The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

Great UFC but I didn't like two things:

Brock showboating. This isn't the WWE. I'm not paying to see you act, I'm paying to see you fight. Nobody should do that, let alone a guy who at that point hadn't won a single fight in the UFC.

The other thing I didn't like was porky little BJ Penn jumping into the ring immediately after GSP dominated Fitch (or Finch as Goldberg calls him). Have some class and let GSP soak in his first succesful title defence rather than jump in the ring and act like a douche.

I love the BJ hate here. Makes me sooooo happy, since all of my buddies just loooove BJ.

I'm surprised he's not an only child. The crap he spews out of his mouth, and how he is a golden boy despite proving, oh I don't know.... nothing?? Can't stand him, and if Dana gives him GSP, I hope Rush kills him. Literally.

The other thing I didn't like was porky little BJ Penn jumping into the ring immediately after GSP dominated Fitch (or Finch as Goldberg calls him). Have some class and let GSP soak in his first succesful title defence rather than jump in the ring and act like a douche.

Give it up, this happens all the time. When Hughes beat Penn, St. Pierre was in the ring with a couple of minutes and told Hughes he wasn't impressed with the win. If it wasn't BJ Penn you wouldn't have a problem with it.

I would love nothing more than to see Penn defeat St. Pierre. I'd love to see the GSP fans boys/ Penn haters shut their mouths.

Edited by Oranje_1986

All I can do is trust in the UFC propaganda machine (ironic to say the least) in their hype for the upcoming TuF season where they boldly proclaim that the next big thing is here.

Maybe, just maybe they'll produce a 185'er tough and well rounded enough to take out the 205'er that currently holds the belt.

Dana was saying that new phenom guy is suppose to be a lightweight.. :( I was hoping it was going to be a middleweight too.

I love the BJ hate here. Makes me sooooo happy, since all of my buddies just loooove BJ.

I'm surprised he's not an only child. The crap he spews out of his mouth, and how he is a golden boy despite proving, oh I don't know.... nothing?? Can't stand him, and if Dana gives him GSP, I hope Rush kills him. Literally.

It already done. Dana said the LW division will have to hold now. He said Florian will have to fight another fight.. :blink: And wont get a title shot yet.

BJ has had 3 free WW title shots, and 1 free top contender shot... all the while not working his way up in WW at all. After losing 2x against Hughes/gsp he fought a featherweight Pulver and got another title shot against Stevenson, then against Sherk.

KOS is pissed off. He said why the hell is bj who lost his last 2 WW attempts getting a 3rd shot, while Kos and Deigo Sanchez, his AKA Gym partner Fitch will now have to work his way up too. Penn has proved nothing at WW in the last 4 years. His beat Hughes in 2004. After losing he never tried to work his way up, he just skipped the division. Anyone can win one match. If he gets lucky against GSP people will be kissing his donkey calling him the best ever.

Give it up, this happens all the time. When Hughes beat Penn, St. Pierre was in the ring with a couple of minutes and told Hughes he wasn't impressed with the win. If it wasn't BJ Penn you wouldn't have a problem with it.

I would love nothing more than to see Penn defeat St. Pierre. I'd love to see the GSP fans boys/ Penn haters shut their mouths.

Dana forced GSP into the octagon that night. He told him to hype up the next fight.

I dont know if Dana told BJ to do it this time. He said if GSP beats Fitch fast that it will happen. But GSP and Fitch went into a 5 round war. But then Dana gave BJ the match anyways.

I he did tell BJ to come up then its fine, but i dont think so. I think BJ has been trying to get Dana to get this match even though Dana was saying maybe. He knows if he gets into the octagon and hypes it its almost forcing Dana to do this.

Notice how when BJ asked the fans if they want the fight, Minnesota booed BJ :lol: :lol: They know he doesnt deserve it.

Im the opposite. I want to see GSP smash BJ, so BJ will have to work his way up in WW. But chances are.. if he loses.. he wont work his way up, he will just go back to LW to beat up on other guys.

word is that Rampage will fight Shogun for the new years show.

check out the crowd reaction.. everyone gets school girl giddy when shogun answers.

although shogun is an awesome fighter.. i was hoping Rampage would fight Wanderlei Silva. They both hate each other.

Shogun vs Chuck would have been a better fight like previously planned.

Forgot to mention my big purchase over the weekend.

I know own all 87 UFC ppv's on just over 30 discs. Yah, they're burned but still almost DVD quality. Good times. I just got through UFC 17 where Pete Williams gave Mark Coleman that amazing kick to the face!!!

Anyone interested in purchasing?

Edited by Johnny.

I know own all 87 UFC ppv's on just over 30 discs. Yah, they're burned but still almost DVD quality. Good times. I just got through UFC 17 where Pete Williams gave Mark Coleman that amazing kick to the face!!!

Wow all the ufc's nice

Edited by Easton76

im actually looking for the GSP intro in UFC 56.

They took it out of the official dvd, and all the torrents for it are dvd rips. Was hoping to find the ppv rip.

Does your UFC 56 have GSP's intro and him talking in the post fight against Sean Sherk?

im actually looking for the GSP intro in UFC 56.

They took it out of the official dvd, and all the torrents for it are dvd rips. Was hoping to find the ppv rip.

Does your UFC 56 have GSP's intro and him talking in the post fight against Sean Sherk?

Dunno yet. I'm watching in order to watch the evolution of some of the fighters. I know it sounds gay, but it's actually pretty sweet watching them get better and better. I'm still at the point where you could still wear shoes and wear shirts.

But yah, if you want Pfize, I could burn ya a copy of UFC 56. Lemme know.

Dunno yet. I'm watching in order to watch the evolution of some of the fighters. I know it sounds gay, but it's actually pretty sweet watching them get better and better. I'm still at the point where you could still wear shoes and wear shirts.

But yah, if you want Pfize, I could burn ya a copy of UFC 56. Lemme know.

Thanks for the offer johnny :) but I already have a copy.

Problem is that I didnt see the post fight speech in good quality. Its the famous one where GSP asks for the title shot and gets on his knees and instead of saying fair and square.. he says "fairly squarely" haha.

So i was hoping you had the pay ppv version. If you have some time soon (cause i think its going to take a looooooooong time for you to get to 56 if you are watching from the beginning) hehe if you could just pop in 56 and fast forward it to the end of the fight to see if there is a speech there or if it cuts off in Sherk vs GSP.

I just wanted a 5 min clip of that. Or are these all burned dvd copies? where its one UFC per dvd. If these are all dvds then dont worry about it, because then you have to extract it, divx it then splice the video.. If its just a divx it takes 2 minutes to cut out a bit.

Thanks for the offer johnny :) but I already have a copy.

Problem is that I didnt see the post fight speech in good quality. Its the famous one where GSP asks for the title shot and gets on his knees and instead of saying fair and square.. he says "fairly squarely" haha.

So i was hoping you had the pay ppv version. If you have some time soon (cause i think its going to take a looooooooong time for you to get to 56 if you are watching from the beginning) hehe if you could just pop in 56 and fast forward it to the end of the fight to see if there is a speech there or if it cuts off in Sherk vs GSP.

I just wanted a 5 min clip of that. Or are these all burned dvd copies? where its one UFC per dvd. If these are all dvds then dont worry about it, because then you have to extract it, divx it then splice the video.. If its just a divx it takes 2 minutes to cut out a bit.

Well, so far they've all been DVD rips, so you may be in luck. I dunno. When I get home from work tonight, I'll pop in 56 and see what's up.

I wouldnt mind getting some of the early ones those where brutal. Also what did rampage do to get tossed in jail?

He was involved in a Hit&Run accident, and then continued to flee from the police.

Apparently he went on some crazy fasting diet which consisted of water, energy drinks, and very little sleep. I think he kinda snapped after the loss to Forrest, and lost his brain for a little while.