The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vigneault Appreciation Thread

Aladeen

For all the flak he gets on these boards and in the media (which is what a lot of people on these boards just regurgitate) I for one would like to give my thanks to AV for the great job he has done with this team.

Winning-est Coach in Franchise History - 297 and playoffs - 33

Divison Titles - 5

President's Trophies - 2

Some fans don't care about any of this but there are some that realize that these accomplishment aren't easy, although its still short of what we as fans hope for I believe this team can get it done with AV at the helm.

I think a lot of newer fans don't realize what it was like for long stretches being a Canuck's fan and never seeing a team that has the capability of competing year after year.

Some of us even appreciate how he handles himself with the media always professional and sometimes having fun with them especially when the media becomes ridiculous.

I personally appreciate how he stands behind our players with the most recent example during the whole Hansen-Hossa drama.

I know hockey is a results-oriented business but so long as the Canucks keep winning under him and competing for the Stanley Cup, by making the playoffs, he will have keep having fans (those that understand how tough it can be to win games in this league where teams are so good and the line between winning and losing is so small)

I for one would love to see this team win the Stanley Cup with AV at the helm. And i know its possible but for any team and any coach it won't be easy but I will be cheering for the Canucks as loud and hard as I can when the Canucks make the playoffs, yet again, for the 6th out of the 7 years AV has been bench boss.

Alain-Vigneault620460-Wayne-LeidenfrostPNG1lw.jpg

You especially liked the way AV handled the Hansen Hossa incident?

He said he had a little chuckle.

I think it would have been better for a coach to lambaste the NHL and its ruling because that was a brutal call.

If I was Hansen and I got suspended for something ridiculous, I would rather have my coach tear a strip off Shanny and the NHL rather than "having a little chuckle"

You especially liked the way AV handled the Hansen Hossa incident?

He said he had a little chuckle.

I think it would have been better for a coach to lambaste the NHL and its ruling because that was a brutal call.

If I was Hansen and I got suspended for something ridiculous, I would rather have my coach tear a strip off Shanny and the NHL rather than "having a little chuckle"

Archived