Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bassetgreg

Don Hay

16 posts in this topic

Funny you mention that because I'm laying in a chaise lounge on my deck right now overlooking the jewels. Looks like the lawn could use a go.

Roenick was great player in his prime but he was also a fool

Hay has said he doesn't want to coach in the NHL in the past. That, and there's the pinned thread on coaches in Canucks Talk this could have gone in.

I think hay is great with the kids .. he demands respect and scares the hell out of them .. im afraid those tactics dont work with veteran players ..they would tell him to go fluck himself .. thats why he doesnt get hired ..

Rather get an experience NHL coach. A guy like Ruff or Tippett

My idea: hire hay as head coach, larry robinson and mike johnston as assistants and trevor linden for the powerplay, malhotra for the penalty kill. Good group of coaches and all around so were not just focusing on defense or offense. Its all around

please god no.

He's coached some wonderfully talented teams and had much success with those teams. Don't mistake that for him being an NHL coach like 3 other teams have. Keep him with the kids.

Please put thoughts/ideas in the numerous threads on the subject of the firing/rehiring of a coach....