Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Younger player potentials from the random kesler trades

Discussion

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Poll: Maybe Future Canucks (55 member(s) have cast votes)

Best Potential Defense player

1. Theadore (7 votes [12.73%])

Percentage of vote: 12.73%

2. Leddy (5 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

3. Pouliot (43 votes [78.18%])

Percentage of vote: 78.18%

Best Potential Forward

1. Etem (10 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

2. Teravainen (42 votes [76.36%])

Percentage of vote: 76.36%

3. Bennett (3 votes [5.45%])

Percentage of vote: 5.45%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Whale Tail

Whale Tail

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:00 PM

Hey everyone, I don't follow a lot of the lower leagues and younger prospects on other teams and just wondering if people would shed some light on this. I put this in General forum as some of these players do play a few games on their NHL teams and not in AHL etc. I'm interested if its all personal choices or if some of the players have that much more potential. I understand Most are unproven and you never quite know what they will achieve.

3 teams with a Defense and Forward that seem to be posted every day in some way for Kesler are

Anaheim: Etem and theadore

Chicago: Teravainen and Leddy

Pittsburg: Pouliot and Bennett

I am just curious between Defense players is there a clear Better player between Leddy, Theadore or Pouliot? I Read a lot of praise on Pouliot in the forums.

and also with the forwards Etem, Teravainen and Bennett. Do any have a much higher ceiling with potential? I know Etem has history with Shink

Thanks for your Insight and comments.

2281.gif

#2 canucks155

canucks155

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:15 PM

Dman: Poliout. Picked the highest, had a great season this year and I think he has the ceiling of a top 2 dman if he continues to improve.

Forward: TT. I'm still amazed he fell that far in the draft. The kid can just play.

Edited by canucks155, 22 June 2014 - 08:15 PM.

tank.gif

#3 Spotted Zebra

Spotted Zebra

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:17 PM

Yes Pouliot would be the ideal d man coming back for sure. He is a tiny bit small for a dman though so that's the only thing.

Teravainen Has the highest potential but Etem is probably the safest of that group
Posted Image
Thanks Vintage Canuck!

#4 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,117 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:45 PM

Obviously there are a few that are not mentioned. I personally love the idea of fetching Rakell and Theodore.

"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#5 RogerEpic5

RogerEpic5

Comets Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:50 PM

You might as well skip the Chicago trades. Most likely not going to happen due to the salary cap. Only 4.6 million and they need to re sign big players to bigger contracts. Anyways 

I'm going to say Etem and Pouliot. Pouliot, an excellent defenseman who I think will become a future top 2 dman. The least would be top 4... 

Etem had a pretty good season with the Norfolk Admirals. He could very well end up being a 2nd line centre with lots of potential. I'd rather get Devante Smith-Pelly than Etem if we were to trade Kesler to Anaheim. Devante, 10th pick, and maybe Palmieri? I don't know. It amazes me how extremely over-rated Kesler is to others teams. 

2qwhgcg.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck!

#6 Whale Tail

Whale Tail

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 09:19 PM

I didn't add Smith-Pelly because I thought Rumors/ Reports were he isn't on the table. And Rakel is always thrown in with others so I assumed he doesn't have as high of a ceiling as Etem etc.

Is Bennett a better player than Rakel?

2281.gif

#7 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,495 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:07 PM

Karlsson is anther potential forward in an Anaheim deal.

Karlsson, Theodore and the 10th would fit pretty nicely in the youth ranks imo.

And one thing about Theodore worth keeping in mind - unlike Pouliot, he was not surrounded by high end scoring talent like Pouliot was with the Portland Winterhawks.  Theodore was the T-Birds top scorer.

Another guy of interest as far as I'm concerned is Julius Honka - if the Canucks could acquire a pick to draft him with I'd be pretty pleased - I think he is less touted but has the kind of talent that puts him in a class with Pouliot and Theodore, and like Theodore, his production in Swift Current is worth keeping in context.

Edited by oldnews, 23 June 2014 - 01:12 PM.

#8 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,005 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:49 AM

Pouliot and Teravainen.

307mg00.jpg

#9 sharnhayre

sharnhayre

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,615 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:53 AM

Pouliet would be a workhorse Dman that can log big minutes. Teravainen should grow into being a good 2nd line player

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Discussion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.