The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

edit: lovin this change!

Bananas

No we aren't top of our division.

And your "lock down mode" was getting outplayed by the worst team in the league.

And your dead wrong, Jordan is not a defensive liability at this stage.

You can be content with Cory stealing us wins, but we will need to step it up if we have any hopes for a playoff run. And that's what I want, a cup. Not our goalie to carry us on a 6 game win streak in the regular season.

Nah. Ive already, AD NAUSEUM gone thru all of this.

Thankfully theres a mega buttload of statistical data...and general facts to go by.

You all grasp for straws and it is comical.

You deserve the silly.

Kinda funny you getting all butthurt over it.

Until then, or before this thread is locked, ill enjoy the team winning. And you can carry on whining about your imagined biases and wholly superfluous bashing. In fact as i enjoy the winning go forth and look for another team. Obviously you find it hard to enjoy yourself when the evil AV is behind the bench.

We're not seeing a boatload of scoring because AV's focus has been on defense first (which is why we're getting some boring hockey). Injuries have plagued us and it's been amazing that we've managed to still win games...half of which were on the road. They've had to adjust and adopt a new style of play and it seems to have worked. People say we're not playing well enough because they're used to a skill game...but the adjustment was necessary and has gotten the job done.

Yes, Schneids has been amazing but it's also taken some pretty clever brainstorming to weather the storm...who do you think is responsible for that? For crying out loud, he's having to use D men as forwards and piece together line ups, yet you're worried that we're not winning convincingly enough?

Goaltenders do get hot...so to pretend that it's abnormal to experience or even count on this once in awhile is kind of ridiculous. Great goaltending has helped to carry many teams through injuries, etc. and we're now a beneficiary of that. Doesn't mean a coach should be fired.

Usually, I get in Joe's face when he jumps on my posts, but I kinda know what Joe is saying. I just don't think that AV is to blame directly. I just don't know if AV goes scott free. Point in fact, the first line is plus +15 on average, we can't judge the rest, because basically, none of the other lines are intact, because of injuries and the juggling that goes on because of it.

But our PP is brutal, and that falls on the assistant coaches, and Gillis for having the altimate say on who's on the bench. That being said Garrison took awhile to get comfortable, which really affected everything on the back end. "IF" the PP was near the top of the league, Joe would be happier, I am sure. And we would be closer to the very top of the league, not that we are that far away, which would make everyone happier.

If we had not have had so many injuries, hadn't had a veteran team ( Older/slow start ), if this year wasn't such a mess, with the 48 game schedule, and if the Power Play wasn't so dismal......well, Joe would probably like AV a little more.

Just for the record Joe, I don't think you are that far off. Fire the Assistant Coaches instead. I actually think AV is doing a pretty good job right now with what he's working with. Special thanks to Hansen, Raymond and Tanev! All of which are at the end of their contracts, or close to it.......man Joe you started a crap storm with this one! CDC posting like crazy! You should be proud of this one!Go pop a cold one! LOL

holy crap, the team's whole second line was gone for almost a full season, and here we are having seriously discussion about why AV isn't coaching the team to play exciting hockey?

you can have your own opinion Joe, just try not to preach them as facts and how you know more about how the whole team is playing than the Canucks' staffs including the GM.

EVEN if AV deserves to be fire, it WILL NOT be in the middle of the season when the team is on a winning streak.

hating our coach is one thing, suggesting to fire him in the middle of the season when the team is still in the playoff run with the second line down is just simply retarded.

holy crap, the team's whole second line was gone for almost a full season, and here we are having seriously discussion about why AV isn't coaching the team to play exciting hockey?

you can have your own opinion Joe, just try not to preach them as facts and how you know more about how the whole team is playing than the Canucks' staffs including the GM.

EVEN if AV deserves to be fire, it WILL NOT be in the middle of the season when the team is on a winning streak.

hating our coach is one thing, suggesting to fire him in the middle of the season when the team is still in the playoff run with the second line down is just simply retarded.

it sounds like you are trying to throw our coach under the bus because you don't find our style enjoyable. Then you try to use some ridiculous reasons to sugarcoat that and pretend you want him fire for the sake of the team's performance....

You've got it wrong.

I'm throwing the coach under the bus because he is driving a bus full of players who he can't seem to get to play a full 60 minutes of hockey in a single game for well over a year. The coach damned well is dragging down the performance of this team.

Lol AV isn't here to make enjoyable hockey for you. His job is to win games. He is a defensive minded Coach and this season with a decimated team he is keeping us at the top of the league. There are 24 other teams that wish their coach was that good. I am guessing you have never coached a game in your life or played in one.

Quite frankly, I don't care if I piss people off. All I want is for people to acknowledge that the team is still playing like crap even though the goalies are bailing us out. It's been all season long. This team has only played a good team game two or three times this year; and even at that, not in one single game have they played a full 60 minutes in which they out-played and out-worked the opposition.

This is why I am saying you are making up some ridiculous statment to sugarcoat your opinion to fire the coach for your own entertainment value.

Remember, the team that "can't play 60 minutes of hockey" is an opinion. While you are entitle to yours, dont try to preach it as facts.

Teams have their ups and downs AND the momentum in a game will shift constantly between the two teams on ice. NO team can play the so call "full 60 minutes of hockey" like you suggested every night because hockey players aren't a bunch of computer codes in NHL13.

Archived