The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

You're GM: Arniel/Ruff vs. AV/Bowness

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ruff but I still think Vigneault will be canned only if they lose in the first round again and it's once again apparent that he was out coached.

To me it seems like sometimes the way Gillis wants the team to play and the way AV wants conflicts.

Though Gillis tries to make a point of appearing to have infinite patience and won't fire AV especially if that is the popular opinion with Ruff hanging out there now.

Columbus seems like a good fit for Ruff as a team who is looking to significantly change it's organizational culture.

I would be shocked if A.V was fired after this year even if they only win a round. He is bound to get the benefit of the doubt in a shortened season.

This year, in a shortened season already close to halfway through, there isn't time to learn a new system and perfect it by playoffs (if we'd even make it). AV is the man for this year, like it or not.

I'm trying hard to zoom out and take off the homer glasses. I like rough and tumble hockey, and that isn't what the Canucks play. Just because AV plays the team different than what I want to watch doesn't mean he's a bad coach. From now on I am going to try to be more objective and less of a princess. Many on this board may benefit from doing the same.

am i on page seven yet? lol....

I have wanted to replace AV since about six months after he got here. Do Not Want. Not saying Ruff is the way to go, but lets get somone in here who adds to the collective franchise winnability. As it is, AV does not.

This year, in a shortened season already close to halfway through, there isn't time to learn a new system and perfect it by playoffs (if we'd even make it). AV is the man for this year, like it or not.

I'm trying hard to zoom out and take off the homer glasses. I like rough and tumble hockey, and that isn't what the Canucks play. Just because AV plays the team different than what I want to watch doesn't mean he's a bad coach. From now on I am going to try to be more objective and less of a princess. Many on this board may benefit from doing the same.

AV has had his run. Canucks as a team have had similar problems throughout his reign. You can't, can't, can't try and defend a 1-0 lead halfway through the game.

His idea of letting the players do the talking and letting them be is one of the dumbest things I have heard. No coach does that. Sure he's got 2 prez titles but please fire his ass. Need a new coach.

Right meow!

Archived