The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

Mir is the most over-rated fighter in the ufc

seriously who has he beaten in the last 4 years?

Lesnar in his 1st fight who didnt know what he was doing

An out of shape past his prime cro cop

Chiek Kongo LOL

Nogueira who was ill at the time he was fighting and passed his prime

the guy has 1 top 10 win which was against Nog in the last 4 years. The last 2 times he fought a top 10 figher, he has the crap beaten out of him. Overeem, Fedor, JDS, Cain, Lesnar, and Carwin would all have their way with Mir.

I do think that Mir has talent, however the four guys above him would/have all crush(ed) him.

My top 5 HW's in the UFC right now....

1. Lesnar

2. Velasquez

3. Dos Santos

4. Carwin

5. Mir

Me thinks he needs to sign elsewhere. It's just not gonna happen in the UFC.

Also, still so damn pissed about the Dunham robbery.

EA MMA demo came out yesterday. I'm not impressed at all. The controls feel unresponsive and the walking animation has the fighter gliding on the mat with his hands by his waist. I noticed some clipping too.

A guy claiming to work for EA said the demo is a July build, but I'll believe it when the game actually comes out. To me, it makes no sense to release a poor demo after all the hype they've been throwing at this game over the past year. Undisputed 2009 had a solid demo, and I expected no less from EA.

I like the demo but you can tell from watching current videos of the game that it's an early build. For example, the demo doesn't have commentary. Do you honestly think the full game won't have commentary? The striking looks better than UFC, the ground game is way more balanced and fun (no stick hugging), doing submissions is actually fair and doesn't require you to spin your stick in a perfect circle 80,000 times a second... The demo isn't perfect but I've no doubt the full game will be awesome. Every match I have is different, it's very organic. I had a grinding three round war as Overeem against Lashley, and then played again and stuffed his takedowns then landed a perfect 1-2 combo and knocked him out. Things will be fixed and things will be different by the time the full game comes out. There's still three weeks or so of development to go. I traded UFC Undisputed 2010 a long time ago because it just wasn't any fun; impossible to submit the CPU and impossible to escape submissions from the CPU, amongst other things. The more you play the EA MMA demo the more you'll appreciate what they're going for.

On another note, did anyone watch TUF tonight and hear that Koscheck wants to motorboat GSP's ass?

Edited by Steve Danger

The thing with Reem is he has one of the best guillotines in the heavyweight division. He may not be able to stop a takedown from Brock (I think he could) but he'd be a threat to finish from the bottom. Overeem has an underrated ground game and one of the best standup games in the entire sport. I'm not saying he'd beat Brock, I don't know, but I think it would be a great fight. Is he juicing? Yeah, most likely, judging by his appearance, but who knows. Some people are just freaks. He obviously tested clean in his win over Brett Rogers, right?

UFC eyeing summer 2011 return to Vancouver

VANCOUVER (NEWS1130) - It's been almost four months since the UFC came to Vancouver. Today UFC Canada President Tom Wright will meet with the City of Vancouver about a future card at Rogers Arena.

News1130 spoke with Wright, who wouldn't confirm it's coming back, but hinted strongly at a possible summer show. "We have these meetings all the time, to make sure we're on the same page, so that we can move forward and hopefully have a situation where all the events leading up to the 2011 card are managed more smoothly. We're well ahead of things right now - it's only the month of October, so we are six to nine months ahead of things."

The UFC brought their MMA show to Vancouver this past June, headlined by a fight between Chuck Liddell and Rich Franklin.

\o/ :D

UFC eyeing summer 2011 return to Vancouver

VANCOUVER (NEWS1130) - It's been almost four months since the UFC came to Vancouver. Today UFC Canada President Tom Wright will meet with the City of Vancouver about a future card at Rogers Arena.

News1130 spoke with Wright, who wouldn't confirm it's coming back, but hinted strongly at a possible summer show. "We have these meetings all the time, to make sure we're on the same page, so that we can move forward and hopefully have a situation where all the events leading up to the 2011 card are managed more smoothly. We're well ahead of things right now - it's only the month of October, so we are six to nine months ahead of things."

The UFC brought their MMA show to Vancouver this past June, headlined by a fight between Chuck Liddell and Rich Franklin.

\o/ :D

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaa

MMA needs to fix judging asap, it's just ridiculous.

Nick Diaz baby, most well rounded fighter in his division.

Hear Josh Thompson after his fight with JZ?? Something among the lines of "The judges need to get things right! There's no way I won that fight 30-27!"

Good on him. Nice to see a winner acknowledge the crap judging. Something Sherk shoulda done.

Edited by Raoul Duke

He's awful. He's always been awful. I hope he's cut.

Kongo's always been a blatant cheater too. He was grabbing Browne's shorts for dear life even after being deducted a point. And the groin shots...the only match I can remember him not committing an illegal groin shot was his first round choke out against Frank Mir. I'm no Mir fan, but that was satisfying to watch.

Well, that show was pretty damn predictable.

Condit beat Hardy, however the KO was pretty crazy. I knew he was gonna win but not like that. And I should've put $1,000 on Bisping to win by decision. That may have been the easiest fight to call in a while.

One week til Cain destroys Brock.

Please