13 replies to this topic

#1 westcoast

westcoast

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,399 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:49 PM

The scoring problems the Canucks are having IMO are solely line dynamics.The Sedin line has peaked,it hasn't broke thru line matching because Burrows is too small to park in front.He spends most of the shift on his rear end.Thats why IMO the Canucks regularly replace him with Kesler on the PP and traded a good young player for Kassian.They need a big sniper In front with a huge reach that's tough on his skates.Most of the success that line gets is when Burrows is actually in the cycle behind the net.A huge guy in front would force the defense to keep their top guy in front instead of in pursuit.Last night while Burrows was screening the goalie was looking over top of his shoulder at the point.The second line IMO is completely dysfunctional.They have Kesler and Booth that can shoot hit and defend and fight,but they get little out of them.Kesler is one of the few players that can consistently drive the puck wide and cut in front from the left side.Booth is one of the few players that can drive the puck wide and cut in from the right side.Get them a centre man that can gain the zone and dish the puck and skate with them.The third line is actually coming along pretty well and I think will be good in the playoffs.When Gillis talks about holding out for specific players,this is the areas he should be looking for.

#2 Tragoedia

Tragoedia

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:56 PM

Kassian should be on the first line right now. Burrows is a good player, but Kassian was doing so well with the Sedins, and the second line is a wreck.
Sedin Sedin Kassian
Raymond Burrows Hansen (Or Raymond at C)
Higgins Lapierre Booth
Sestito Pinizzotto Weise

#3 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:04 PM

They need frickin defense. It's a fire drill in the defensive end.

I'm of the opinion they don't need a scorer. Booth and Burrows have been playing well and creating chances. Just not scoring. Booth has the best Fenwick on the team of anyone not named Sedin. Both guys just have absurdly low shooting percentages right now and eventually that should move back toward their career averages and you will see them scoring again. Sometimes it's bad luck.

Canucks are a top possession team. They have good forwards. They need to minimize mistakes in their own end.
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

#4 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:07 PM

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#5 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:11 PM

Complaining about the lines does as much good as complaining about the weather.

it sucks when it rains for 30 days in a row but there ain't nothin we can to about it.

Except stay in the house and complain about the lines on CDC
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#6 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,441 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:37 PM

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

creepy profile pic dude.
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#7 nux4lyfe

nux4lyfe

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,308 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:37 PM

All this constant changing of lines is making the forwards hard to build any chemistry, they need to figure this out asap!

13zpnd4.jpg

Thank You Twilight Sparkle for the dope sig!

#8 kassian's lost tooth

kassian's lost tooth

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:39 PM

creepy profile pic dude.

Uh huh!

#9 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:08 PM

creepy profile pic dude.

mad dog vachon choking bitches out recognize
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#10 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:10 PM

this would be ideal

Sedin-Sedin-C.Perry
R.Clowe-R.Kesler- Z.Kassian
Higgins-Burrows-Hansen
Sestito-Pinizzotto-Wiese

#11 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:17 AM

this would be ideal

Sedin-Sedin-C.Perry
R.Clowe-R.Kesler- Z.Kassian
Higgins-Burrows-Hansen
Sestito-Pinizzotto-Wiese

Stamkos - Crosby - Giroux
Sedin - Sedin - Perry
Kesler - Malkin - E. Stall
Kassian - Pinzzotto - Burrows

#12 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:37 AM

With the way the Nucks have been playing and only a couple of dozen games left, it becomes a little risky switching lines around. Kassian plays well with the Sedins, but the Sedins play better with Burrows. I am all for developing some chemistry between Kass and the Sedins, as it gives the line a different flavour.

We still need another decent center, even with Kes coming back.

If the forwards come back and help out the defence (like they used to), I don't think they need another dman, other than a depth guy.

#13 Canucklehead73

Canucklehead73

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:56 AM

mad dog vachon choking bitches out recognize

Uhm thats not what it looks like from here...
Go Canucks Go!

#14 Quoted

Quoted

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,804 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:04 AM

If Burrows is too small to be in front of the net, how is it that his screens have resulted in a lot of goals this year??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.