The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Your Top 10 Favorite Movies + Movie Discussion

Hunter56

So awesome that someone else has Totoro on their list. Even though Miyazaki's best film is obviously Spirited Away -- Totoro has a vibe that I really like even though it is a real kiddie movie. Another really good Miyazaki film is Princess Mononoke (I hope I spelled it right lol)

Westerns: Rio Bravo (The only Wayne movie I like), Shane, Once Upon A Time in the West (Outstanding, it's slow, but it's like a work of Art), The Man with no Name Trilogy, Tombstone.

Action: Die Hard, Dirty Harry, Magnum Force, Enter the Dragon, Terminator 2, Any James Bond movie, Desperado, Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior, Predator, Bullitt.

Romance: Casablanca, Princess Bride. Romeo & Juliet (1968), Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.

Historical Drama: Thirteen Days, The Right Stuff, Apollo 13, Breaker Morant, Saving Private Ryan, All the President's Men.

Sci-Fi: The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951), 2001: A Space Odyssey

Sorry for the oh so droll late response, I needed a movie to watch and came back to this thread :P

What makes Totoro #1 for me is it's the movie I first remember as a kid watching and growing up, I had a totoro bed & one of the small white spirits as a pillow. I also went as the catbus for one Halloween. Also I watched the english version that doesn't have Dakota Fanning if that matters to you at all.

But yes the movies you mention are great themselves, curious as to whether or not you've seen Lupin the Third Castle of Cagliostro or Record of Lodoss War? Those are probably 2 of my favorite honorable mention animes.

Archived