The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Possible Dark Horse Candidates for Canucks Captaincy 2019

Rate this topic

BrockBoester

Anyone know if any of Canucks prospects are Captains on their respective teams?

I actually have no idea. I think Big Tryamkin was a Captain for his KHL Automobilist team but as far as i know it was a rotating between players Captain system. 

Utica I have no idea who’s the Captain. But I don’t think it’s a Canuck.

Jet Woo on his junior team next season?

I know Canucks have prospects with leadership qualities and big motors.

Podkolzin for example is a Captain on any other Russian Team in his age group but he’s playing not in his Age group. He’s playing for KHL St. Petersburg.

As far as Canucks right now Bo is of corse destined to one day be Canucks Captain but Edler maybe the next Captain til he’s retired. But Bo really think will be named Captain to start next season. It’ll probably happen after training camp and preseason the day before regular season starts.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, CanuckGAME said:

I stopped reading when I saw Tryamkin LOL.

Were slapping the C on someone not even on our team eh?

You can't deny the leadership skills of a man that comes from a country run by Putin.

Also yes it's very feasible for the Canucks to wait till March or so, right before we make the playoffs, and then make a surprise unannounced announcement between periods that the new captain will be crowned as the team takes the ice for the next period. And then the last player out of the tunnel with the freshly sewn-on C is the big Russian Monster (who proceeds to lay 16 hits in the next period and pot 2G 2A for a comeback win which clinches the Division Title in overtime)

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

Horvat is the heartbeat and engine of this team.  No question he is already our captain.  

Would you rather have Horvat in the game on the 2nd/3rd line though with the C or would you rather put it on a first-line player with more ice time like Petey or Tryamkin or Big Mikey Ferkland? I mean intuitively it makes more sense to have a captain on the ice more of the time so that he can convince the refs not to carry out Gary Bettman's evil plan against us

• Haha 1