The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bro Jake & Team1040 - thoughts after a month?

nanaimo

I really enjoyed the morning sports show during my bike ride to work between 7am and 8am.

I really didnt like the change and miss how intelligent it was with Scotty et al..

Initially Jake was really lost with sports and Pratt was a blowhard - that is a bad combination for me. I tuned in today and Jake sounds like he is educating himself about sports but he still sounds a little lost and his countless stories about drugs are actually very boring. Pratt has started whining about bike lanes and politics.

and he is not knowledgeable about sports - recently wrong about Ovechkin having problems out of the gate after going to Sochi and wrong calling Kessel a weasel after slashing Scott. For crying out loud, every pro he interviewed said they would do the same.

I have tried tuning in everyday because there aren't any other Vancouver options. I always end up turning the radio off after about 5 minutes of these two.

I have started listening to an Ottawa sports radio station on - wayyyyy better.

Apparently a lot of people listen to sports radio in this market(or used to). I used to really enjoy the morning show but not so much anymore. Whining about people whining doesn't equal less whining.

Month later: Show still there. Guess the world goes on without your approval.

Oh, and whining about people whining doesn't equal less whining either.

I really enjoyed the morning sports show during my bike ride to work between 7am and 8am.

I really didnt like the change and miss how intelligent it was with Scotty et al..

Initially Jake was really lost with sports and Pratt was a blowhard - that is a bad combination for me. I tuned in today and Jake sounds like he is educating himself about sports but he still sounds a little lost and his countless stories about drugs are actually very boring. Pratt has started whining about bike lanes and politics.

and he is not knowledgeable about sports - recently wrong about Ovechkin having problems out of the gate after going to Sochi and wrong calling Kessel a weasel after slashing Scott. For crying out loud, every pro he interviewed said they would do the same.

I have tried tuning in everyday because there aren't any other Vancouver options. I always end up turning the radio off after about 5 minutes of these two.

Do they talk about Vancouver sports teams on an Ottawa station? I dunno, because my car radio can't pick anything up but local ones.

Month later: Show still there. Guess the world goes on without your approval.

Oh, and whining about people whining doesn't equal less whining either.

The whining comment wasn't directed at you. And if enough of us who crave sports radio whine about it, maybe we can make change...get it? Or does a month mean it's permanent??

Tim and Sid on the Fan 590 Toronto are excellent in the mornings.

They know their stuff, they have a wide variety of discussions on different sports, and they're hilarious.

Oh i would expect another month. ;)

I expect bro will fulfill his contract, hopefully only a year. After that, Pratt with someone knowledgable will work great. I am pretty much done with my "fair shake trial period" ......and hell yes I'll take some cheese with that whine! ;)

Jake sucks big time. Pratt I have time for when he talks sports, but his tangents drive me nuts. Used to be Burke or politics, now it is Kessel. Pretty much every hockey interview he slides a Kessel/weasel reference. Gets old real fast. Team needs to admit their mistake and go another direction.

Yah Pratt is really getting old fast ... like 3 days later, he's still going on about Kessel and Ovechkin. Every guest they have on like Duthie, Pratt asks about the same damn thing that he is pissed off about ... who the hell cares about what Washington fans think of Ovechkin going over to Sochi, this is Vancouver.

Will give 590 a try or time for Sirius.

So annoying,is that the show that comes on in the morning cause I can't stand it at all, all they do is talk about the leafs and other teams. Canucks got outshot 40-17 by the rangers and won 5-0 cause lundqvist played bad and the guys talking about how the canucks looked like the 2011 team LOL.

Pratt just wines about Gregor. I think the Bro is a different personality who would be better at night when people are more chill and about to go to sleep than in the morning.

The Dr. Love segment was kinda funny.

Rintout is way too serious to be on at night. They should flip flop. Get rid of Matt Baker and the stupid game night.

Don't need Canucks post game news regurgitated all night. This isn't the playoffs.

Do they talk about Vancouver sports teams on an Ottawa station? I dunno, because my car radio can't pick anything up but local ones.

not so much vancouver sports, but it is canadian sports talk by knowledgeable sports people. They do not talk about double crown, or the last time led zepplin came to town. They do not rip bike lanes or really talk about any politics. when i want politics i watch Jon Stewart. Hell - this is Ottawa and they do not rip Toronto as much as Pratt does.

Pratt's rant sounds so tired and contrived to me....

It is clearly not working, they have lost me and I love sports radio.

They do not compliment or work well with each other.

The show is bad, really disappointing and 1040 better make some changes.

People that listen to sports radio take their sports seriously,

That doesn't mean it can't be fun and serious

not so much vancouver sports, but it is canadian sports talk by knowledgeable sports people. They do not talk about double crown, or the last time led zepplin came to town. They do not rip bike lanes or really talk about any politics. when i want politics i watch Jon Stewart. Hell - this is Ottawa and they do not rip Toronto as much as Pratt does.

Pratt's rant sounds so tired and contrived to me....

Yeah but if they don't talk about our teams they ain't worth squat over here. Sorry, but nobody gives a crap about the RoughRiders or whatever their team is called now.

Ripping TO as opposed to being a douchey windbag about the Canucks every morning? Bring it on. Pratt's spat about Kessel was spot-on. It was ultra-cowardly.

It is clearly not working, they have lost me and I love sports radio.

They do not compliment or work well with each other.

The show is bad, really disappointing and 1040 better make some changes.

People that listen to sports radio take their sports seriously,

That doesn't mean it can't be fun and serious

Then Rintoul's old segments where they talk nothing but TV shows and actors and why Botch is grumpy again... That was supposed to be taken seriously?

This current show isn't perfect, but i don't miss the old one.

Then Rintoul's old segments where they talk nothing but TV shows and actors and why Botch is grumpy again... That was supposed to be taken seriously?

This current show isn't perfect, but i don't miss the old one.

I sure miss the old one. Even Pratt going on and on about Ovechkin is so tired. Love how Eddie Olczyk just shut him up!! Wish the could hire Eddie.

+1 for awful .. I hope some people from 1040 are on this board. Yuck to Bro and Pratt ... absolutely terrible combination. This show is like for 60 year olds ... no offense to those who are +60.

I'm in my 50s and I don't enjoy the Bro, tuned him out years ago and when I listen to music it's now the Bellingham classic rock station. The Bro doesn't know sports and tries to interject his brand of humor (toilet) at every chance, it sucks.

I sure miss the old one. Even Pratt going on and on about Ovechkin is so tired. Love how Eddie Olczyk just shut him up!! Wish the could hire Eddie
The Blackhawks commentator? Sure.

But on that note, at least Olczyk wouldn't bow down to opposing media opinion like everyone on the Rintoul show did on a day-to-day basis.

Archived