The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

Friends in Las Vegas got stranded today, Vegas was hit by its largest snow storm in over 30 years.

Pics:

http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-164900

City is shut down entirely, looks weird with palm trees covered in snow. My memories of Vegas are from the middle of June and April's spent down there with temps between 85-115.

This is weird :P

Friends in Las Vegas got stranded today, Vegas was hit by its largest snow storm in over 30 years.

Pics:

City is shut down entirely, looks weird with palm trees covered in snow. My memories of Vegas are from the middle of June and April's spent down there with temps between 85-115.

Vegas looks so beautiful with the snow. I wish i was there. :(

Vegas looks so beautiful with the snow. I wish i was there. :(

It looks pretty yea, but I'd be pissed if I was in Vegas and it snowed on me lol. Seems to not go well with holidays down there.

No pools, no palm trees, no warmth, no transport. People are in a panic down there lol. It will melt im sure in 2-3 days seeing as its normal high is like 55 or so around this time of year.

abbotsford is pretty much a nightmare right now.

i don't think any of the roads have been plowed at all.

it is pretty much a white out right now in some places.

i just talked to my best friend who lives in chilliwack but works and abby and she has to stay at her parents in abby for the night because a lot of portions of the highway between here and chilliwack are closed completely.

i want it to stop. :(

guess i won't take that job there then :)

It looks pretty yea, but I'd be pissed if I was in Vegas and it snowed on me lol. Seems to not go well with holidays down there.

No pools, no palm trees, no warmth, no transport. People are in a panic down there lol. It will melt im sure in 2-3 days seeing as its normal high is like 55 or so around this time of year.

true. I would be pretty mad.

it was scorching hot last time i went to vegas. It was 60 degress.

true. I would be pretty mad.

it was scorching hot last time i went to vegas. It was 60 degress.

We're talking Celsius? Not to make a counter argument or anything, but if we are: Las Vegas, and Nevada as a whole has never seen a high above 52. However Fahrenheit its above 60 all year round practically :P

Hopefully i didnt rain on parades and such.

We're talking Celsius? Not to make a counter argument or anything, but if we are: Las Vegas, and Nevada as a whole has never seen a high above 52. However Fahrenheit its above 60 all year round practically :P

Hopefully i didnt rain on parades and such.

yes, celsius. There was a heat wave when I was there. I stayed locked up in my room for a couple of days.

Pics:

This is weird tongue.gif

OMGZ IZ GLOBALZ COLDINGZZZZZZZ

Edited by Arctic Monkeys

-40 degrees or colder

or 5cm of snow.

Not in surrey, last year at one point the snow was almost a foot high, but the motherfracking schools were still closed, lol apparently one time they said school is open, kids go to school, withing a few minutes school was closed, WTF ?

Pics:

They shut down the city cause of that much snow, that looks like nothing lol.

yes, celsius. There was a heat wave when I was there. I stayed locked up in my room for a couple of days.

How could you stay locked in your room?! what hotel :P

I love the Vegas heat of the Summer time. I remember driving from Denver to Las Vegas. We hit the Kennedy Pass in Colorado and it was 8 degrees in the mountains. I told my buddy to not touch or open the window till we got to Nevada. We stepped out of the car in Mesquite, NV two hours from Vegas, car temp was reading 43 degrees Celsius, a feeling ill never forget. I love stepping outside knowing I need shorts, and knowing a cool pool is the only way to go!

According to Wikipedia tho: "the hottest temperature ever recorded is 117 °F (47 °C) set twice, on July 19, 2005, at McCarran International Airport and July 24, 1942, at present-day Nellis Air Force Base."

So perhaps you were in around a feeling of 50 or so degrees, its never been 60...anywhere.

57.8 °C (136 °F)

Al 'Aziziyah, Libya

13 September 1922

World Record.

Yes...im a weather nerd, and a Las Vegas nerd. :lol:

On another note, it finally stopped snowing in the WPG.

Edited by mike2576

How could you stay locked in your room?! what hotel :P

I love the Vegas heat of the Summer time. I remember driving from Denver to Las Vegas. We hit the Kennedy Pass in Colorado and it was 8 degrees in the mountains. I told my buddy to not touch or open the window till we got to Nevada. We stepped out of the car in Mesquite, NV two hours from Vegas, car temp was reading 43 degrees Celsius, a feeling ill never forget. I love stepping outside knowing I need shorts, and knowing a cool pool is the only way to go!

According to Wikipedia tho: "the hottest temperature ever recorded is 117 °F (47 °C) set twice, on July 19, 2005, at McCarran International Airport and July 24, 1942, at present-day Nellis Air Force Base."

So perhaps you were in around a feeling of 50 or so degrees, its never been 60...anywhere.

57.8 °C (136 °F)

Al 'Aziziyah, Libya

13 September 1922

World Record.

Yes...im a weather nerd, and a Las Vegas nerd. :lol:

On another note, it finally stopped snowing in the WPG.

my friend must have been lying to me then. I asked him during that time what the temperature was and he said it was 60. <_<

my friend must have been lying to me then. I asked him during that time what the temperature was and he said it was 60. <_<

It is possible, however I can confirm I have set foot in -55 or colder, right in my own backyard lol.

However yea, 60 degrees hasnt occured yet. You can tell him Mike the weatherguy on CDC told ya that info :P

It is possible, however I can confirm I have set foot in -55 or colder, right in my own backyard lol.

However yea, 60 degrees hasnt occured yet. You can tell him Mike the weatherguy on CDC told ya that info :P

lol. that must have been a very cold day for you. The coldest weather i have experienced was -30 degress. Although i heard that the arctic is pretty cold. :lol:

lol. okay. i will tell him. :lol:

Pics:

Yeah, it's insane. The north part of Los Angeles County in California is getting more snow than we are, especially in the Antelope Valley (Palmdale and Lancaster). Also reports of snow falling in the hills in northern Orange County. The entire desert southwest is going wacko.

There's nothing like seeing a photo of Huntington Beach, with palm trees and beach houses, flanked by mountains absolutely covered with snow.

Edited by BuckyHermit