The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Help Finding Good Free VPNs

Watermelon

I was looking for a good free vpn. I tried finding some but all of them slow my computer down waay to much or are constantly crashing. Also, most of them are just trial versions of paid vpns so they stop working after a while. Any help?

how does that link you sent work? I think you just search whatever you want in that search bar and that's protected. I need something that protects everything on my computer.

That can just be used for searching sites etc, didn't realize you wanted your whole computer protected lol (my bad).

CanadianLoonie sums it up right here though....

Good VPNs are not free...you get what you pay for...

I don't think we're talking about the same animal...

IDK I'm not good at this. IF for example, I had PopcornTime or want to torrent something(Which I don't cause thats illegal) what can make it untraceable? Also, Im aware you get what you pay for but whats the best free one

IDK I'm not good at this. IF for example, I had PopcornTime or want to torrent something(Which I don't cause thats illegal) what can make it untraceable? Also, Im aware you get what you pay for but whats the best free one

Well, VPN is a tunnel through the Internet. It's supposed to be private. It like, connects a branch office to a distant office. We have one at work in the office in Langley where we use it connect to the main server which is located in Vancouver. Which is why I didn't even know you could get them for free since they're supposed to be provided from the ISP. Sounds illegal in itself as is torrenting, isn't it?

I did some research on this topic a few weeks ago and settled on Cyberghost. It works fine for me when i want to use it but I can't really say how good or bad it is because I know so very little about how it all works.

I did some research on this topic a few weeks ago and settled on Cyberghost. It works fine for me when i want to use it but I can't really say how good or bad it is because I know so very little about how it all works.

Yeah I tried it abut the free version blocks all Peer to Peer downloads because they want to to pay for and I kind of need that the most

Yeah I tried it abut the free version blocks all Peer to Peer downloads because they want to to pay for and I kind of need that the most

By the P2P downloads, do you mean direct downloads off webpages, or through frostwire? I've heard of people with Cyberghost being able to download torrents through Frostwire. Not that I'd ever do that, of course. But other people can.

By the P2P downloads, do you mean direct downloads off webpages, or through frostwire? I've heard of people with Cyberghost being able to download torrents through Frostwire. Not that I'd ever do that, of course. But other people can.

No, peer to peer download are often used in torrent(you know, not that I use them) where the torrent is seeded and such

No, peer to peer download are often used in torrent(you know, not that I use them) where the torrent is seeded and such

What country's server were you on? P2P stuff is blocked on the US servers because P2P activity is often illegal in the US. But I heard this myth that if one is connected to one of the free servers in Europe P2P activity is unblocked.

(not that I'd know, i mean wtf is a "torrent"?)

Archived