The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

I havent seen a good UFC fight in months, even further back than the Rampage fight. Okay let's not use the word good, lets use amazing.

Are you serious? How about Shane Carwin vs. Brock Lesnar, Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen, Joe Lauzon vs. Gabe Ruediger (Excellent execution on Lauzon's part), Akiyama vs. Leben (Still can't believe it ended in a submission and not a knockout!). The list goes on and on!

Are you serious? How about Shane Carwin vs. Brock Lesnar, Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen, Joe Lauzon vs. Gabe Ruediger (Excellent execution on Lauzon's part), Akiyama vs. Leben (Still can't believe it ended in a submission and not a knockout!). The list goes on and on!

Agreed.

There's been tonnes. I enjoy most fights, but usually there's one of two each card that are freakin awesome.

Vitor Belfort has been forced out the main event of UFC 122 due to an injury .....Man was I excited to watch him free on spike.

as per mmaweekly

rumour. Truth is, Vitor Belfort is not hurt and will face Anderson silva in the new year and Nate Marquardt will face Yushin okami :D

lol, so I'm kind of getting into the MMA UFC thing.

I don't like Ultimate Fighter with team GSP and Koscheck as much just because I have no idea who any of the fighters are.

The previous one, I think, at least I knew who a few guys were, like Diego Sanchez, Koscheck and Forrest Griffen.

Did anyone here Frank Mir running his mouth about that Croatian fighter the their upcoming match on the Showdown Joe segment on Sportsnet? If you're acting that cocky, you better hope the hell you win otherwise you're going to look like the biggest tool in the shed :lol:

Edited by c0medyClub

lol, so I'm kind of getting into the MMA UFC thing.

I don't like Ultimate Fighter with team GSP and Koscheck as much just because I have no idea who any of the fighters are.

The previous one, I think, at least I knew who a few guys were, like Diego Sanchez, Koscheck and Forrest Griffen.

Did anyone here Frank Mir running his mouth about that Croatian fighter the their upcoming match on the Showdown Joe segment on Sportsnet? If you're acting that cocky, you better hope the hell you win otherwise you're going to look like the biggest tool in the shed :lol:

Nobody knew who Koschek,Griffin,and Sanchez were in TUF 1 when it originally aired.

And Mir is always running his mouth, hasn't faced the reality he's not all that good and isnt getting better

Nobody knew who Koschek,Griffin,and Sanchez were in TUF 1 when it originally aired.

And Mir is always running his mouth, hasn't faced the reality he's not all that good and isnt getting better

That's where you're wrong. The reality is Mir IS that good.

Just look at his resume: broke Tim Sylvia's arm in his prime, submitted Lesnar, the first man to ever stop the legendary Nogueira, choked out Kongo, the list goes on.

He IS that good, though with that being said I'm not a big fan of his pre-fight trash talk but that's just who he is. At least it's entertaining.

The only downfall of Mir is he can't compete with the big dogs of the HW division, mainly Lesnar.. though I doubt anyone in the division can.