The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL Thread

VanJets

They don't allow you to buy single games anymore. I guess people stopped buying the package and just started buying singles so they got rid of that option. I'm happy that they aren't showing the Dallas game, no one for the most part cares about the Cowboys outside of Dallas.

You got it the wrong way around, Parker is definitely top 5, Johnson is climbing up the ranks still.

Easy. The Lions are garbage. Most of them if not all there games will be garbage.

Yeah well that humdinger 7-6 in the fourth with two minutes to go must've been a barn burner, huh? If that one tip for a TD turned your crank, you should see CFL/Lions' finishes. Most have non stop, game deciding action in the fourth.

Another guy who's obviously clued out and never seen a game. "Their" games are usually quite exciting.

Anyhow - back on topic. My Giants won, so that's good. Seahawks won - check. Dolphins - boo, with some help from the Lions', blew my Sports Action.

Yeah well that humdinger 7-6 in the fourth with two minutes to go must've been a barn burner, huh? If that one tip for a TD turned your crank, you should see CFL/Lions' finishes. Most have non stop, game deciding action in the fourth.

Another guy who's obviously clued out and never seen a game. "Their" games are usually quite exciting.

Anyhow - back on topic. My Giants won, so that's good. Seahawks won - check. Dolphins - boo, with some help from the Lions', blew my Sports Action.

Yeah, I like football. I'm not picky over what I watch, as long as I get to watch a team that I'm familiar with.

Today it was the Lions in the morning and Seahawks in the afternoon, along with whatever bets I had in place on the Sunday Night game.

I know it's way trendy to be anti-community and stuff, but can you use this thread as a place to discuss the NFL and not a place to badmouth a different league?

Yeah, I like football. I'm not picky over what I watch, as long as I get to watch a team that I'm familiar with.

Today it was the Lions in the morning and Seahawks in the afternoon, along with whatever bets I had in place on the Sunday Night game.

I know it's way trendy to be anti-community and stuff, but can you use this thread as a place to discuss the NFL and not a place to badmouth a different league?

Sorry Deb I will have to disagree.

I'd rather watch any NFL game than the best CFL game. Football is ment to be played in the trenches and that just doesn't happen in the CFL. Giving the offense a free yard off the ball is a joke. Giving them an extra wide field and an extra player, along with points for missing field goals and punting the ball ensures that games will have lots of point scoring plays. It doens't make the game better.

I love the running game, I love smash mouth football, and I love defensive wars.

Oh and I like seeing the best players play the game. Not guys who aren't good enough to play in the best league so they come to Canada.

Part of football is what happens "in the trenches" - a good game encompasses all elements - offense, defense, special teams, etc.

FTR - the running game is quickly becoming a good part of BC's gameplan as Mallett is impressive. While he only rushed for 66 yards today (which was more than entire teams in the NFL - 7, to be exact), last week's 213 yards against a tough Montreal team's nothing to sneeze at. Pretty good running game going on there I'd say.

Here are the NFL teams that rushed for less than 100 yards today (only a handful did accomplish that feat):

Cincinnati (86)

Cleveland (89)

Houston (38)

Indianapolis (69)

Titans (86)

Steelers (36)

Dolphins (96)

Falcons (68)

Chiefs (29)

Denver (75)

Carolina (85)

St. Louis (77)

Redskins (85)

49'ers (21)

Arizona (40)

I still don't get the narrow minded people who feel the need to justify that "their" league is "better". It kind of reminds me of the "my Dad's better than your Dad" kindergarten arguments. You don't like it? - whatever (your loss in my mind). But I enjoy both - watched football all day today and am happy that I have the option to do that.

If you watched the Steelers and Titans you would know that the game was full of running. The problem for the running back was that the defense on both sides was amazing. That game was awsome. No CFL game can top the physical battle that took place last Thursday.

That game was the definition of Smash Mouth football. That was old school and I hope those two teams meet in the playoffs with even more on the line.

Part of the running game is watching a team stop the running game. The size and ability that defensive lineman display in the NFL is really amazing.

There is no debate about which league is better. You may find the CFL more entertaining but the best players are in the NFL. Nobody can debate that. Players on NFL practice squads are better than CFL players.

Don't get your panties in a bunch. The Lions suck and everyone knows it. And that TD by Stokley did turn my crank. And why are you talking about the CFL? Why in the world would I want to watch a second tier league? Oh wait because its Canadian. I have to love it or else I'm not as Canadian as you righttt. And the Dolphins blow. Last year was a fluke.

Very immature response. The TD by Geroy turned mine....especially when he demonstrated that he had the presence of mind (and lack of ego) to slow up, point out a block that needed to be taken care of, then proceed into the endzone instead of just peacocking his way in there. Was a beauty.

No need to puff your feathers, I don't need you to like the CFL in order for me to. And I like the NFL, too. You may be a Canadian but you sound like a blowhard....that's unimpressive in any country.

To sum up Week 1 up to this point before tomorrow's Monday Night Doubleheader, it's been injury ridden. Troy Polamalu is out for 3-6 weeks, Donovan McNabb breaks a rib, and looks like Anthony Gonzalez is done for the season. There are still four more teams and 2 games tomorrow, I hope the teams bring more doctors to the sideline.

To sum up Week 1 up to this point before tomorrow's Monday Night Doubleheader, it's been injury ridden. Troy Polamalu is out for 3-6 weeks, Donovan McNabb breaks a rib, and looks like Anthony Gonzalez is done for the season. There are still four more teams and 2 games tomorrow, I hope the teams bring more doctors to the sideline.

It's stupid you can't pay for single games anymore, all I care about are the Dolphins but now you have to pay 49.99 a month. sure you get all the games but between CBS/FOX and a few other random channels you get more than enough games on Sunday.

Anyway Let's go Miami!! Bring home the division again this year!

Man I am so stoked the NFL is back! can't wait for all the games tomaroo should be interesting.

Some predictions this year:

Minnesota has a good year with Farve and possibly makes a deep playoff run, well at least past the 1st round.

San Fransisco will make the playoffs, this team is much better under head coach Mike Singletary.

Arizona has superbowl hangover and misses the playoffs.

Brady re-aggravates knee injury and misses 4-6 weeks costing them a playoff berth.

T.Owens gets off to a great start as a Buffalo Bill but things turn sour halfway though the season as the Bills lose some games and T.O starts whining.

Denver will really start missing Cutler as they will have a very unsuccessful season.

Al Davis will fire Tom Cable after the Raiders inexecusable 0-3 start lol.

Indianapolis will miss the playoffs for the 1st time in long time this season.

and....

Dolphins win the superbowl..?? sigh I can only dream lol.

If you watched the Steelers and Titans you would know that the game was full of running. The problem for the running back was that the defense on both sides was amazing. That game was awsome. No CFL game can top the physical battle that took place last Thursday.

That game was the definition of Smash Mouth football. That was old school and I hope those two teams meet in the playoffs with even more on the line.

Part of the running game is watching a team stop the running game. The size and ability that defensive lineman display in the NFL is really amazing.

There is no debate about which league is better. You may find the CFL more entertaining but the best players are in the NFL. Nobody can debate that. Players on NFL practice squads are better than CFL players.

So you like a game with very little offensive success? Hmmm, not my bag - I like a good mix of both offensive and defensive plays.

I don't care "who's better", I care about an entertaining football game, so we'll agree to disagree. Personally, I find there's nothing better than when someone busts it open or when a great deep reception is made. If it's all grinding it out, the average fan (me) does get bored to some degree. I don't watch football to dissect it like you do - I want some sport's entertainment and that's what I get with the CFL. Rarely a disappointing game...especially some of the finishes we've been having over the past year or so.

I do understand that you're viewing it from a different (more technical) angle - that's cool too. But don't disrespect another league because you don't like it....the CFL has many talented football players and I don't feel the need to compare like you do.

I don't understand why this has become an arguement of which league is more entertaining. CFL has more "big plays" because the level of talent is far lower then the NFL, in fact most college football teams would dominate any CFL team. Lets end this ridiculous arguement, if you want to continue talking about CFL, do it in the CFL THREAD.

On a more positive note, how about Sanchez? Not bad for a rookie who only started one season in college. And that defense? Even with Ellis and Pace just dominated the Texans, who a lot of people had taking the division.

I don't understand why this has become an arguement of which league is more entertaining. CFL has more "big plays" because the level of talent is far lower then the NFL, in fact most college football teams would dominate any CFL team. Lets end this ridiculous arguement, if you want to continue talking about CFL, do it in the CFL THREAD.

On a more positive note, how about Sanchez? Not bad for a rookie who only started one season in college. And that defense? Even with Ellis and Pace just dominated the Texans, who a lot of people had taking the division.

Because people in this thread used it as an opportunity to bash the CFL - I didn't initiate this "arguement". And, until I see the word "mod" connected to your name, I'm pretty sure I won't be taking orders from you.

I've also discussed the NFL and no one's addressed my points. So I'll ask you to, because they're on topic.

Review the rushing yards for several teams yesterday and tell me how it makes for a more exciting "rushing game" when there's a lack of one. Someone clearly said they preferred the NFL's rushing game but, if teams are struggling to use the run, then it's more of a defensive game he's enjoying, not a rushing game.

Archived