The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Volpatti vs Wiese

Bananas

109 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Of course. I would love for Vandy to play 15-20 games in a shortened season like this.

As for Patti I do agree, however I think is fighting ability is pretty underrated and his size is holding him back a lot (6'0 215).

This is what I just don't understand about Gillis. He signs a guy like Patti to a one way contract who brings strictly fighting and hitting to the table, while preaching about how guys on the 4th line need to be able to play the puck.

Sure Patti can play his 5-8 min a night without being a big liability, but if you were going to sign a guy like that, why not get someone who is much more established in that department.

We had plenty of opportunities to sign guys like Asham, Tootoo (although not much size), Parros, Carkner ect ect in the summer.

I just don't get it.

Rypien37, Just wanted to say you are the only poster on here that makes any sence when it come to pugilism. I'll make it real simple folks. We have more than a handfull of young talent capable of filling Mr.Weise's shoes and let me say plenty that would hug and duck there way through fights to make our lineup. Boxing lessons? Dale should know that to win in boxing, you must be able to hit your opponent. Zenon challenged our bench people!, after Dale hung on for dear life with a middle weight X2.

Why did we sign Vandy? a capable D man that people actually fear? I'm confused as to how losing two fights in one game to a guy 30lbs less than you can spark or scare the other team into being honest.

Rypien37, Just wanted to say you are the only poster on here that makes any sence when it come to pugilism. I'll make it real simple folks. We have more than a handfull of young talent capable of filling Mr.Weise's shoes and let me say plenty that would hug and duck there way through fights to make our lineup. Boxing lessons? Dale should know that to win in boxing, you must be able to hit your opponent. Zenon challenged our bench people!, after Dale hung on for dear life with a middle weight X2.

Why did we sign Vandy? a capable D man that people actually fear? I'm confused as to how losing two fights in one game to a guy 30lbs less than you can spark or scare the other team into being honest.

who cares , konopka is a goon , he has no code

i actually felt bad for wiese at that point , you could see he didnt want to fight yet he kinda had to protect himself

i think a player shouldnt be aloud to fight unless they play X amount of minutes a night

lets say 10

thats a good way to limit fighting without taking it out of the game

I lost all hope when Parros got passed on, Carkner, love to have him but as you stated, our D core is stacked. The one that hurt most was Prust, why? he is excactly what this team needed. everywhere he goes, fan fav, guy can play, and since Rypien's passing, has become a hell of a fighter.

anyone missing Glass now? I am

Archived