The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Skiing at Whistler Horseman Glacier - any experience?

JM_

Just wondering if anyone here has experience skiing  Horseman Glacier during the summer? Is it all terrain park or are the runs too?

I'd like to use alpine gear and find some areas to climb up and ski down but I've never been up there and don't know if thats possible in the summer. 

The park is great. Not much for "runs" if you're looking for big long carves.

I like heading up there with a six pack, burying it in the snow and chilling in the sun, drinking between park laps...Well, back in the day at least. If I didn't have a pass I wouldn't have gone up though. Too expensive for very limited terrain.

27 minutes ago, luckylager said:

The park is great. Not much for "runs" if you're looking for big long carves.

I like heading up there with a six pack, burying it in the snow and chilling in the sun, drinking between park laps...Well, back in the day at least. If I didn't have a pass I wouldn't have gone up though. Too expensive for very limited terrain.

Thanks for the info, really I was wondering if the $$ was worth it. Basically I just want somewhere to go for some short alpine climbing and short runs, and to not have to wait 6 more months to ski. i already miss Cypress.

If it's a sunny day, skiing on Horstman Glacier is a great experience. 

Ride the T-bar up the hill and enjoy. Yes there's limited terrain but on a sunny afternoon in June or July there's nothing like spending a couple of hours skiing while only wearing a t-shirt, having lunch and a couple of pops.

13 minutes ago, MJDDawg said:

If it's a sunny day, skiing on Horstman Glacier is a great experience. 

Ride the T-bar up the hill and enjoy. Yes there's limited terrain but on a sunny afternoon in June or July there's nothing like spending a couple of hours skiing while only wearing a t-shirt, having lunch and a couple of pops.

I second this.

3 hours ago, S'all Good Man said:

Thanks for the info, really I was wondering if the $$ was worth it. Basically I just want somewhere to go for some short alpine climbing and short runs, and to not have to wait 6 more months to ski. i already miss Cypress.

It's worth it for the experience. Riding in a Tshirt and board shorts, drinking, it's a pretty good time. You should probably go check it out mid July for a day. It'll be worth it.

Archived