The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Watch the Kings/Blues to see two teams who WANT to win

*Buzzsaw*

All you have to do is watch the Kings/Blues series to see motivated players who have jump and desire.

Night and day compared to the way the Canucks are playing now.

Both of these teams remind me of the Canucks in 2011.

Canucks need to re-capture that fire in the gut if they are going to have a chance to advance.

They are also two teams who were red hot coming into the playoffs on a roll, much like the Sharks.

Vancouver is capable of playing at that level too, just need to find and capitalize on that moment that brings us out of our funk and into a confident team imposing our will and style of play on the other team. We need to force the Sharks to react and adapt to us, not the other way around.

I think the Canucks actually have heart and desire. Too often people tend to overgeneralize things. When a team is losing they simply put it down to "no heart". Sometimes you really want to win and try your best but you come up short. Every team out there is playing hard right now. Usually what looks like "heart" is really confidence.

I think that's what the Canucks are really lacking right now especially with the puck. I keep saying this but the 2011 team played like they were unstoppable and they went into every game fully expecting that they would win the game for sure. Not so this year.

They are also two teams who were red hot coming into the playoffs on a roll, much like the Sharks.

Vancouver is capable of playing at that level too, just need to find and capitalize on that moment that brings us out of our funk and into a confident team imposing our will and style of play on the other team. We need to force the Kings to react and adapt to us, not the other way around.

Archived