The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

It is. When florian has his head buried in penn's stomach's it's basically free shots to the head. Penn is hitting him in the head, but is tapping him lightly. He can throw bombs if he wanted to, but chooses not to. I mean he's already punching him in the head, just lightly. He can increase the power if he wanted to, so I don't get the point you're trying to make.

Basically it's not worth it. Very few people can do real damage from such an awkward position, and trying to put too much into it makes it more likely that you'll be taken down.

Silva vs Forest fight fixed? WTF - some of you just blow my mind. :lol:

Forest got rocked 3 times not just once don't forget.

Forest wasn't holding back on any of his punches he was trying to KO Silva, but Silva is just that much better.

Silva vs Forest fight fixed? WTF - some of you just blow my mind. :lol:

Forest got rocked 3 times not just once don't forget.

Forest wasn't holding back on any of his punches he was trying to KO Silva, but Silva is just that much better.

I agree. Forest got embarrassed! Man Silva had his hands down pretty much the whole time just kept dodging it near the end and one punch as he is walking backwards... wow that was beauty! Looked co,cky but no man that was pure confidence... loved it!

johny hendricks fight? Stopped early? Did the ref jump in too early?

Edited by EI_72

Forrest had his jaw dislocated with one of the early strikes then apparently got cracked on the ear so hard that he can't hear out of it. Still, the run back to the dressing room was a lil dramatic. Simply put though, Forrest was compltetly outclassed by a muuuuuuch better fighter. And he knew it early. I don't blame him for what happened at all. It must be tough when you know there's absolutely nothing you can do in a fight.

BJ is still the king of LW. Not much else needs to be said. Kenny tried the GSP tactic of wearing him down but he's nowhere near as strong as GSP, so BJ didn't gas. At least he hung in there. BJ is gonna be a tough one to crack at LW. Maybe Diego gives him a run.

PS: how intimidating must it have been when Anderson started bobbing and weaving, basically toying with Forrest?

It is. When florian has his head buried in penn's stomach's it's basically free shots to the head. Penn is hitting him in the head, but is tapping him lightly. He can throw bombs if he wanted to, but chooses not to. I mean he's already punching him in the head, just lightly. He can increase the power if he wanted to, so I don't get the point you're trying to make.

He doesn't have a point.

Everything pretty much went down how it was supposed to. The only one I wanted different was for Amir Sadollah to win. Man, I feel bad for Ken-Flo though, hope he gets a rematch soon. Diego "the Nightmare" Sanchez is next for BJ. Go Sanchez!

The Forrest Griffin vs Anderson Silva fight was a disappointment IMO. I thought that Forrest would last longer against him. I was hoping that he would win. Forrest should know better than to run at Silva swinging his arms desperately trying to land a punch.

Also the ref totally screwed over Amir Sadollah.

Elbows to the head would do alot of damage, but yeah he should just throw power punches in that position

The Forrest Griffin vs Anderson Silva fight was a disappointment IMO. I thought that Forrest would last longer against him. I was hoping that he would win. Forrest should know better than to run at Silva swinging his arms desperately trying to land a punch.

Also the ref totally screwed over Amir Sadollah.

Totally agree, the ref blew it with a premature stoppage, if he were positioned properly he would have noticed that none of shots were connecting

Henderson, it's already been signed I believe

You could say they stopped it too early, or he's lucky they stopped it when they did Amir was in a very vulnerable posistion

Don't even want to talk about the fights, rattling

3rd time I've posted this, damn IPS