The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

Rampage is a straight forward type of fighter, just like Thiago Alves. Machida can only be stopped by dynamic fighters like G.S.P or Anderson Silva. However it doesn't seem likely that Machida and Silva would fight because they're such close friends.

It is reported that Maricio shogun Rua to take on Lyoto Dragon Machida in October. It was believed that Machida would defend his title agains top contender Rampage Jackson but it turns out he will be electing for some "black on black crime" by taking on Rashad Evans

http://mmajunkie.com/news/15025/report-mau...-in-october.mma

Is anyone going to buy Forrest Griffin's book, Got Fight ? It looks pretty good. "For 50 zen principles of Hand-to-face combat" :lol: I know that I'll be buying it :)

Wondering why you should purchase this book when there are other titles on the shelves written by much higher-caliber fighters? Well, Forrest Griffin is not as good-looking as those guys. He's not as smart as them. He's also not as athletically endowed. And let's face it, neither are you. Those other fighters are pretty much better than you in every way. But you can actually aspire to be as good as Forrest one day. Why? Because he is nothing special, just like you.

Forrest is not a martial artist. He's a fighter, and this book was written for his kin. If you're a hillbilly like Forrest and you get off on having your face rearranged, Got Fight? is for you. This is a manifesto more strategic than Sun Tzu's The Art of War, more philosophical than Bruce Lee's Tao of Jeet Kune Do, more powerful than a well-lubricated locomotive.

In these pages you will learn about true mental toughness—whether it's scraping it out in the Octagon or picking up chicks. You will learn about the mental defects that made Forrest Griffin into the abomination he is today and how you can use your shortcomings to become equally horrible. You will learn the essential tactics of hand-to-hand combat as well as how to defend yourself in the event of a sword attack. Never been attacked by a sword? You need this book worse that we thought.

Still not convinced? Don't worry. Even if you find that the book sucks, it will be no worse than having sex with Forrest Griffin. You'll feel a small prick and some minor discomfort, and then it will all be over.

http://www.harpercollins.com/books/9780061...ight/index.aspx

9780061721717.jpg

Mir and Fedor anyone?

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/...dor?eref=fromSI

Frank Mir, the UFC's interim heavyweight champion, said during a question-and-answer session with fans at a UFC Fight Club session on Friday at the MGM Grand Garden Arena that he'd love to fight Fedor Emelianenko, but said he'd only do it if it were in the UFC. Mir said that while there are other good fighters in competing promotions, "the best, the deepest pool of fighters" is in the UFC. "If he's called the best fighter in the world, why wouldn't he want to come to the UFC and prove it?" Mir asked. "I know I would."

It is reported that Maricio shogun Rua to take on Lyoto Dragon Machida in October. It was believed that Machida would defend his title agains top contender Rampage Jackson but it turns out he will be electing for some "black on black crime" by taking on Rashad Evans

http://mmajunkie.com/news/15025/report-mau...-in-october.mma

Shogun vs Machida in October at UFC 104 in LA.

Rua gets destroyed. Even though he was coming off injury, he barely got by 44yr old Coleman he hadn't fought for a few years. He knocked out Liddell but who doesn't now a days. Machida is in a different class and should mow through Shogun unless he can somehow regain his "pride" form

Rua gets destroyed. Even though he was coming off injury, he barely got by 44yr old Coleman he hadn't fought for a few years. He knocked out Liddell but who doesn't now a days. Machida is in a different class and should mow through Shogun unless he can somehow regain his "pride" form

This is what you call cynical matchmaking, feeding Machida a "name" opponent who's got very little left and is about 3 fights away from being retired by some can. I think Rihanna vs Christ Brown II would be more competitive.

This is what you call cynical matchmaking, feeding Machida a "name" opponent who's got very little left and is about 3 fights away from being retired by some can. I think Rihanna vs Christ Brown II would be more competitive.

I would definitely pay money to see that one

Uhhhhhhhh, Shogun is really really young. He is not 3 fights away from being retired. He was ranked #1 LHW at the age of 25 in 2006. I think its gonna be a good fight. I'm guessing you've never seen his Pride fights. Machida still takes it. It is a way bigger/competitive fight then Machida vs Evans.

Uhhhhhhhh, Shogun is really really young. He is not 3 fights away from being retired. He was ranked #1 LHW at the age of 25 in 2006. I think its gonna be a good fight. I'm guessing you've never seen his Pride fights. Machida still takes it. It is a way bigger/competitive fight then Machida vs Evans.

Sometimes a fighter's abilities go way long before their physical prime is over, Mike Tyson is a good example. That's assuming Shogun is still in his physical prime, some guys just athletically age faster than others.

I hope you're right and it turns out to be a good fight, but it's my opinion that it could be one-sided. It was alleged that he was on steroids in pride because of their no-test policy (although everyone else probably was doing it too in japan), which would explain his dominance. He looked gassed out against Griffin and Coleman which had nothing to do with his knee injury, needed an extra boost perhaps?

Dana said that he was going to sign a Middleweight that would blow everyones minds. I wonder who that could be. The only person that would really blow my mind would be Cung Le and Dana already said it's not Cung Le. So who is it? Vitor Belfort?

Eww... Frank Trigg signed a 4 fight deal with the UFC on the 27th of may i hope thats not who he was talking about.