The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

BC Elections: NDP supporters in for rude awakening

Common sense

He is actually quite knowledgeable, especially when it comes to matters of law.

Wise men actually know quite a bit. In fact they are wise because they know more than the average Joe (else, why would they be wise?). They realize they don't know everything, and that what they don't know is larger than what they do.

Here lies the rub; I don't doubt certain posters are strong in certain fields (like law). However, aside from being able to interpret and argue legislation passed by governments such as the Liberal or Conservative regimes, how does that help in terms of "macro" arguments for society?

The law is maluable. One who does not realize this, or is unwilling to entertain ideas that dare to seek alternatives, is far from wise in my opinion.

I'm reasonably sure public sector workers are very aware of just how broke and screwed up the province is. I'm also pretty sure they remember the last NDP government and the 0,0,2 % raise era under the same ndp. They know there is no pot of gold coming.

however if the ndp do get in they at can at least expect to be treated in a fair, respectful manner. I also think the ndp will honor existing contracts, something the other party did not do, that cost taxpayers $70 mill.

What gets me is as bad as all the Liberals say the ndp was and will be, a majority of people seem to believe that the ndp is the better choice. To me that says more about the current and past liberal mess than anythingelse

All of Canada, and BC in particular, is in for a rude awakening, regardless of who gets elected.

Decades of living beyond our means, putting next to no money into infrastructure, running up huge amounts of debt just as the population begins to shift into a time with more aged tax takers and much less tax payers is going to result in less service, more taxes, and higher debts unless something radical is changed.

And even then there's not much hope.

Archived