The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mass Effect: Andromeda - Coming March 21st 2017

Ossi Vaananen

3 hours ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

I Know.  I might just hold off for awhile untill it goes on sale

If you're not that big of a fan of the series then I would wait. It'll go on sale in maybe a year and by then, it'll have a bunch of patches out and the game will be much better.

I've preordered this game, too much loyalty to Bioware I guess. 

9 hours ago, Shaft said:

If you're not that big of a fan of the series then I would wait. It'll go on sale in maybe a year and by then, it'll have a bunch of patches out and the game will be much better.

I've preordered this game, too much loyalty to Bioware I guess. 

7 hours ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Got my preload ready. Can't start app until 9 pm PST. 

I've heard some mixed reviews about the start of the game though. Apparently really slow to start, and a fair amount of new information regarding the hub and play style complicates things. 

Looking forward to your thoughts on the game,.,,,,,

Got a duluxe edition coming though the reviews are not exactly blowing me away. Though if I listened to reviews I wouldn't have bought Mass Effect 2 which was a phenomenal game. 

And it just arrived and I am at work. I'll let everyone know what I think when I start bashing through the game on the weekend. 

havn't touched the single player yet...

The MP scratches the same itch that ME3 MP did...almost too similar...Not new territory here, but if you missed out on ME3 MP or loved the original you will have a good time.  The learning curve is steep and it is hard as hell starting out, but I'll help anyone out that wants to play.

Can't put my finger on it but there's the charm of the original three missing. It's a decent game but not blowing me away. Bit too much travel and unskippable docking scenes and I encountered a bug where people on my ship are talking over to intercom to squadmates that haven't joined me yet. 

I do like my Space Monkey.

It's like the game tried to address the complaints off other games into this, like larger exploration and such but it's not jiving with the small amount of action as well as it could. The Nomad1 is a million times better than the Mako, though

I went with a female Ryder to start and it took some doing to make her not hideous, not sure if her conversation choices are doing much yet, but the Biotic huntress girl shot down her advances in a hurry..... Also I would prefer everyone call her Ryder over "pathfinder"

Being able to research better weapons is a nice touch but you can only equip Ryder as your squad is not custmizable except for skill points.

Because you have a jump pack EA couldn't resist making segments of the game into platform puzzles. Stopping and using that wrist scanner all the time disrupts the pace but not doing so means less access to the cool weapons..

Probing still sucks but it's more like in 3 and not that bleh from 2

Music is good, voice acting is alright and it's picking up the pace as I go. We'll see what happens as I get deeper into it.

This game is very disappointing. I am a big Bioware supporter but I say that you should definitely wait to buy this game on sale. It is plagued with too many issues/glitches to even list. On top of that, the writing and dialogue is terrible for Bioware standards and there are also many lore inconsistencies. They went overboard and made all your squadmates into "bros" and no one ever disagrees with you. The game at the moment for me is a 5.5/6 and even if all the bugs, glitches, and terrible animations get fixed it'll still maybe be a 7. That is because they can never fix the garbage writing. Oh and I must say, the female character sounds like a teenage girl and her line delivery is not good. She's a good voice actor but the way they have her delivering the lines make me cringe quite a bit. 

The only positive would be the combat/skills. They did a really good job with that but it was expected because Bioware Montreal handled the Mass Effect: Andromeda project. They were in charge of the ME3 multiplayer and that turned out great. However, regarding everything else, it is not worth full price. Save your money, wait for a sale. 

• 2 months later...

Okay, giving this game a second chance as I need a break from Fallout and the new Skyrim. 

Started a new character and was pleasantly surprised the models have been upgraded. Made a new female Ryder and she looks fantastic. As I redid the prologue every other character I encountered seemed to get a much needed facelift and all look more human (or appropriately alien) now. 

Only just got started last night and finished the prologue and a couple of Nexus side missions. We'll see how it goes from there. Overall I'm feeling eager to jump in as it feels less clunky. Combat was the kind of smooth chaos that commando fights should be and I'm pretty sure there are things that were not there at launch like a store to sell trash on the Tempest and facial reconstruction in med bay. 

We'll see once the worlds start opening up if it can keep my interest this time.

Archived