that you have lived through horrible right winger goverments that gave birth to NDP goverments.

The sheeple are the right wing that are blind to this fact. The BC Liberals are driving people to the NDP - the NDP are not driving people to them. I suppose I should be happy that the right wing is so self centered and narrccasistic that they just keep marching and posting the same cliche's but I feel sorry for them. The right wing have lost the ability to care or consider others and have lost the ability to see any fault within themselves. It's now wonder our politics are so polorized and messed up. I am concerned with the right wing that have lost the ability at reasoned thought. I see an image of right wing supporters here pounding on a square peg trying to jam it through the round hole while screaming at it.

If an NDP goverment is not acceptable to someone a reasonable person would apply logic and help the other side ensure that people would want to vote for them instead of the NDP - that would be a logical thing to do. It seems reason and logic are not words applicable to them because they can not get past their own beliefs that because they say the BC Liberals are better everyone else must accept that or be deemed steeple or loonie or what ever the right wing cliche of the month is they are using. The sheeple are the right wing who have abandond reasonable and logical thinking to march only to the beat they have been told. No wonder we need new thinking in power - Reasonable and Logically must again be part of politics. Not sure if the NDP can deliver but I am more enclined to give them a chance at this time.

And when the NDP left power I thought I saw an auditors report recently that showed it was a surpless? Was that wrong?

http://thetyee.ca/Vi...ucturalDeficit/

http://thetyee.ca/Vi...llMisledPublic/

Now I know thats a labor blog but are those facts incorrect? The NDP made many mistakes but if those articles are correct - leaving a deficit to dig out of was not one of their faults.

http://thetyee.ca/Opinion/2013/02/04/Advice-For-Adrian-Dix/

from that article best describes what I am saying - "Get off your butt, Mr. Dix, not because the BC Liberals might win but because you might just lose, and forever be linked with Gordon Campbell as another man who leaned on his oars when he should have been rowing like hell."

Politicians who believe we must beleive them because they say so - no matter what party they are from, and people that believe the race can be won at their pace without regard to others opinions will equally fit into the above statement mentioning both parties

I love how people throw the NDP under the bus for how they "ran the province into the ground".

Even someone who lives under a rock knows that a significant portion of B.C.'s economy is resource based.

If you look at historical prices you will see that during the 90's, many prices were stagnant or dropped. Government didn't close the coal mines in Tumbler Ridge. It didn't reduce production, shut down production, prevent expansion, or reduced exploration. LOW/STAGNANT PRICES did it.

Now fast forward to the Liberal era. Prices recovered or went through the roof. Coal, oil, gold, etc. Now why are the coal mines reopened/reopening in Tumbler Ridge. Better coal prices, NOT A CHANGE IN GOVERNMENT.

And even with a rebounded resource sector, the LIbs couldn't get our finances in order. Controlled government spending my a$$

Archived