The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooo what a great UFC event :D

GSP diminated that fight but Fitch toughed it out and stayed in it. GSP won 50-44

Lesnar totally owned Herring, Herring had no chance in there. Lesnar won via Decision

Florian also dominated Huerta, Huerta couldnt get anything going. Florian wins via decision

McCdonald also showed great heart but lost in 3rd

Great show tonite.

Extremely disappointed in Roger's gameplan. That was terrible. In round three, he looked okay, because he attacked and actually threw some shots. Oh well, the better man one. KenFlo is pretty damn amazing too. Hope he gets a title shot soon.

And GSP just amazed me tonight. Absolutely DOMINATED Fitch. Still can't believe he couldn't finish him.

All in all it was a pretty sweet event.

I wanna see Brock Lesnar's cocky a$$ fight someone good. Herring took a beating and it was a pretty easy win for Lesnar since Lesnar was obviously the stronger of the 2 with the slight weight advantage. I will say this though, Lesnar has been working on his game and it shows. Good on him but the show boating he did towards the end was definitely unnecessary. I'm looking forward to seeing him fight someone legit.

And GSP just amazed me tonight. Absolutely DOMINATED Fitch. Still can't believe he couldn't finish him.

Fitch is one tough sob. I give the guy props for not bowing out in the first after GSP landed those blows. Fitch just kept on going and he never backed down. The guy is as tough as nails. I loved the respect both of them showed to one another. GSP bowed down to him at the end of the match and then Fitch lifted him up after his hand was raised. Great show of respect by both guys. GSP is the man.

Did anyone else find it funny how the stupid Minnesota fans were chanting U-S-A and then G-S-P? :lol:

Wow, how scary is Lesnar? How tough are Herring and Fitch? Amazing amount of heart shown in both those fights, and even by Macdonald (whom I am not a fan of).

I was a little surprised at times that GSP couldn't find a way to finish Fitch, and while Herring has always been a tough SoB that fight did show that Lesnar is no where near his potential.....which is fracking scary. Oh, and someone please fire Dan Miragliotta. I thought he was bad when he gets confused as to who's hand to raise after a fight...but poking Heath in the eye and then not allowing any time for recovery? That's outright stupid, the man is a total amateur.

I think Huerta is going to take this loss the right way and come out a much better fighter for it. It wasn't the show stopper I thought it could be, but was a good fight none the less and Kenny deserved the W.

The sprawling left hook that finished off Manny Gamby was pretty impressive, showed a lot of ring vision by Rob.

Dan Everson officially had the worst intro music for his very brief stay in the UFC :P "I am Viking, I eat Wolf for breakfast" :lol:

I see Kongo/Lesnar up next in the HW division which is good, 'cause I can't stand Kongo and I hope Lesnar picks him up and throws him across the octagon :)

XXXX fighting gloves? /SHUDDER!

Awesome show last night. Not a single snoozer. GSP dominated Fitch, but goddamn can that guy take a hit. How many times did GSP knock him down? It had to be at least 4.

KenFlo looked great as well. Although I was rooting for Huerta, Kenny pretty much beat him at everything.

BJ Penn is a b!tch. He shouldn't have come into the ring, and he needs to defend his title against a decent contender like Kenny Florian before he tries to move up to fight GSP.

Awesome show last night. Not a single snoozer. GSP dominated Fitch, but goddamn can that guy take a hit. How many times did GSP knock him down? It had to be at least 4.

KenFlo looked great as well. Although I was rooting for Huerta, Kenny pretty much beat him at everything.

BJ Penn is a b!tch. He shouldn't have come into the ring, and he needs to defend his title against a decent contender like Kenny Florian before he tries to move up to fight GSP.

I like how GSP kept stating that he wants to fight the most deserving guy, and if the UFC thought Penn was the most deserving, he'd fight him. It was obvious he doesn't care about Penn's little vendetta :P

Great big right hand by Lesnar, and a great chin on Herring for taking it, but Herring should have never allowed himself to get hit clean with a long slow cartoon punch like that in the first place.

exactly what i was thinking when they showed the replay, you could see the punch coming from miles away... frack penn, hes a hack, Florian would destroy him

exactly what i was thinking when they showed the replay, you could see the punch coming from miles away... frack penn, hes a hack, Florian would destroy him

Florian would destroy Penn? Now that's one of the most stupid things I have heard. BJ Penn is a beast, him vs GSP would be an amazing fight, GSP would win in the end though. GSPs camp has expressed interest in moving up and fighting Anderson next. I actually think even with the reach and high disadvantage that GSP could possibly take it.

Florian would destroy Penn? Now that's one of the most stupid things I have heard. BJ Penn is a beast, him vs GSP would be an amazing fight, GSP would win in the end though. GSPs camp has expressed interest in moving up and fighting Anderson next. I actually think even with the reach and high disadvantage that GSP could possibly take it.

only reason i said destroy is because i hate penn... but florian would break penn down and eventually get a submission on him

Where did you hear this? Do you have a link? If true that just shows what a great fighter GSP is. Always wanting to fight the best. That would be one tough challenge though. I wonder what weight GSP and Silva both normally walk around at? Anyone know?

Where did you hear this? Do you have a link? If true that just shows what a great fighter GSP is. Always wanting to fight the best. That would be one tough challenge though. I wonder what weight GSP and Silva both normally walk around at? Anyone know?

GSP walks around at 183.. Silva walks around at about 220

I heard a radio interview with GSP and he said that if he were to fight Silva he would have to definitely put at least 10 more pounds of muscle on

if it you look at it objectively, Silva is a great fighter, but hes larger than anyone he fights in his division, and more often then not the person stands and strikes with him like an idiot.. Silva is NOT a very good wrestler and has shown that he can be smashed up pretty bad on the ground...

If GSP put on 10-15 pounds of muscle and were to fight Silva i would bet on GSP just because he would be smart enough to know that he would have to beat Silva the same way he beat Serra: using his (probably best in the entire ufc) wrestling skills and edging out a ground and pound win.