The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Younger player potentials from the random kesler trades

Maybe Future Canucks  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey everyone, I don't follow a lot of the lower leagues and younger prospects on other teams and just wondering if people would shed some light on this. I put this in General forum as some of these players do play a few games on their NHL teams and not in AHL etc. I'm interested if its all personal choices or if some of the players have that much more potential. I understand Most are unproven and you never quite know what they will achieve.

3 teams with a Defense and Forward that seem to be posted every day in some way for Kesler are

Anaheim: Etem and theadore

Chicago: Teravainen and Leddy

Pittsburg: Pouliot and Bennett

I am just curious between Defense players is there a clear Better player between Leddy, Theadore or Pouliot? I Read a lot of praise on Pouliot in the forums.

and also with the forwards Etem, Teravainen and Bennett. Do any have a much higher ceiling with potential? I know Etem has history with Shink

Thanks for your Insight and comments.

You might as well skip the Chicago trades. Most likely not going to happen due to the salary cap. Only 4.6 million and they need to re sign big players to bigger contracts. Anyways

I'm going to say Etem and Pouliot. Pouliot, an excellent defenseman who I think will become a future top 2 dman. The least would be top 4...

Etem had a pretty good season with the Norfolk Admirals. He could very well end up being a 2nd line centre with lots of potential. I'd rather get Devante Smith-Pelly than Etem if we were to trade Kesler to Anaheim. Devante, 10th pick, and maybe Palmieri? I don't know. It amazes me how extremely over-rated Kesler is to others teams.

I didn't add Smith-Pelly because I thought Rumors/ Reports were he isn't on the table. And Rakel is always thrown in with others so I assumed he doesn't have as high of a ceiling as Etem etc.

Is Bennett a better player than Rakel?

Karlsson is anther potential forward in an Anaheim deal.

Karlsson, Theodore and the 10th would fit pretty nicely in the youth ranks imo.

And one thing about Theodore worth keeping in mind - unlike Pouliot, he was not surrounded by high end scoring talent like Pouliot was with the Portland Winterhawks. Theodore was the T-Birds top scorer.

Another guy of interest as far as I'm concerned is Julius Honka - if the Canucks could acquire a pick to draft him with I'd be pretty pleased - I think he is less touted but has the kind of talent that puts him in a class with Pouliot and Theodore, and like Theodore, his production in Swift Current is worth keeping in context.

Archived