The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sedins and Burrows have had the bet plus/minus in the last four years

hockeyfan90

Semin is a far better defensive player than the Sedins, but probably not as good as Burrows. Watching him play, he's got a great stick and always comes all the way back to collect his check - something he never did at the start of his career. The reason for the twins high +/- is all the time they spend cycling the puck and dominating in the offensive zone - they don't actually spend much time defending because their offence is so good, but when it does come time to defend they're definately not the best at it.

Meanwhile Semin started his career terribly defensively and was always called out for it. A combined -20 in his first 3 seasons is bad considering he was a scoring machine. Then he had a +25, +36, +22, +9 and now an amazing +11 in 13 games played.

I've always thought Semin was one of the more underated players in the league and doesn't get enough credit for what he does and brings to a team. Everyone harps on the fact that he's Russian, doesn't play with heart and is a locker room cancer but just look at what he does on the ice. He is IMO the biggest reason for Eric Staal and Carolina's success right now - without Semin that team would not be anywhere as strong as they are right now.

I thought the Canucks should of gone after him to play with Kesler and even the Sedins on the PP at times to give us the single most skilled line in the NHL. Honestly, who cares if he's a "locker room cancer" if he's playing well with his linemates, scoring goals, playing solid defence and most importantly winning his team games. Carolina look pretty happy having him there now, and Washington are wishing they could have him back now.

I can't recall seeing these Canucks being in the top +/- stats over the last couple of years..........there is absolutely no way this is true.

If Semin is a +103 over the last 4 years, that would equate to a +30 per season (this year is a shortened one).

First of all, I highly doubt that he is ..............second of all, how could Burrows possibly be higher than that?

I can't recall seeing these Canucks being in the top +/- stats over the last couple of years..........there is absolutely no way this is true.

If Semin is a +103 over the last 4 years, that would equate to a +30 per season (this year is a shortened one).

First of all, I highly doubt that he is ..............second of all, how could Burrows possibly be higher than that?

Archived