#1 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,355 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:04 PM

POPULAR

For all the flak he gets on these boards and in the media (which is what a lot of people on these boards just regurgitate) I for one would like to give my thanks to AV for the great job he has done with this team.

Winning-est Coach in Franchise History - 297 and playoffs - 33
Divison Titles - 5
President's Trophies - 2

Some fans don't care about any of this but there are some that realize that these accomplishment aren't easy, although its still short of what we as fans hope for I believe this team can get it done with AV at the helm.

I think a lot of newer fans don't realize what it was like for long stretches being a Canuck's fan and never seeing a team that has the capability of competing year after year.

Some of us even appreciate how he handles himself with the media always professional and sometimes having fun with them especially when the media becomes ridiculous.

I personally appreciate how he stands behind our players with the most recent example during the whole Hansen-Hossa drama.

I know hockey is a results-oriented business but so long as the Canucks keep winning under him and competing for the Stanley Cup, by making the playoffs, he will have keep having fans (those that understand how tough it can be to win games in this league where teams are so good and the line between winning and losing is so small)

I for one would love to see this team win the Stanley Cup with AV at the helm. And i know its possible but for any team and any coach it won't be easy but I will be cheering for the Canucks as loud and hard as I can when the Canucks make the playoffs, yet again, for the 6th out of the 7 years AV has been bench boss.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:05 PM

Nice little project you got yourself here ::D

#3 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,355 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

Nice little project you got yourself here ::D

Gotta feed the trolls :lol:
Posted Image

#4 Sestito29

Sestito29

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

POPULAR

Stanley Cups with a stacked team: 0

Stubbornness and lack of adaptation: Over 9000.

#5 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,015 posts

He's a nice guy.
Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#6 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:08 PM

You especially liked the way AV handled the Hansen Hossa incident?

He said he had a little chuckle.

I think it would have been better for a coach to lambaste the NHL and its ruling because that was a brutal call.

If I was Hansen and I got suspended for something ridiculous, I would rather have my coach tear a strip off Shanny and the NHL rather than "having a little chuckle"

#7 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,355 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:08 PM

Stanley Cups with a stacked team: 0

Stubbornness and lack of adaptation: Over 9000.

Coming from a Flyers fan: Priceless
Posted Image

#8 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:09 PM

He's a nice guy.

So's Kelly. She's a nice girl

#9 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,355 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

You especially liked the way AV handled the Hansen Hossa incident?

He said he had a little chuckle.

I think it would have been better for a coach to lambaste the NHL and its ruling because that was a brutal call.

If I was Hansen and I got suspended for something ridiculous, I would rather have my coach tear a strip off Shanny and the NHL rather than "having a little chuckle"

Here is another example of you not reading what was written I said the most recent example, not especially that incident.
Posted Image

#10 Sestito29

Sestito29

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

Coming from a Flyers fan: Priceless

Because I like Rinaldo I'm a Flyers fan?

Canucks are actually my #1 team, then the Flyers.

But since we are on the subject, Laviolette >>>>>>>>> AV

Edited by Rinaldo36, 27 February 2013 - 08:15 PM.

#11 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:14 PM

Here is another example of you not reading what was written I said the most recent example, not especially that incident.

Well like I said, I wouldn't call "having a little chuckle" as standing behind Hansen.
In fact, that's not very supportive at all. So that was a very poor example that actually backfired on you.

#12 Newsflash

Newsflash

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:16 PM

Good coach. I hold him in the same regard that many hold Quinn. But it's time to move on.

Buddy I called this EXACT situtation on here two years ago and was flamed, so I guess I have a bit of hockey knowledge, not to mention the 4 years I played in the OHL idiot.

The conspiracy theories that used to be against Lateralus:
Puberty, life, movie theaters, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out during a children's movie, Toy Story 3, Pixar, who ever decided to make Woody so damn attractive, a job, his mothers basement, being 40, being 40 five years ago, dogs who can out run him, all dogs, the Olympic committee, Truth, Fact, Honesty, Logic, Newsflash, a father figure who was there to see him learn to ride his first bike, bikes,

#13 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,533 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:16 PM

POPULAR

Aladeen - alias Rick Bowness.

#14 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,355 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:17 PM

Because I like Rinaldo I'm a Flyers fan?

Canucks are actually my #1 team, then the Flyers.

But since we are on the subject, Laviolette >>>>>>>>> AV

That's nice we weren't on that subject at all but since we are now, if you can convice Laviolette to leave the flyers and join the Canucks I am willing to give it a go.
Posted Image

#15 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,355 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

Well like I said, I wouldn't call "having a little chuckle" as standing behind Hansen.
In fact, that's not very supportive at all. So that was a very poor example that actually backfired on you.

Backfired on me lol? stop trolling, infer his comments he is saying the suspension is a joke and that the whole incident is a joke.
Posted Image

#16 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,355 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:19 PM

Good coach. I hold him in the same regard that many hold Quinn. But it's time to move on.

Gillis?
Posted Image

#17 Sestito29

Sestito29

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:19 PM

That's nice we weren't on that subject at all but since we are now, if you can convice Laviolette to leave the flyers and join the Canucks I am willing to give it a go.

So you accept that fact that he is a much better coach.

I'm amazed the biggest AV homer on this board has made that kind of progress...truly amazed.

#18 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

Backfired on me lol? stop trolling, infer his comments he is saying the suspension is a joke and that the whole incident is a joke.

yes but that's a super passive way of addressing the issue.

How about being direct?

#19 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,505 posts

Hey it only too 4 posts for somebody to be ignorant.

CDC's getting better.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,355 posts

So you accept that fact that he is a much better coach.

I'm amazed the biggest AV homer on this board has made that kind of progress...truly amazed.

So are you on the phone with him now? is he leaving the Flyers and coming here? Cause if not don't waste my time.
Posted Image

#21 Sestito29

Sestito29

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

So are you on the phone with him now? is he leaving the Flyers and coming here? Cause if not don't waste my time.

Wasting your time? Says the guy posting daily on a message board...

What are you 14?

#22 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,355 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:25 PM

Wasting your time? Says the guy posting daily on a message board...

What are you 14?

Yes I'm 14 I joined these boards when I was 8 :rolleyes:. You know you're winning when you're attacking someone by saying they are young.
Posted Image

#23 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:31 PM

Yes I'm 14 I joined these boards when I was 8 :rolleyes:. You know you're winning when you're attacking someone by saying they are young.

Winning? I didn't know we were playing a game ::D
Does that mean I won when you made up quotes on my behalf? :towel:

#24 Gustavo Fring

Gustavo Fring

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:33 PM

In all honesty, accolades and being the winningest coach doesn't really apply anymore.

The league keeps changing at a fast pace, new technologies allow for opposing coaches to dissect any teams system
and expose it for what it really is. This is what is happening to AV.

Unless AV refines his system of attack and implements a better team defensive make up then he will succeed.
I have no doubt that hes able to change up his system, he has done it before.
Posted Image

#25 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,355 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:37 PM

Winning? I didn't know we were playing a game ::D
Does that mean I won when you made up quotes on my behalf? :towel:

Yup you're winning buddy in the spirit Charlie Sheen! You are the Vatican Assassin!
Posted Image

#26 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

In all honesty, accolades and being the winningest coach doesn't really apply anymore.

The league keeps changing at a fast pace, new technologies allow for opposing coaches to dissect any teams system
and expose it for what it really is. This is what is happening to AV.

Unless AV refines his system of attack and implements a better team defensive make up then he will succeed.
I have no doubt that hes able to change up his system, he has done it before.

Good input. I'm not trying to start a fight. Just curious. How has he changed his system before?
Are you talking about Lu's first year when our team lacked talent and we played a defensive game (almost like a trap)?
And now we play a puck possession game?

I hope you are correct in that he has the ability to change up the system. I think most people like myself call for a change because we don't think he has the ability to change it up but if he is able to make a change, that would be great.

Problem is with people like Aladeen who insist that there is nothing wrong with the strategy or coaching when its pretty clear that there is.

Additionally, if AV is able to come up with a change in system, it would be great if he also has another option in case the 1st one gets shut down or neutralized.

I always want him to be one step ahead of the game instead of reacting too late

#27 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

Yup you're winning buddy in the spirit Charlie Sheen! You are the Vatican Assassin!

Sweet. I like winning. (minus the Vatican assassin part) ::D

#28 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,355 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:43 PM

Good input. I'm not trying to start a fight. Just curious. How has he changed his system before?
Are you talking about Lu's first year when our team lacked talent and we played a defensive game (almost like a trap)?

I hope you are correct in that he has the ability to change up the system. I think most people like myself call for a change because we don't think he has the ability to change it up but if he is able to make a change, that would be great.

Problem is with people like Aladeen who insist that there is nothing wrong with the strategy or coaching when its pretty clear that there is.

Additionally, if AV is able to come up with a change in system, it would be great if he also has another option in case the 1st one gets shut down or neutralized.

If quoting you by inference is something I am guilty of, that is just what you did here. I never said his coaching was perfect but one thing I do realize is that there is another professional team that wants to win which I have said it a hundred times. No system is perfect but he gets to the playoffs which gives the team a chance to win.

So I guess by our new found winning logic, I'm a rock star from Mars and I'm winning! :towel:
Posted Image

#29 Gustavo Fring

Gustavo Fring

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:43 PM

Yup you're spot on. When Luongo first came to Vancouver we were playing more of a trap style.

But when we added the likes of Ehrhoff, Demitra, and the rise of Raymond we completely became a more puck possession team.

Pretty much when Gillis got hired he took the Detroit model and ran away with it.
Posted Image

#30 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:02 PM

If quoting you by inference is something I am guilty of, that is just what you did here. I never said his coaching was perfect but one thing I do realize is that there is another professional team that wants to win which I have said it a hundred times. No system is perfect but he gets to the playoffs which gives the team a chance to win.

So I guess by our new found winning logic, I'm a rock star from Mars and I'm winning! :towel:

Well done sir ::D

It seems like you are reaching a major developmental step.

You seem to have a problem with my assessment of your opinion. I honestly thought you didn't think coaching or strategy was an issue but because you took exception to my inference, are you stating that there IS a problem with coaching or strategy?

You admitted his coaching isn't perfect. The next logical step then is, if it's not perfect, there's room for improvement.
Would you agree with that?

P.S. You still lose because when you made a quote on my behalf, it was completely incorrect as I actually don't want the Canucks to miss the playoffs. I just want a coaching change before the playoffs start. Preferably sooner than later to give the team enough time to learn the system.

So yes, I will admit defeat if I pegged you incorrectly and you think coaching or strategy is actually a problem.

Edited by CanucksJay, 27 February 2013 - 09:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.