The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[proposal] draft day

We'd be lucky to pry Teemu out of there, he has lots of offensive upside, but if they'd take Juice for him I'd happily give him up, no questions asked.

The writers from Wingin' It In Motown (the Wings' fan site) say they need size up front to replace Franzen and a defender who can eat minutes, so if they trust Juice and Kass enough to provide in those respective areas then sure. However, to give up the cannon and mobility he's got (and Hicketts who is a small but mobile puck-mover) might be mortgaging too much of the future.

It DOES meet needs for both sides but we'd be lucky to get it done.

Unless Kassian has long term back issues, I cant see how you would trade him for these guys. Kassian's performance on the top line, whether it be with Torts or Willie, shows he is exactly what we need. Too bad he was injured during the playoffs, would have been a different series. The Canucks need size up front more so than the wings.

I actually really like this one. Although Detroit has more of a long-term necessity for younger, talented forwards like Teemu.. Their current biggest weakness is on defense. With Zetts and Datsyuk not having many years left, I could see Wings management/ownership pulling the trigger on a move like this to capitalize/gamble on their short-term potential by adding a veteran like Juice and a serviceable, younger power forward.

The risk? Kassian recovers from back injury and learns a little too well on how to crash the net from Johan Franzen. We hate him for the rest of his career.

Archived