The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

BC General Election May 14, 2013 - Advance Voting Wed May 8 to Sat May 11 - See Post #433

Wetcoaster

I think the people of British Columbia deserve better options for political office. I've said it before but none of the major options are appealing and I can't stomach the thought of myself voting for either Christy Clark or Adrian Dix given both their track records and general levels of incompetence.

That being said the NDP has gone on record that they would nix both corporate and union donations to political parties. I wasn't planning on voting NDP but this has given me something to consider. Now don't get me wrong I see write through this. It's a vote winner and a tactic that will hurt the Liberals in the long run much moreso than it will hurt the NDP, given the disparity in corporate donations to the Liberals in contrast with the union donations to the NDP.

Does anyone have any insightful thoughts on this? Is this a good thing in the NDP's favor or am I missing something? Could they possible go back and not carry through with this campaign promise?

The candidates need to either stop it with the political ads or improve their acting. Seriously, these things are making me cringe. Not to mention the fact that these things have big time BS written all over them. So fake, so lame. I can't believe people actually take the crap that is said in these ads into account when they go to the polls.

The candidates need to either stop it with the political ads or improve their acting. Seriously, these things are making me cringe. Not to mention the fact that these things have big time BS written all over them. So fake, so lame. I can't believe people actually take the crap that is said in these ads into account when they go to the polls.

I will continue to repeat this until the election is called:

Why anyone thinks either of the NDP/Libs deserve our votes is completely incomprehensible to me. That people are even arguing over which of those two to vote for is astonishing. You really want to teach these idiots a lesson and put your foot down as a voter? Don't vote for either of them.

What I, me, myself would like to see is not to be confused with what is or will be. Not sure where, how or why you made that leap in "logic".

Though I shouldn't be surprised as it's been noted numerous times you have trouble seeing beyond "what is" to "what should/could be".

Enjoy your black and white Pleasantville world there Wet.

What I, me, myself would like to see is not to be confused with what is or will be. Not sure where, how or why you made that leap in "logic".

Though I shouldn't be surprised as it's been noted numerous times you have trouble seeing beyond "what is" to "what should/could be".

You're not trying to win a legal argument here. It's a discussion forum, not a court room.

If I start a thread on how IMO flying would be a cool superpower to have, you copy and pasting a bunch of data/links/info about how self propelled flying is not realistic does not make you more valid. It makes you an obnoxious bore with an evident lack of imagination and vision beyond what is. Congrats.

Archived